#1 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (5040 posts) - - Show Bio

WATCH THIS VIDEO.....

I Hope to god this not true. Who are these idiots who make dumba$$ decisions like this in Marvel and even DC?

#2 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes sense, Marvel is becoming more like the movies, which are based off the Ultimate, all amalgamated

#3 Posted by JediXMan (28077 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. The Ultimate universe hasn't been good in years, so I really couldn't care less.

#4 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5040 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: I think Ultimates books have been some of Marvel's best. Ultimate Spiderman Has been an awesome book. Same with Ultimate XMEN

#5 Posted by The Stegman (20875 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped caring about the Ultimate Universe after the madness that was Ultimatum. 

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Good riddance.

#7 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Meh. Good riddance.
#8 Edited by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

I strongly disagree that the Ultimate universe stuff is Marvel's best written series. That was probably true 6 or 7 years ago, but Ultimates 3 was a black stain from which the Ultimate-verse never recovered. Then it was followed up by the somehow even worse Ultimatium, which pretty much killed the entire Ultimate line for me.

That said, I'm not looking forward to this event, but that's largely because I've become jadded with over-hyped events that more often then not just result in bad story telling. With that in mind though, if they use the event as some-type of "Crisis of Infinite Earth's" type event, as a means to TRULY reboot the Marvel U I'd be for it. When it's all over have some characters remain like their 616 versions, some their Ultimate versions, some a less known alternate universe versions, and most an amalgamation of the above.

Marvel really has become to convoluted. A true reboot is kindof needed. If that is what they are intending then I do think that doing it only a year and a half after launching the pseudo-reboot of "Marvel Now" is a bit of a mistake.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (13740 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care about the Ultimate Universe except Ultimate Comics:Spider-Man.

#10 Posted by Billy Batson (56988 posts) - - Show Bio

BB

#11 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I liked about Ultimate was Ultimatum and that was mainly due to the art style. But let's get real here. Art doesn't make a comic book readable and it is only half enjoyable. In my honest opinion, Marvel is stretching to far with their sub-divisions. They need to re-evaluate everything from where Stan Lee left off, and continue the continuity from his previous works. No retconing, no altering character personality and ethnicity. No changing the character's history nor the history of a main arc. Just keep everythng the same and let the old characters get old and die (and stay dead) if need be.

#12 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn Loeb and Quesada

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Dammit, I was gonna post this.

#14 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

just nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#15 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@clemj said:

just nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Did ya look at the thread?

#16 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

I stopped caring about the Ultimate Universe after the madness that was Ultimatum.

YES,THEY KILLED TO MANY PEOPLE!!!!

#17 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: and? I got an opinion, which is it should not be cancelled

#18 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@clemj said:

@Decoy Elite: and? I got an opinion, which is it should not be cancelled

And it's not being a cancelled. Bendis confirmed that.

#19 Posted by Sharkbite (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not pull any Ultimate comics on a monthly basis.

I have, however, purchased quite a few Ultimates trades when I'm in the mood for an edgey new reimagining of a character. I really appreciated Reed Richards taking the villainous turn and becoming almost a new interpretation of Kang the Conqueror.

Plus, deaths in the Ultimates universe mostly seem permanent, so that does make it a bit more significant, rather than the eyeroll and "give it three months" of junk like Superior Spiderman.

#20 Posted by Cap10nate (1892 posts) - - Show Bio

Although it most likely isn't going to be cancelled. I wish that it would be and be replaced with more 616 titles like Iron Fist or Heroes for Hire, Dr. Strange, and maybe another cosmic title.

#21 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather have a Hercules title than the Ultimate universe ones.

#22 Edited by Reignmaker (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

“I am happy to report that we are cooking a couple of interesting projects with the ultimate universe along the lines. Ultimate doomsday was a project very close to my heart.

I am also happy to report that the ultimate universe is in healthy shape and not going away anytime soon, contrary to some irresponsible reporting out there today.

- Brian Bendis

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/02/19/bendis-ultimate-marvel-isnt-going-anywhere/