Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 dlc, please come back?!

Fallen548

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So the whole reason I bought MUA2 was to get the DLC since it has my top 3 favorite Marvel characters in it:
(In order)
Juggernaut
Magneto
Carnage

Yet I learn that now it's online multiplayer only instead of solo campaign like it was back before 2010. I didn't even get my ps3 until late 2011, and usually the stores near my place never had the game. When the store finally did get it, I got the game and tried to play the DLC, but apparently Activision lost the rights to their own DLC (how does that even work?) and now you can't play them unless they're online.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the game. But was anyone else disappointed by this?
Anyone know who I need to get in contact with to try to get them to bring it back? Need my Jug-Mag-Car-Tho combo!!

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a fit when that happened with the first game's DLC. Then they released the Gold edition that's being marked up to ridiculous prices because it's the only way to get those 8 characters. Still never played the DLC...

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FearTheLiving

@kasumi_geist: They have the Platinum edition which is essentially gold that gives the same thing.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I almost missed out on MUA2's DLC but I caught it literally a few hours before it went down.

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Ah! Didn't know they packaged it in the Platinum Greatest Hits. Are you talking about the first game, the second game, or both?

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want them to make a new MUA so badly.

Fallen548

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasumi_geist: I only played a little of the first one, when I was spending the night at a friends house. I actually liked it. Isn't Hulk DLC for the first one?

@avenging_x_bolt: Are Juggs, Mag and Carnage good? I'll never get to know ;A; Play them well for me!

@bflynn316: Yes, this time with a massive selection of characters. I want Juggs, Magneto and Carnage dammit!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bflynn316

@bflynn316: Yes, this time with a massive selection of characters. I want Juggs, Magneto and Carnage dammit!

I have such a long list lol. I love the games but with modern tech they could make one with a crazy amount of characters. Think of Lego Marvel.

Fallen548

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: I haven't played Lego Marvel ^^; I'd love a UA with just about every character, even ones that hadn't appeared in the previous like Thanos, The Serpent, ect. Hell, just have about every God Class super villain try to destroy the world. That'd force both heros and villains to work together, and therefore make them playable. Or if they want to keep going after the Civil War, make the next one World War Hulk!

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasumi_geist: That's a no on the sequel, apparently they never got around to making a special edition for it with its dlc.

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Activision really dropped the ball on that whole mess.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

#14  Edited By cloudguy

I wish I managed to get my "virtual" hands on the DLC. I love the game and I still play it to this day.

Fallen548

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasumi_geist:

Ineed they did. Maybe if enough people give them hassle over it they'll make a special edition for it?

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen548: Gawd no. Unfortunately, they don't have the market to justify something like that. It would be nice, but will never, ever, ever, never, ever happen. :/

Maybe PS4/XBONE remastered collection of both games? Incredibly slim chance, but that's the best one.

Oh...wait. Activision doesn't have the Marvel game's rights anymore I don't think. It's why all the Marvel games have been removed from digital marketplaces.

Fallen548

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasumi_geist:

Well fans can hope at least right?

So that's how Activision lost the rights to the game, because Marvel took them?

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm just glad I got the MvC3 DLC before it went down.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: I haven't played Lego Marvel ^^; I'd love a UA with just about every character, even ones that hadn't appeared in the previous like Thanos, The Serpent, ect. Hell, just have about every God Class super villain try to destroy the world. That'd force both heros and villains to work together, and therefore make them playable. Or if they want to keep going after the Civil War, make the next one World War Hulk!

Lego Marvel's not bad for a kids game. But it would be cool I thought if they did a Thanos arc and brought Galactus back cuz of the end clip from the first one. Thanos could get the Gauntlet and then maybe team up with like Dormanu to cover the mystic stuff and Galactus for the reason I just said and then heroes and villains team up to fight them.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chaos911

I know this is an old thread and probably unnecessary to bump, but I feel ya. I was playing the first one today cause I was bored and thought about this today. So I found this thread by searching online about it. I also found out from January 2012-14 they had it on sale again! I probably didn't even touch the game those 2 years

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair Marvel Ult Alliance 2 wasnt as good as the first.

In fact, it sucked.