#1 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi Everyone.

Um... what's this?

Scarlotte.

#2 Posted by Veshark (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

:O

Wow. That's mighty suggestive.

#3 Posted by longbowhunter (5871 posts) - - Show Bio

After so much backlash from fans over the New 52, I can't see Marvel pulling a stunt like this. Not after Marvel Now being widely praised. This is probably just a middle finger to DC.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@longbowhunter said:
  This is probably just a middle finger to DC.  
This.
#5 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is often making jokes about DC. This ir probably one of them.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

Always COUNT on Marvel.

#7 Posted by impossibilly (879 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this mean Scott Lobdell is taking over all of Marvel's books too?

#8 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

@JimTheSurfer said:

I didn't know they made jokes. Maybe you're right then.

I thought they might be starting a weekly series or something.

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

They are starting something that they didn't fully explain yet. Unless this is another subliminal jab.

#10 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

They are starting something that they didn't fully explain yet. Unless this is another subliminal jab.

Hmm, maybe the two could be related.

I counted 49 names on the first poster, so I'm not sure.

Edited: 50 names.

#11 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

lol that's funny

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

I counted 51 

1.cable 2.sif 3.Hulk 4.Namor 5.hazmat 6.rocket racoon 7.dr,strange 8.Storm 9.Kitty Pryde 10.falcon 11.Spider-Man 12.Valkyrie 13.Cyclops 14.Morbius 15.Ant-Man 16.Alpha 17.Punisher 18.Rogue 19.Venom 20.Panther 21.Human Torch 22.Hope 23.Thor 24.Iceman 25.Black widow 26.Havok 27.Colossus 28.Scarlet Spider 29.Deadpool 30.Spider-Woman 31.Captain Marvel 32.Beast 33.Winter Soldier 34.Invisible Woman 35.Iron Fist 36.Iron Man 37.Darerdevil 38.Gambit 39.Psylocke 40.Kid Omega 41.Hawkeye 42.Thing 43.Silver Surfer 44.Doop 45.Psylocke 46.Mr.Fantastic 47.Nova 48.Captain America 49.Luke Cage 50.Wolverine 51.Legion

#13 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

I counted 51

1.cable 2.sif 3.Hulk 4.Namor 5.hazmat 6.rocket racoon 7.dr,strange 8.Storm 9.Kitty Pryde 10.falcon 11.Spider-Man 12.Valkyrie 13.Cyclops 14.Morbius 15.Ant-Man 16.Alpha 17.Punisher 18.Rogue 19.Venom 20.Panther 21.Human Torch 22.Hope 23.Thor 24.Iceman 25.Black widow 26.Havok 27.Colossus 28.Scarlet Spider 29.Deadpool 30.Spider-Woman 31.Captain Marvel 32.Beast 33.Winter Soldier 34.Invisible Woman 35.Iron Fist 36.Iron Man 37.Darerdevil 38.Gambit 39.Psylocke 40.Kid Omega 41.Hawkeye 42.Thing 43.Silver Surfer 44.Doop 45.Psylocke 46.Mr.Fantastic 47.Nova 48.Captain America 49.Luke Cage 50.Wolverine 51.Legion

You counted Psylocke twice. :P

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

LOL.
#15 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe 52 one shots retelling the origins of the most famous heroes of marvel?

#16 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

Like a total copy of DCs #0 month?

That'd be bold.

#17 Posted by JediXMan (28063 posts) - - Show Bio

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

#18 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I would actually quite like this to be a reboot but its highly unlikely, especially since we've had Marvel NOW! recently.

#19 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Jorgevy said:

That'd be bold.

not a total copy, since it would be retelling reprinting, not really rebooting, but yeah, that's kinda what I was saying

#20 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Jorgevy said:

That'd be bold.

not a total copy, since it would be retelling reprinting, not really rebooting, but yeah, that's kinda what I was saying

#0 Month wasn't a reboot though.

#21 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Jorgevy said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Jorgevy said:

That'd be bold.

the new 52 was a reboot, so yeah it was a reboot

#22 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: but the zero issues happened long after the launch...

#23 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Jorgevy said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Jorgevy said:

That'd be bold.

the new 52 was a reboot, so yeah it was a reboot

#0 Month came after the New 52 started. It was an origins one shot for each title. In between issue 12 and 13 for most of them.

#24 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: @V_Scarlotte_Rose: I KNOW. you guys are just giving me reason. they were rebooted origins, because they were origins one shots for the new universe. until then you only knew somewhat what had happened to the heroes. Obviously they came out after N52, but they happen chronologically before because they are the new origins for the characters in the new REBOOTED universe

#25 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: That's fair. I guess my question is, how do you rewrite origins of characters without rebooting? Yeah, he's the same character, but his whole past just became completely different. That doesn't make much sense to me.

#26 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@akbogert: @V_Scarlotte_Rose: I KNOW. you guys are just giving me reason. they were rebooted origins, because they were origins one shots for the new universe. until then you only knew somewhat what had happened to the heroes. Obviously they came out after N52, but they happen chronologically before because they are the new origins for the characters in the new REBOOTED universe

Oh. I thought you meant that you thought #0 month was the start of The New 52.

#27 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: no, I followed New 52 from the beggining , I knew :D ahah

@akbogert said:

@Jorgevy: That's fair. I guess my question is, how do you rewrite origins of characters without rebooting? Yeah, he's the same character, but his whole past just became completely different. That doesn't make much sense to me.

well, they just retcon somethings, like instead of spider-man being bitten in the shoulder he is bitten in the hand, or he is bitten 5 years later than the original year he was supposed to. just small details, to kinda fit into the universe now. also, they can tell the whole origin to new readers and they can change some dialogue or scenes. they can do it differently, but they will change some things, just not the whole thing

#28 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: no, I followed New 52 from the beggining , I knew :D ahah

O.K. :)

#29 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Sounds incredibly dangerous...but then, that's assuming they care how fans feel about things they do. Otherwise no danger, if you don't expect people to care enough to stop buying.

#30 Posted by danhimself (21916 posts) - - Show Bio

52 Wolverine books

#31 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Quesada is retiring in 52 days.

#32 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

@gravitypress said:

Maybe Quesada is retiring in 52 days.

If they post a picture of 51 cuts tomorrow, maybe it could be.

#33 Posted by TDK_1997 (13739 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell Marvel?

#34 Posted by daredevil21134 (9201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Always COUNT on Marvel.

YOUR UNIVERSE!

#35 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel did #-1 issues in the 90's so chucking in origin stories isn't exclusively DC's territory. If that's what this is. Remember the Spider-Woman rebooted origin? It was pretty good though I think they should stick with continuity even if some of the original ideas are silly now. I prefer a retcon to a reboot.

#36 Posted by Havenless (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

On their twitter they said 'You can always COUNT on Marvel' and 'A CUT above the rest'

#37 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio
": Sounds incredibly dangerous...but then, that's assuming they care how fans feel about things they do. Otherwise no danger, if you don't expect people to care enough to stop buying."

Akbogert-- Marvel already did this with Iron Man. Pretty 'seemlessly.' The Extremis Arc retold his origin, changing it from Korea to the Middle East.
#38 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: that's why it's pretty bold, but if it works well, it can pay off big time

#39 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph: Like I said, dangerous. Doing it with so many characters almost guarantees that they do it badly, I'd think.

@Jorgevy: Perhaps. Again, doing a couple rewrites is one thing, but to do so many, and of so many major characters, strikes me as more likely to piss people off than anything else, especially given all the people who have heretofore supported Marvel for not rebooting.

Of course, again, I may not be reading Marvel for long anyway, so I guess I don't really care.

#40 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@DarkxSeraph: Like I said, dangerous. Doing it with so many characters almost guarantees that they do it badly, I'd think.

@Jorgevy: Perhaps. Again, doing a couple rewrites is one thing, but to do so many, and of so many major characters, strikes me as more likely to piss people off than anything else, especially given all the people who have heretofore supported Marvel for not rebooting.

Of course, again, I may not be reading Marvel for long anyway, so I guess I don't really care.

How come?

#41 Posted by impossibilly (879 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're just taking the piss out of DC.

#42 Posted by New_World_Order (11247 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@longbowhunter said:
This.
#43 Posted by TheCannon (16115 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what this is. I really don't. I find it a bit odd that they would make an entire thing like this just for a jab at DC, so I don't know what to think.

#44 Posted by The Stegman (20867 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@Vance Astro said:

@longbowhunter said:
This.
To me it's like Marvel and DC are brothers, DC is the older, well adjusted brother that went to law school and became a successful and put together individual, and Marvel's like the rebellious younger brother that did things his own way and constantly makes fun of and takes jabs at his ''square'' older brother who usually just ignores him. 
#45 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
To me it's like Marvel and DC are brothers, DC is the older, well adjusted brother that went to law school and became a successful and put together individual, and Marvel's like the rebellious younger brother that did things his own way and constantly makes fun of and takes jabs at his ''square'' older brother who usually just ignores him. 
That's a solid analogy.
#46 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14297 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Vance Astro said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

I counted 51

You guys have way too much free time on your hands. Seriously.

#47 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceAragorn1 said:

Right because the half a minute it took to count the names in a promo is SOOO much time.
#48 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (14297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

Right because the half a minute it took to count the names in a promo is SOOO much time.

Yeah.. no one goes around counting names on a random poster,unless they have some extra time, or are really bored. and after that he goes through your list and corrects you? :o

Tiresome.

Edit: That was my first mod Pm. Cool. :)

#49 Edited by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceAragorn1 said:

Yeah.. no one goes around counting names on a random poster,unless they have some extra time, or are really bored. and after that he goes through your list and corrects you? :o

No one comes on a forum at all unless they have extra time. Unless you are staff and have to be here. Otherwise we're all here for the same reason. To discuss comics. It takes no time at all to count to 50.
#50 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

No one comes on a forum at all unless they have extra time. Unless you are staff and have to be here. Otherwise we're all here for the same reason. To discuss comics. It takes no time at all to count to 50.

Discussing on forums is fun. We take some time off our routine for that. Counting names on a jumbled up pic and posting all of them? *Yawn* I'd rather sleep :D