#1 Posted by Thanatic (258 posts) - - Show Bio

joss whedon new show takes place in the marvel cinematic universe

Agent Coulson (clark gregg) will be the main character of the show.... but he died in the avengers

so my theories; i have 3

1. this takes place before the first "Iron Man" which is the first movie chronologically in the MCU... so before tony becomes iron man, and the events of that movie; like maybe 3 years before "Iron Man"...... or something like that..( it be cool hearing references throughout the show like Tony Stark just grabbed a giant military contract etc.....)

2. Coulson faked his death (with the help of Fury)..... to get the avengers assembled (this taking place post avengers)

3. Life Model Decoy of Coulson (the real coulson is still dead) again taking place post-avengers

#2 Posted by The_jackolantern (438 posts) - - Show Bio

I like theory 2 or 3 cause them it well tie in if its before then its just back story on random people and shield

#3 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

he comes back to life

#4 Posted by Thanatic (258 posts) - - Show Bio

one more thing to remember.......

one of the characters is an expert in life sciences, Agent Gemma Simmons is said to be an expert in human and alien biology

if you remember s.h.i.e.l.d had no knowledge of aliens until after the events of "Thor" mentioned by Fury in the avengers

#5 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Theory 2,he faked his death/survived the impalement.

Because in the iron man movie 3 epilogue comic,we can see agent coulsen.

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope this isn't a prequel.

#7 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

I think Theory 2,he faked his death/survived the impalement.

Because in the iron man movie 3 epilogue comic,we can see agent coulsen.

Wait what?