Marvel's Next Event (2014)

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Linkarooney!

I know the premise is slightly cool-ish but really, Marvel? I'm not even sure Infinity is over yet and they're already planning their next event. This is nearly OTT at this stage if this is a legit "universe-changing" event of Marvel.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By JLDoom

I think it's kind of pointless to complain about Marvel events since we know they're gonna keep making them because they always make a lot of money, and nothing's gonna change that as long as people keep buying them. It's like complaining about DC's gimmick Septembers, all the previous ones were pretty successful (especially Villain's month) so it's obvious they had another one ready for next year.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Oh. This is kind of a sad one, what with him and his wife/girlfriend/partner expecting a baby and all.

That is, if he actually does die in it.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By cameron83

@maccyd said:

Linkarooney!

I know the premise is slightly cool-ish but really, Marvel? I'm not even sure Infinity is over yet and they're already planning their next event. This is nearly OTT at this stage if this is a legit "universe-changing" event of Marvel.

What do you mean "really,Marvel?....already planning their next event."

It's coming out in 2014 (next year) and it's been planned from around 2011.

You're right,the premise does sound a bit cool,but I HOPE Uatu doesn't die or anything.....at the same time,he's not really a character that has much of a great impact...

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh. This is kind of a sad one, what with him and his wife expecting a baby and all.

That is, if he actually does die in it.

Uatu has a wife and baby?

Dafuq?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Yep. I think I was mistaken about them being married, as their relationship was only referred to as dating, but it was shown in FF #13:

No Caption Provided

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Mainly the proximity to the current event and how they're marketing it during the current one. It's sorta like as during/straight after Halloween, shops begin to prepare for Christmas.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Wow. I never really knew that.

@maccyd said:

@cameron83: Mainly the proximity to the current event and how they're marketing it during the current one. It's sorta like as during/straight after Halloween, shops begin to prepare for Christmas.

I don't really think that they are really marketing it (as in putting teasers and such for it because we don't even know what it's called).

I mean,they had this planned way back from 2011. If they were making this during AoU and planning it from there or Infinity,I could understand,but this was planned from long ago and it's coming out (most likely) late next year anyway,probably summer.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I think Ulana is a new character, so I imagine it's mostly just FF readers that know about this. I wonder if this will come up in the upcoming event.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I think Ulana is a new character, so I imagine it's mostly just FF readers that know about this. I wonder if this will come up in the upcoming event.

It most likely will. It seems like something too big to dismiss,but you never know

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@cameron83: If they've been planning this for a while, maybe they're building up little extra bits of character here and there, just

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: If they've been planning this for a while, maybe they're building up little extra bits of character here and there, just

I hope so,I kinda want to see more of her (and Uatu)

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Is this another Bendis or Fraction event ? Cause if they are writing it, I aint buying it .

Bendis & Fraction : good at writing long running series, terrible at event story lines

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers