#1 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has currently shown that they have 3 characters that are there big powerhouse guns. ( Avengers #9). They are Hulk, Hyperion, and Thor. This is not you're opinion. This is who do you think Marvel writers currently hold as there strongest of the 3 named above.

#3 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#4 Posted by SC (13403 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Marvel is a company not a person. Maybe when Marvel was 3 writers and 2 artists it might have been able to give an opinion but... heh heh - the only writer of all those three characters at the moment is Jonathan Hickman and he believes the Hulk is the strongest. He asserts Hyperion will kick a lot of butt though and that he enjoys writing Thor the most out of the Avengers tied with Iron Man and another character I forgot.

#5 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

Well Marvel is a company not a person. Maybe when Marvel was 3 writers and 2 artists it might have been able to give an opinion but... heh heh - the only writer of all those three characters at the moment is Jonathan Hickman and he believes the Hulk is the strongest. He asserts Hyperion will kick a lot of butt though and that he enjoys writing Thor the most out of the Avengers tied with Iron Man and another character I forgot.

Lol, yeah. I edited it now. Did he actually say that? To be honest I thought it would be Hyperion or Thor.

#6 Posted by SC (13403 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: you have one heck of a memory,lol ! I posted something about that and a link to article a while back.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Thor was the most powerful Avenger.

#9 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Shame Captain Universe isnt on the list.

It should be between Captain Universe and Starbrand to be honest, but Starbrand doesnt actually look Avenger material atm.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@vance_astro: Wouldn't it be like Starbrand now?

I'm not sure Starbrand how outdone Thor feat wise or has anything in his powerset that would suggest superiority to Thor. I might be wrong though.

#12 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

It's obviously Captain Universe.

#13 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

Pulsar. Very versatile and can use her powers in deadly ways if provoked.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

@chronus said:

What has the NEW Captain Universe done so far?

#15 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@vance_astro: Wouldn't it be like Starbrand now?

I'm not sure Starbrand how outdone Thor feat wise or has anything in his powerset that would suggest superiority to Thor. I might be wrong though.

I just thought Starbrand is like Uber powerful ,Captain Universe is up there two, I'd go with my favorite MU character Thor over her though.

#16 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

@chronus said:

It talked.

#17 Posted by Imaginathor (11 posts) - - Show Bio

MY opion is that it is tied between Thor and Hulk

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

@chronus said:

@vance_astro said:

@chronus said:

It talked.

LOL.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

I just thought Starbrand is like Uber powerful ,Captain Universe is up there two, I'd go with my favorite MU character Thor over her though.

Well they are supposed to be pretty powerful as well as characters like Pulsar. I wonder how they would compare to Thor though. I haven't seen much from either of them. I know different versions of Captain Universe have some pretty amazing feats but it's hard to assume that everyone who uses the title is as powerful as the others because the feats are so different between them and I haven't seen Starbrand do much as an Avenger. I read his old limited series, there wasn't much there either. I do wonder where he matches up with the other Avengers though. It seems writers are starting to give more members of the team a chance to shine and not just be window dressing.

#20 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

Well they are supposed to be pretty powerful as well as characters like Pulsar. I wonder how they would compare to Thor though. I haven't seen much from either of them. I know different versions of Captain Universe have some pretty amazing feats but it's hard to assume that everyone who uses the title is as powerful as the others because the feats are so different between them and I haven't seen Starbrand do much as an Avenger. I read his old limited series, there wasn't much there either. I do wonder where he matches up with the other Avengers though. It seems writers are starting to give more members of the team a chance to shine and not just be window dressing.

I don't know relatively anything about Starbrand, aside of a few articles in various places. I also wonder how Starbrand and Captain Universe would compare to Thor. I miss the old days where Thor would be off in the Nine Realms and show up when the Avengers need him.Totally agree with you as far as the writer giving everyone a chance to be on center stage.

#21 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by The Stegman (26078 posts) - - Show Bio

I refuse to acknowledge Captain Universe's existence, having someone that powerful on an Earth based hero team is ridiculous (looks at Doctor Manhattan) so I say Thor.

#23 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what I thought too. Hickman doesn't agree though.

Shame Captain Universe isnt on the list.

It should be between Captain Universe and Starbrand to be honest, but Starbrand doesnt actually look Avenger material atm.

Well yeah he could be consider, but in the Avengers series, it's always been about Hulk, Thor, and Hyperion being the big guns. In Avengers #9, they were the ones who took down Starbrand.

Pulsar. Very versatile and can use her powers in deadly ways if provoked.

Doubtful.

@chronus said:

As of now, she has no feats to suggest that.

MY opion is that it is tied between Thor and Hulk

Nothing can truly be a tie.

#24 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Well yeah he could be consider, but in the Avengers series, it's always been about Hulk, Thor, and Hyperion being the big guns. In Avengers #9, they were the ones who took down Starbrand.

they did take Starbrand down, Avengers didnt manage to beat him in either of the fight, he just felt bad and decided to leave.

Then we have captain universe, whose talking as if she's the sentience of the whole universe, which is weird coz that should be Eternity. The builders called her "mother" which was weird.

Based on feats, Hyperion's feat is ridiculous and awesome at the same time, what can you say..

#25 Edited by fenixREVOLUTION (888 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta be Hulk, it's always Hulk.

#26 Edited by SC (13403 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: Only one writer as far as Hickman's comments. From what I know Slott, PAD and KG disagree. Someone like Pak would be closer to Hickman's view. Thats just strength Hickman was speaking about as well mind you.

#27 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

they did take Starbrand down, Avengers didnt manage to beat him in either of the fight, he just felt bad and decided to leave.

Then we have captain universe, whose talking as if she's the sentience of the whole universe, which is weird coz that should be Eternity. The builders called her "mother" which was weird.

Based on feats, Hyperion's feat is ridiculous and awesome at the same time, what can you say..

That's true.

Gotta be Hulk, it's always Hulk.

Thing about Hulk is. He has one offensive power basically. A power the other 3 have, but they have more on top of it. There a lot more versatile, although Hulk may be a little more stronger physically, their versatility should make up for it.

#28 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

@thundergodswrath: Only one writer as far as Hickman's comments. From what I know Slott, PAD and KG disagree. Someone like Pak would be closer to Hickman's view. Thats just strength Hickman was speaking about as well mind you.

Who do they think is the strongest? Oh, well why would someone ask such a question like that? It's obvious Hulk is the physically strongest hero in marvel comics.

#29 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

That depends, would you be willing to look into potential of Starbrand, because it was potrayed as near equal to Living Tribunal in terms of power, although starbrand always had a hax code to prevent the use of power, its power level depends on user's imagination.

Feat specific to Kevin the current Starbrand, he fought Avengers together, Thor included, alongside Hulk, Hyperion, Iron Man, and still had to be guilt tripped by the Avengers to stop, he did not have a single scratch on him at the end of the fight, and even then it was said he was holding back (Avengers 09)

Insufficient feats, but i would say the potrayal seem to be Strabrand being more powerful than Thor, in fact the reason he was asked to leave earth was because he was too powerful and it scares the avengers.

Here are the scans from Avengers 09 if you are interested

#30 Posted by SC (13403 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: I honestly don't know who they (Slott and PAD) think is strongest, I do know that Slott is an old school Avengers fan and spoke favorably of Thor and PAD to a lesser extent. For all I know they could think Gladiator is strongest. I do Kevin Grevioux believes Thor is the strongest. Pak probably definitely considers Hulk to be strongest. Possibly Fred Van Lente too. Probably Kyle Yost as well.

#31 Edited by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

@vance_astro said:

What does Hickman think?

#32 Edited by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@vance_astro said:

That depends, would you be willing to look into potential of Starbrand, because it was potrayed as near equal to Living Tribunal in terms of power, although starbrand always had a hax code to prevent the use of power, its power level depends on user's imagination.

Feat specific to Kevin the current Starbrand, he fought Avengers together, Thor included, alongside Hulk, Hyperion, Iron Man, and still had to be guilt tripped by the Avengers to stop, he did not have a single scratch on him at the end of the fight, and even then it was said he was holding back (Avengers 09)

Insufficient feats, but i would say the potrayal seem to be Strabrand being more powerful than Thor, in fact the reason he was asked to leave earth was because he was too powerful and it scares the avengers.

Here are the scans from Avengers 09 if you are interested

Wouldn't his power scare the Avengers more so because they think it's too much powerful for him specifically to wield? The current Star Brand is much younger than the original, yes?

#33 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

@thundergodswrath: I honestly don't know who they (Slott and PAD) think is strongest, I do know that Slott is an old school Avengers fan and spoke favorably of Thor and PAD to a lesser extent. For all I know they could think Gladiator is strongest. I do Kevin Grevioux believes Thor is the strongest. Pak probably definitely considers Hulk to be strongest. Possibly Fred Van Lente too. Probably Kyle Yost as well.

I see, thanks for you're info :)

@thundergodswrath said:

@vance_astro said:

What does Hickman think?

My bad, I was misinformed. Hickman said Hulk is the physically strongest of the 3, but that's quite obvious. Although nothing was said of who the most powerful was.

#34 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't his power scare the Avengers more so because they think it's too much powerful for him specifically to wield? The current Star Brand is much younger than the original, yes?

Well it must have been to some extent because it was a young guy who has been bullied all his life, but to some extent it was because of the power. It was said to have the power to un-make an entire world.

And yes current Starbrand is a high school kid.

#35 Posted by Doomnaut (1994 posts) - - Show Bio

Physically Hulk should be the strongest but Hyperion and Thor are more powerful.

#36 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut said:

Physically Hulk should be the strongest but Hyperion and Thor are more powerful.

Agreed.

#37 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1405 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Hyperion or Thor whichever