inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

The future begins here! When everything ends, there is only Secret Wars. Today, Marvel is proud to announce WARZONES!, the final umbrella of titles launching during Secret Wars! WARZONES! joins LAST DAYS and BATTLEWORLD as the three different categories of titles launching throughout Secret Wars, each with their own unique type of story to tell!

“If you want a glimpse of what the future holds, you’ll find it in the WARZONES titles,” says Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. “Our creators let their imaginations run wild as they lay down the foundations for the future. Whether we’re revisiting the most popular events from Marvel’s past or telling completely new stories, you won’t believe what we’ve got in store for you.”

All that remains in the cosmos is Battleworld, the strange, patchwork realm playing host to countless realities, all existing side-by-side, fused into a single planet! Titles carrying the WARZONES!banner tell stories of the individual dominions of Battleworld. What happens within their borders? What heroes guard their skies? What villains conspire within? How does over 75 years of Marvel’s epic history play out now that Battleworld is all there is?

“To be clear, WARZONES! titlesareNOT fill-ins. These are the event caliber books, magnified to the Nth degree,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “Secret Wars has afforded us a completely unique opportunity to tell huge, epic, event-sized stories within the framework of this new, patchwork planet – events within events. These titles will lay the building blocks and groundwork for what’s next, if that gives any indication of how important they are!”

While the Secret Wars rage on, the foundation of a new Marvel Universe take shape within the war-torn domains across Battleworld. The future of Marvel begins in the WARZONES!

Check out the Battleworld banner here and the Last Days banner here.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Great so they have revealed what we do know...

NOTHING!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@awesomeperson: This thing wont be starting for 5 months, why would they tell you anything now?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel is being so vague with this event.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

The more I hear about this, the more I get reminded of COIE.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: They should at least reveal something... I mean we knew what Axis was going to be same with AVX within 6-7 months

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: We know what it is. Convergence happens, all that remains of the multiverse gets melded into one earth, then at the end will form a new universe.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@awesomeperson: We know what it is. Convergence happens, all that remains of the multiverse gets melded into one earth, then at the end will form a new universe.

Crisis on Infinite Earths stuff.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel, keeping things close to the vest right now, Warzones and Battleworld will probably show difference zones fighting off the main series.

Come on AOA v.Future Imperfect!

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!! So looking forward to Secret Wars even more now.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know people seem to be complaining about different 'verses heroes killing each other and all that, but I could easily see the villains of the different worlds taking advantage of all the chaos and starting some stuff.

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically this is their way to have an entire line of event level books on top of an even bigger event level book. Sales wise its genius (you know you complainers, well good margin of you buy this shit) but story wise having all of these books interact is gonna be a bloody mess.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Will Punisher appear in Secret Wars: Warzones? =P

Nargaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: One of my first thoughts, too. Would be awesome, seeing Frank on rampage. But to be honest, i guess he will die before. Just like so many others....

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#16  Edited By Teerack

I'm going to laugh when this ends with Franklin Richards doing heroes reborn again. Except this time they up the ante with Marvel Reborn.

cwpolzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 7

#17 cwpolzel  Moderator

This reveals a title of a title group...big reveal.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Not fill ins"? Sorry, I don't believe that for a moment.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping they release an instruction guide with how these "non-fill in" titles and how they interact...

Actually my event fatigue has maxed out, I'm already over this...

/sigh /sadface

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

RageEx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RageEx2

@knightsofdarkness2: good. people always complain about spoilers being shown too far in advance, I'm happy about the fact that I can actually be really surprised by this. also why I like the fact that Avengers and New Avengers have no previews

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 owie  Moderator

Not sure how this is different from the Battleworld-titled books.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Transformers1024

They're going to milk this for more than it's worth.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@jonny_anonymous: Calm down dude. Modern day comic readers are used to having the stories spoiled by their companies well before the books come out. Us modern fans are just not use to a little suspense.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BigMan1227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ekrolo: i totally get what you mean dude. But Marvel has planned this out well ahead of this. The groundwork for this event was begun way back in 2009. That's SIX YEARS AGO. Marvel knows its going to be crazy. But they are prepared. I cannot wait for this, i might end up getting the entire thing, main series, tie ins, minis and all. I'll be broke, lol

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People complain marvel spoils all their events/stories. When they don't people cry and panic they don't know what's going on. /guffaw

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigman1227: What ground work are you talking about that goes back to 2009? Age of Ultron was 2013 which was pretty much the start of this all.

OUTBREAK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: Lmfao that's what I said to myself after I read the article.

Jean_Dezem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just so long as they don't screw up my X-Men, 's all good.

Avatar image for deactivated-63417c6af01d0
deactivated-63417c6af01d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jean_dezem: I worry that they may shuffle mutants/FF off to their own little corner of existence for good with this event. And that the new Marvel universe will be really similar to the MCU.

GolDEnsPectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackcobalt: I totally agree! But my concern is if they decide to do that, will X-Men,FF, and Peter Parker 's Spiderman still have comics produced?

Avatar image for chrismarvelsnumber1
chrismarvelsnumber1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe they should throw in deadpool and toxin :)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think I am going to avoid "reveals" when it comes to this non reboot reboot from here on out.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Apparently, Wolverine comes back from the dead for this event (ala Beyonder's miraculous, limitless powers) ... The event then proceeds to focus on Mr. Howlett as the main protagonist. Logan / James saves the day, and the new Marvel earth is created using him as the benchmark against whom all other heroes are measured (and found wanting of course).

Oh, and, Logan kicks the living tar out of Spider-Man in the arc ... meaning Peter, Ben, Miles (cuz we know he's coming to 616 Marvel earth), Kaine and SpOck (and all others that have been popping out of the woodwork) ... all at once (I mean, who can keep track?) ... then lights a stogie (which Marvel has banned him from doing for years now in the name of political correctness) and walks off to a bright future with Jean in one arm and Storm in the other with Kittie and Jubilee trailing obediently behind like the good little groupies they are (Yuriko watching jealously from the rooftops).

/end event.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@jonny_anonymous: I was joking with you. I know you were calm. I was just making a joke about how it seems like nothing in modern day comics can really be a surprise with all these press releases Marvel and DC do.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It will be interesting to see how the new MU will look after this. Hopefully we'll get to see the UltraVerse again.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By magnablue

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently, Wolverine comes back from the dead for this event (ala Beyonder's miraculous, limitless powers) ... The event then proceeds to focus on Mr. Howlett as the main protagonist. Logan / James saves the day, and the new Marvel earth is created using him as the benchmark against whom all other heroes are measured (and found wanting of course).

Oh, and, Logan kicks the living tar out of Spider-Man in the arc ... meaning Peter, Ben, Miles (cuz we know he's coming to 616 Marvel earth), Kaine and SpOck (and all others that have been popping out of the woodwork) ... all at once (I mean, who can keep track?) ... then lights a stogie (which Marvel has banned him from doing for years now in the name of political correctness) and walks off to a bright future with Jean in one arm and Storm in the other with Kittie and Jubilee trailing obediently behind like the good little groupies they are (Yuriko watching jealously from the rooftops).

/end event.

Sounds lame. Also you forgot Spider-Gwen who is going to be apart of this event :p

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@super_soldierxii said:

/end event.

Sounds lame. Also you forgot Spider-Gwen who is going to be apart of this event :p

Biased opinion. You wouldn't know a good read if it jumped out and bit you in the arse. Unless it was dressed in web shooters coupled with red & blue spandex. Then it's the holy grail, despite being a shallow read.

So there.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Secret Wars and Convergence tie into each other. All the multiverses of Marvel and DC collapse into one another, into one Amalgam Universe. We have the Avengers and the Justice League side by side, all for one year in continuity. Then a year later Marvel/DC have Divergence where the multiverses must be restored or all life everywhere will end, restoring the Marvel and DC status quo.

There, I did their work for them.