#1 Posted by SOG7dc (7156 posts) - - Show Bio

if you were in charge at marvel and you were rebooting all of the comics starting next month. what would you do with the marvel U?

#2 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17408 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter. Parker.

#3 Edited by Havenless (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

I would never do that to a longstanding comic universe. It alienates fans and destroys continuity. Don't even mention it, nobody wants that.

Worst case scenario you write some patches that fix things up, fans groan a little, and then you move on with the universe you've spent decades establishing. Why throw it all away because of a few bad events?

#4 Posted by SOG7dc (7156 posts) - - Show Bio

I would never do that to a longstanding comic universe. It alienates fans and destroys continuity. Don't even mention it, nobody wants that.

Worst case scenario you write some patches that fix things up, and move on with the universe you've spent decades establishing. Why throw it all away because of a few bad events?

all good things...

#5 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give the characters permanent and iconic costumes that wouldn't get small changes over time.

#6 Posted by The Stegman (24324 posts) - - Show Bio

Reboot everything

#7 Posted by SOG7dc (7156 posts) - - Show Bio

id have Thor doing alot more off-planet. id give other asgardians some notable ink as wel. asgardian god of war? asgardian god of beauty? asgardian god of water? idk but the only asgardians i know about are thor odin sif the fat guy and loki

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a terrible idea for about a thousand different reasons.

#9 Edited by DareHulk (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Peter Parker.

Keep the Avengers team under 8 characters.

Keep Spider-Man, Daredevil, Hulk and Wolverine out of Avengers because all of them seem out of place in The Avengers.

Kill off Deadpool, Squirrel Girl and MODOK PERMANENTLY!

#10 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21841 posts) - - Show Bio

merge it with DC

#11 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

make cyclops and wolverine get along like the good old days

#12 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Clean up some of the X-Men's stories and characters.

#13 Posted by TheCannon (18660 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

#14 Edited by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

I love a Marvel Reboot.

#15 Posted by sagejonathan (1953 posts) - - Show Bio
@sog7dc said:

id have Thor doing alot more off-planet. id give other asgardians some notable ink as wel. asgardian god of war? asgardian god of beauty? asgardian god of water? idk but the only asgardians i know about are thor odin sif the fat guy and loki

I started reading comics with Thor about 2 years ago at the beginning of Fraction's run. Thor is never on earth. he never even had a full story arc on earth as long as I've been reading. As for more Asgardians, I could see that if they relaunched Journey int Mystery, but introducing many of them in Thor's ongoing would just add more characters that few people actually want.

#16 Posted by SOG7dc (7156 posts) - - Show Bio

lol list them all

#17 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5864 posts) - - Show Bio

make cyclops and wolverine get along like the good old days

This.

@kgb725 said:

This.

#18 Posted by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to reboot, I would completely start the X-Men stories all over again. Bring back old Cyclops. And especially, bring back Peter Parker.

My flagship characters would become: Wolverine, Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Black Bolt.

#19 Edited by Tyrus (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

All right seriously, enough with these "if you could change something about Marvel" threads...

#20 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

plzno

#21 Edited by MaccyD (4053 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd retcon Peter Parker so he never existed and would have that Otto Octavius was always spiderman.

#22 Posted by Squares (6456 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I like the fact that Marvel has never (to my knowledge) done a complete reboot. I wouldn't reboot it at all.

#23 Edited by JetiiMitra (8611 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd mostly be in how things were handled.

Different characters keep to different verses. Team books like the Avengers are in their own universe. Team-ups also take place in that universe. Basically, there's one universe as it is now, but one where there are only the title character/team's villains to deal with. Solo books are more self-contained and there's no more room for "Where were the X-men when Kang attacked" and stuff. I'm not sure how guest appearances would work.

Tight hold on continuity. No contradictions, and explicit soft retcons if necessary.

Less jobbing.

More spread out locations. Currently, every other New Yorker is in a cape or spandex. Let's give the rest of the country/world some love, right?

That's it for now. It's by no means perfect, but much better IMO than what Marvel is right now.

#24 Posted by Wolverine08 (42132 posts) - - Show Bio

A reboot just wouldn't work for Marvel.

#25 Posted by muhabba (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Ban retcons. They've never worked for DC, there's always glaring holes.

#26 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@innervenom123 said:

lol list them all

#1-999: Marvel doesn't need one.

#1000:

@wolverine08 said:

A reboot just wouldn't work for Marvel.

Marvel has better continuity because of soft reboots.

A hard reboot is not only unnecessary, it's just plain stupid.

#27 Posted by Wolverine08 (42132 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

Damn straight. Marvel should just stick with how they are rolling right now.

#28 Posted by SoA (4828 posts) - - Show Bio

let the ultimate universe flourish , closest marvel has to a reboot and it looks like its getting the axe...again!!

#29 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

This is a great idea!

#30 Posted by Spawn92 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

i wouldnt reboot the 616 U. If anything i would reboot the Ultimate U or make another imprint thats like Elseworlds. You can do a lot of changes while still keeping continuity, publishers just need to step outside the comfort zone sometimes.

#31 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5406 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by SOG7dc (3721 posts) - 9 hours, 57 minutes ago - Show Bio

You can do that now without a reboot. Marvel doesn't need a reboot, leave that to DC.

#32 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

I'd retcon Peter Parker so he never existed and would have that Otto Octavius was always spiderman.

Oh no he didn't!