#1 Posted by X1029 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

ive heard Marvel writes better comics but i just got back into comics so i dont know

#2 Posted by TheCannon (19369 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently, I'd say DC is better.

#3 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DC has more quality books coming out than Marvel at the moment, though both companies have a fair share of both good and bad.

#4 Posted by Impala (264 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is better.

#5 Posted by X1029 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone that favors marvel over DC?

#6 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

If you search the forums you can probably find a half dozen or so similar threads. I personally (as one very new to comics) have found DC's New 52 better, but I know in other threads there have been plenty of people who feel the opposite way (particularly fans who were bothered a lot by the DC reboot that happened in 2011).

#7 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5656 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel but the New52 brought me back to DC

#8 Posted by TheCannon (19369 posts) - - Show Bio

@X1029 said:

anyone that favors marvel over DC?

I like Marvel more overall (DC is pure sh*t before the New 52), but with everything Marvel has done lately, they've just gone downhill. Thankfully NOW has been bring it back some.

#9 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: It's rich that you say that with a Stephanie Brown avatar.

#10 Posted by TheCannon (19369 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@TheCannon: It's rich that you say that with a Stephanie Brown avatar.

Okay, DC was MOSTLY pure sh*t before New 52. The Bat-family (featuring Steph), Wonder Woman, and some GL stuff (depends on the writer) was good.

#11 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: And Batman & Robin, Detective Comics, and Red Robin.

#12 Posted by TheCannon (19369 posts) - - Show Bio

I said The Bat Family (which it's really hit or miss with that) was good. So it would technically count these.

#13 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: You specified that the issues that had Steph were good.

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34908 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

I said The Bat Family (which it's really hit or miss with that) was good. So it would technically count these.

TBF Green Lantern is exactly the same post Flashpoint and Secret Six was amazing pre-flashpoint

#15 Posted by TheCannon (19369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TheCannon said:

TBF Green Lantern is exactly the same post Flashpoint and Secret Six was amazing pre-flashpoint

Haven't read Secret Six, and I said GL was good depending on the writer.

#16 Posted by acer51 (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried to get on board with DCs new 52.

I don't think I've read comics that corny since the silver age.

#17 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51:

And this was not corny at all, let's just agree that all of favorite characters have their ups and downs.

@TheCannon: @Jonny_Anonymous: Secret Six was amazing.

#18 Posted by Binski (647 posts) - - Show Bio

The first comic I ever read was the new 52 justice league and I been buying DC ever since but some Marvel NOW books have been good Thor, avengers new avengers, all new x-men to name a few id say DC has a few more better books but really its personal opinion

#19 Posted by acer51 (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51:

And this was not corny at all, let's just agree that all of favorite characters have their ups and downs.

@TheCannon: @Jonny_Anonymous: Secret Six was amazing.

I'll admit, AvX was a little forced, and somtimes annoying in its favoritism torwards the Avengers, but I have to say other then Batman I've never read a comic from D.C which I couldn't read with my eyes closed.

#20 Posted by Hoenhime (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say DC with its new 52 has been writing better stories. Marvel now has had a good start but marvel may or may not mess up their titles in the future. Right now DC has better stories.

#21 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

DC because i like the new 52 but also i like Marvel with the new series

#22 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

DC at the moment. Their entire Batman/Bat family lineup is better than Marvel right now lol. Deathstroke was awesome too, too bad they cancelled it.

#23 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people seem to say DC is writing better stories these days, yet Marvel continues to outsell them regardless.

Valiant is actually beating them both in terms of consistent quality. 'Course it only has 5 books coming out.

#24 Posted by impossibilly (893 posts) - - Show Bio

Image.

#25 Posted by Cap10nate (2720 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Marvel at the moment. Six months ago, Batman, Swamp Thing, and Animal Man were probably my favorite three ongoings. However, the Marvel Now titles have been fantastic with Thor, Hulk, Avengers, New Avengers, Hawkeye, and Daredevil. Secret Avengers first issue was really good today. I like the story telling in Captain America even though the art is hit/miss. Winter Soldier has a new direction which looks interesting after its first issue from Latour. Fantastic Four is also shaping up to be a very well written story with a heartfelt issue just released today.

#26 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (2085 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

Most people seem to say DC is writing better stories these days, yet Marvel continues to outsell them regardless. Valiant is actually beating them both in terms of consistent quality. 'Course it only has 5 books coming out.

Only since Marvel NOW. When the New 52 came out, DC had the top 10 selling books the first week, and spent the whole year having 10-12 of the top 15. It's odd, so many say they don't like re-boots and such, but our pocket books seem to indicate otherwise.

For the record, I think DC has been better for about the last 15 years, though both companies have high-end and low-end showings.

#27 Posted by judasnixon (7164 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a Marvel guy. The only thing I'm reading at DC right now is Wonder Woman, but what the hell do I know.....

#28 Posted by The Stegman (25960 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manwhohaseverything said:

@Reignmaker said:

Most people seem to say DC is writing better stories these days, yet Marvel continues to outsell them regardless. Valiant is actually beating them both in terms of consistent quality. 'Course it only has 5 books coming out.

Only since Marvel NOW. When the New 52 came out, DC had the top 10 selling books the first week, and spent the whole year having 10-12 of the top 15. It's odd, so many say they don't like re-boots and such, but our pocket books seem to indicate otherwise.

For the record, I think DC has been better for about the last 15 years, though both companies have high-end and low-end showings.

People complain about one thing, but do the other, Many complain about Marvels events, yet they are top sellers every time they come out.