#1 Posted by PaperDemon (625 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by PaperDemon (625 posts) - - Show Bio

I pick marvel.

#3 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc.

@Onemoreposter: Image is good too,I like cyberforce :D,I don't care if it's an x-men rip off.

#5 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

DC, i grew up with Batman and robin

#6 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel.

#7 Posted by PaperDemon (625 posts) - - Show Bio

If batman was in marvel i would have no need for DC. Batman is the only reason i care about DC

#8 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

3 years ago i wouldve picked marvel , but after certain events im gonna be a permenant DC fan lol

#9 Posted by Ms. Omega (4537 posts) - - Show Bio

Both depends on what mood I am in.

#11 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely DC. There are a few Marvel comics I read, but I'm a much bigger DC fan overall.

#12 Posted by quirky_anecdotes (344 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel or Vertigo.I can't stand the flash , the GL , Superman and only Nolan's batman really appealed to me. Though I love Swamp Thing , Constantine and The Endless.

#13 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

DC

Besides Spiderman, Captain America, and Iron Man, I really have found no interest in any Marvel characters. They just don't interest me. I've been a huge Batman fan all my life and have a recent interest in Superman. I just feel that DC's characters are better overall.

#14 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

DC

I only read Marvel when they have something out there that really interests me, so I usually read more Image/Vertigo/etc. than I read Marvel. Marvel NOW might change that, though.

#15 Posted by Mizz_Coconut (142 posts) - - Show Bio

VERTIGO but if i have to DC!!

Marvel is for kids, i stand by that

#16 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

DC, most of my favourite characters are DC.

Although I do buy Spider man.

#17 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely a DC guy. I'm planning on getting Cap's book once Marvel NOW starts up, though. It'll be my first Marvel book.

#18 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fairly new to Marvel still, but been reading DC for years, so I'm going with DC.

However, I enjoy Marvel comics just as much and have done a lot of catching up in the past year or so. Hoping Marvel NOW will help a bit!

#19 Posted by TairuSzoola (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has an amazing amount of characters that all are just amazing. Usually you have people only knowing like the core Justice Leauge but Marvel is everywhere and entertains a lot of people has for what I have saw. I have always loved Marvel, just for the fact of Daredevil :)

#20 Posted by Strider92 (16823 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends how I feel but right now i'm on a Scarlet Spider high so i'll vote Marvel.

#21 Posted by grenade728 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mizz_Coconut said:

VERTIGO but if i have to DC!!

Marvel is for kids, i stand by that

Yeah those kids sure do love The Punisher :P

#22 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer DC. Nothing against Marvel though because I like them too but I have always liked DC more.

#23 Posted by Cap10nate (2722 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I read the same number of each titles each month because I like individual characters of each company. However, I really like the Marvel Universe better. I don't really care what is going on in the DCU but really like Swamp Thing, Batman, Nightwing, Animal Man, and GL. I have tried to read their crossovers but could never really get into them. I love Marvel's stories and enjoy everything that happens in the Universe and the character interactions.

#24 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently, their both awful.

#25 Posted by daredevil21134 (12595 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

yup

#26 Posted by The Stegman (25961 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cap10nate:  

I think I read the same number of each titles each month because I like individual characters of each company. However, I really like the Marvel Universe better. I don't really care what is going on in the DCU but really like Swamp Thing, Batman, Nightwing, Animal Man, and GL. I have tried to read their crossovers but could never really get into them. I love Marvel's stories and enjoy everything that happens in the Universe and the character interactions.

I feel the exact same way...only in reverse, I like nearly all DC characters and storylines they have done in the past, while Marvel, a few stand out, but mostly, I don't really care about them, which shows that opinions on the two companies vary greatly.
#27 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Batman

#28 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to like Marvel more, but I like New 52 a lot more than Marvel NOW.

For now I'll say DC.

#29 Posted by Cap10nate (2722 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Cap10nate:

I feel the exact same way...only in reverse, I like nearly all DC characters and storylines they have done in the past, while Marvel, a few stand out, but mostly, I don't really care about them, which shows that opinions on the two companies vary greatly.

I'm really glad there is that disparity in opinions because it allows both companies to thrive and compete which will lead to morebetter comics for all.

I don't know why I can'tget into the DCU as much. If it isnt in Gotham or the Louisianna swamps, i have a hard time feeling invested in the story. I am liking the new52 so far so hopefully it will help me get more involved in the rest of the U.

#30 Edited by marveltotally (1 posts) - - Show Bio

i love marvel and here's why:

marvel's characters are far more realistic and scientifically possible than dc's characters. batman (and his enemies) are the only good characters from dc. marvel's avengers have diverse and varied abilities, and many of them are (mostly) human, while dc's justice league features a lot of non-earthly characters (like superman, martian manhunter, wonderwoman, supergirl, aquaman, etc.) and most of them have the same set of powers: strength, flight and invulnerability (like superman, wonderwoman, shazam, martian manhunter, etc.)

also, many of marvel's stories are cosmic or worldwide, while dc's stories are mostly limited to streets, vigilantes and thugs, and most of these criminals are criminals for no reason but money. i have a friend that is a great fan of dc, and when i argue with him, he just keeps talking about how great batman is (while i admit that BM is quite awesome). he has nothing else to talk about from dc.

i was reluctant about getting started on superman, but now i want to say just how ridiculous his powers are. he is totally invulnerable to all kinds of physical damage (?), he can fly (without having any equipment or telekinesis or any kind of ability/organ that would allow him to fly) and he can blow out STARS with his super-breath and cause TIME to go backwards by spinning around the earth so fast that the planet would also spin in reverse (?!?!?), all while his energy comes from the SUN. i mean, the sun couldn't have produced the amount of energy required to destroy multiple stars in all it's lifetime. and superman's ARCHenemy is a human. superman's hair gel is also indestructible (possibly Kryptonian). is that reasonable enough for you dc fans? now imagine what a POS martian manhunter is!

plus, the new 52 is just another stupid retcon.

#31 Edited by Manwhohaseverything (2085 posts) - - Show Bio

How many times has this topic been done? And does the same company always get more votes? I contend that the fan loyalty between the to has been basically a 50/50 split for a long time, and will be for many years to come.

#32 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22959 posts) - - Show Bio

@marveltotally: stop trolling. welcome to the vine, but its not a good start.

Definitely a DC guy. I'm planning on getting Cap's book once Marvel NOW starts up, though. It'll be my first Marvel book.

i made that horrible mistake as well

#33 Posted by Experio (17120 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

#34 Edited by ZeroPlus (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

DC, but i like Marvel too

#35 Posted by VoodooPenguin (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel.

#36 Edited by Hero4life (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Marvel is now officially owned by Disney. Which basically ruined Marvel in general. Just look how crappy Spider-Man titles most of them are crappy story lines and crappy artist. The cartoons are complete crap.

DC rebooting everything best idea they had. I personally love the way they are handling their own right now.

We can not forget Image right now. Don't be surprised when they make a huge impact in next 20 years with titles like Invincible and Spawn is still going strong.

#37 Edited by D3MON (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

I used to like Marvel more, but I like New 52 a lot more than Marvel NOW.

@ms__omega said:

Both depends on what mood I am in.

@jrock85 said:

@hero4life said:

Since Marvel is now officially owned by Disney. Which basically ruined Marvel in general. The cartoons are complete crap.

DC rebooting everything best idea they had. I personally love the way they are handling their own right now.

#38 Posted by Juke (763 posts) - - Show Bio

They both stand up well, but in my opinion I would pick DC.

#39 Posted by DwightSpitz (567 posts) - - Show Bio

DC

I'm sorry Spiderman, but Batman & Superman so yeah...

#40 Posted by KittyParker13 (2883 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel, hands down for me.