Marvel NOW! new cover layout - thoughts?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Is this new cover layout (without that god awful red bar) here to stay?

No Caption Provided

I use this cover as an example because, well, it's amazing.

I absolutely love the new design in its simplicity. No gaudy advertisements, just a title and a vast expanse of cover art. And then, as if to be so bold and confident, a little Marvel box towards the bottom.

What are your guys thoughts?

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I certainly hope it's here to stay. I agree the red bar takes away from the art work. From the december solicits, it looks like the red bar is gone!

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Blackdog2009

It's lame. Most Marvel covers are sad. Strike a pose!!!

Nothing like the great artists of yesteryear that gave the reader a real tease about what was inside!

No Caption Provided
Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#4  Edited By Extremis

@blackdog2009: You didnt read this issue did you? And actually I wonder if youve been paying attention to this partiular run at all considering you get exactly what you seem to think is absent with each cover.

This issue in particular has an appropriate cover considering its Cap's return to New York after about 12 years in another dimension, now being a man even further out of time. So it actually plays to that theme quite well as this issue addresses what it means to have a past (all the past Cap logos in the background) and moving on from that. Not to mention Cap, after losing his son and Sharon, standing there resilient as ever, ready to do his job. It captures the essence of Steve Rogers as Captain America, about always rising to the challenge (something Remender addresses specifically in this series as well as this issue). It's BA.

It's not just striking a pose. You obviously didn't read this issue.