Marvel Needs to Step Up on Video game Platforms!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By evilvegeta74

I'm a Marvel comics guy first and foremost,but I also have love for Dc. I've said a thing or two about Batman here and there, but you have to give credit where credit is due. The character has had success on Video game platform with the Arkham games etc.... Dc comics in general has put out some pretty decent game, including the incorporation of their characters to the Mortal kombat platform, which was nice to see. They have taken it a notch higher with the Injustice game coming in april, and another Batman Arkham based game coming soon. nI think it's time for marvel to step up their game, seriously, they are being left in the dust when it comes to console games. I would like to see them do a Soul Calibur/ Dead or Alive/tekken type of game based on those platforms. Perhaps a first person game like the one that they abandoned before the release of the Avengers movie. What do you guys think?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

They need to get away from the X-Men Legends / MUA formula of games. Stop with the team games and give some good solo games that don't have to do with Spider-Man.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By z3ro180

Marvel has a fighting game

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Z3RO180 said:

They have several, they just need to step up, because they are not as good as the latest DC games .

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Z3RO180 said:

They have several, they just need to step up, because they are not as good as the latest DC games .

That's debatable. A lot of people like Marvel vs Capcom.

I've played MvC and I just can't get into it. That said, Injustice: Gods Among Us looks a lot better.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#6  Edited By TheCannon

Marvel has Marvel Ultimate Alliance. They beat DC automatically.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AmazingAngel

@JediXMan: They need a great single player IP, like how DC has Arkham. DC didn't have a great fighting game now they're getting Injustice it seems that marvel dominating the cinema means they start lacking elsewhere I guess.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@TheCannon said:

Arkham Asylum / Arkham City.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By evilvegeta74

@JediXMan said:

@Z3RO180 said:

That's debatable. A lot of people like Marvel vs Capcom.

I've played MvC and I just can't get into it. That said, Injustice: Gods Among Us looks a lot better.

Yeah I have both versions of Marvel vs Capcom and I really am not pleased with them.@TheCannon said:

I have both of those games, they were actually cool, but are a bit outdated now.

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xorion

I'm still waiting for a good x-men rpg

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Xorion said:

I'm still waiting for a good x-men rpg

I'd buy it if I knew it was good. I think that a highly under rated game by marvel is the Captain America game, it needed more elements and should have been longer.I also hated the Thor game as well ,but at least they had the common sense to realize part of his offense and defense, consistedl of him throwing his hammer. In MvC they didn't allow Thor to throw mjolnir, what sense did that make. Would Dc give batman a Bat a Rang and not allow him to throw it?

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Xorion

@evilvegeta74: yeah I heard that cap game was good. Never played myself tough mostly because I don't like him much. About good marvel games I would say x-men legends was and is the best game they made.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Xorion said:

@evilvegeta74: yeah I heard that cap game was good. Never played myself tough mostly because I don't like him much. About good marvel games I would say x-men legends was and is the best game they made.

The Cap game played really well, it was just very short! I've never played any of the Xmen games, but I enjoyed playing with them on the first Ultimate alliance game.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Z3RO180 said:

That's debatable. Yes, I'd argue that Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are the two greatest comic-based video games so far, but other then those two I don't think DC has anything interesting video game wise. Oh, and the Lego games, I like those too, but Marvel will be joining in on that action as well later this year.

Anyway, there are three Marvel games coming out later this year that I'm looking forward to.

1. Marvel Heroes: Kindof a spiritual successor to Ultimate Alliance, being designed by David Brevik (Diablo 1 & 2). I love these style of games, so this is the one I'm the most excited about so far. https://marvelheroes.com/

2. Deadpool: The type of game I think most of the people in this thread want. A hard-core action/adventure game staring the merc-with-a-mouth. http://deadpoolgame.com/

and

3. Lego Marvel Superheroes: Marvel finally gets in on the Lego style of games. http://marvel.com/news/story/19916/lego_marvel_super_heroes_game_on_the_way

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Moonchilde said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Z3RO180 said:

That's debatable. Yes, I'd argue that Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are the two greatest comic-based video games so far, but other then those two I don't think DC has anything interesting video game wise. Oh, and the Lego games, I like those too, but Marvel will be joining in on that action as well later this year.

Anyway, there are three Marvel games coming out later this year that I'm looking forward to.

1. Marvel Heroes: Kindof a spiritual successor to Ultimate Alliance, being designed by David Brevik (Diablo 1 & 2). I love these style of games, so this is the one I'm the most excited about so far. https://marvelheroes.com/

2. Deadpool: The type of game I think most of the people in this thread want. A hard-core action/adventure game staring the merc-with-a-mouth. http://deadpoolgame.com/

and

3. Lego Marvel Superheroes: Marvel finally gets in on the Lego style of games. http://marvel.com/news/story/19916/lego_marvel_super_heroes_game_on_the_way

I heard about Deadpool,not big on lego anything, thanks for the links! Marvel Heroes isn't a game for consoles, it's an online game.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

DC needs to step up with their movies.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Inverno

Well, DC don't fare much better in gaming than Marvel when they aren't Batman-related. Just throwing this out there.