MARVEL NEEDS MORE VIDEO GAMES!

sromero78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Marvel really needs to start making more video games in my opinion. DC is killing them with the sucess of the Arkam franchise and Injusice. Where have the movie games been? In my opinon there should have been a Thor, Iron Man 3 (Besides the fact it sucked), The Wolverine, and Avengers video game (besides that wierd Kinect game). And what about comic style games? I would love to have seen an Iron Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, etc. video game in the style of all the Spiderman games. What do you guys think?

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could make some awesome games and I have a couple ideas, but I just don't want them to keep making games based on their movies. I know they will make more but they at least need to produce some non-movie games.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did Lego Marvel in my opinion is a really good game

Mister_X_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mister_X_1

I wish they hire Nether realm, the one that made Injustice.

Think of the possibilities of a Marvel fighting game, with a good story.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) 9 out of 10 games based on movie versions of comic book characters are terrible.

2) Marvel doesn't need more games...they need better games. Quality over Quantity. They could easily get an Arkham-esque series going if they devoted the appropriate time and resources into developing it.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel really needs to start making more video games in my opinion. DC is killing them with the sucess of the Arkam franchise and Injusice. Where have the movie games been? In my opinon there should have been a Thor, Iron Man 3 (Besides the fact it sucked), The Wolverine, and Avengers video game (besides that wierd Kinect game). And what about comic style games? I would love to have seen an Iron Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, etc. video game in the style of all the Spiderman games. What do you guys think?

Firstly opinion, not fact, secondly DC aren't killing them. DC has a few great games all Marvel needs to do is produce one or two with the same level of depth and they'll be on the right track. Let's not forget the games they have been producing aren't really bad either they're just mediocre and lack the level of quality we expect from AAA games.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Agreed. They do have a video game for mostly every main hero (Thor, wolverine, iron man, cap, fantastic 4) but all of them suck. Except for maybe the captain America one, heard that was okay. What I did think was really good was the new Lego Marvel Superheroes one. I know some people don't like it because it's lego, but I thought it was great.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By reaverlation

Marvel vs Capcom series I believe is their best game

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#9  Edited By Teerack

Well activation ruined and ended the Legacy/Alliance franchise :( But i mean... don't they make plenty? They have like a new spider-man game once every 1 or 2 years, all their movie games, almost a new avengers game each year, then they have games out other characters every once in a while like deadpool... and then a few PC games that keep getting new content.

they make plenty of games...

• Iron Man 2 2010
  • Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions 2010
  • Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet 2010
  • Marvel Super Heroes 3D: Grandmaster’s Challenge 2010
  • Marvel Pinball 2010
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds 2011
  • Marvel Super Hero Squad Online 2011
  • Thor: God of Thunder 2011
  • Captain America: Super Soldier 2011
  • Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty 2011
  • Spider-Man: Edge of Time 2011
  • X-Men: Destiny 2011
  • Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat 2011
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 2011
  • Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2012
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2012
  • Marvel vs. Capcom Origins 2012
  • Marvel: War of Heroes 2012
  • Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth 2012
  • Avengers: Initiative 2012
  • Iron Man 3: The Official Game 2013
  • Marvel Heroes 2013
  • Deadpool 2013
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2013

Only 6 out of 25 games were based on movies in the last 3 years....

sromero78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sromero78

@teerack:

@teerack said:

Well activation ruined and ended the Legacy/Alliance franchise :( But i mean... don't they make plenty? They have like a new spider-man game once every 1 or 2 years, all their movie games, almost a new avengers game each year, then they have games out other characters every once in a while like deadpool... and then a few PC games that keep getting new content.

• Iron Man 2 2010
  • Marvel Pinball 2010
  • Marvel Heroes 2013
  • Deadpool 2013

Mobile, online, and Kinect games arent really what i was talking about. I meant more of a game based on one character either connected to a movie or not, or a Marvel fighting game in the Injustice style, or maybe something like Marvel Nemesis.

sromero78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And is it just me or is anyone else dying to play a marvel vs dc game on a current gen console like MK Vs DCU

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@teerack: movie games are CHEESY, that deadpool game was CHEESY. they have yet to make a game on par with injustice or the arkham games

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only Spider-man games and Marvel vs Capcom series have been enjoyable from Marvel. Not enough quality in the rest.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It would be a dream come true for me if Bioware made an x-men game.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teerack

@sromero78: Not counting mobile games is fine, but not counting games with motion control is a bit dinosaure-ish.... it's 2014 motion controlled games are a big part of the gaming industry as much as people dont want to admit it.

@jackbensley777 said:

@teerack: movie games are CHEESY, that deadpool game was CHEESY. they have yet to make a game on par with injustice or the arkham games

Thinking or even implying that Injustice or even any game made by Nether Realm Studios can stack up next to any Vs. game or even any Capcom fighting game is the kind of thing competitive fighting game players would laugh you out of a room for. I pointed out the movie games so they wouldn't be counted already. You really think the Arkham games are that amazing? Do you also think the Call of Duty games are amazing? Because honestly even the CoD games have changed more then the Arkham games. I have and have beaten all of the Arkham games and I get them because I'm a nerd and like the story, but I've very aware that it's the same exact game all three times with token efforts to hide the fact that it's the same EXACT game play by adding in one or two gadgets you have to use once every few hours of game play.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: that doesnt make it bad? its a gaming franchise? you cant change the tone of a franchise? thats like if christopher nolan was to put batman in a blue and grey suit for the dark knight rises? it changes the total gaming feel, vibe tone and voice

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Teerack
@jackbensley777 said:

@teerack: that doesnt make it bad? its a gaming franchise? you cant change the tone of a franchise? thats like if christopher nolan was to put batman in a blue and grey suit for the dark knight rises? it changes the total gaming feel, vibe tone and voice

Hah... you're actually serious? xD This is actually nothing at all in any way like Christopher Nolan putting batman in blue.

I don't even know where to start.... most games in the world... are counters to what you just said. Final Fantasy, Halo, Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter, Elder Scrolls, Guild Wars, Warcraft, Star Craft, Prince of Persia, Ghost Recon, Mario, Sonic, Doom, Mega Man, Mortal Combat, Street Fighter, Super Smash Bros, and literally thousands of other games all disagree with you. You can absolutely change the game play and have a new good game without changing or ruining the tone of a franchise. Specific example of this is Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2, both successful well received games that came out one after the other and were on the same game system but both played extremely different while still feeling like a halo game.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not more games, better games.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jackbensley777

@teerack: mortal kombat, street fighter, and super smash bros are the same they just get updated. that did not support your view atb all. Sonic and mario games are only different because though they may be in a franchise they arent in an actuall series. The early mario and sonic games were all pretty much the same, not to each other but to their own series. The only halo game that really changed alot was halo four and it feels weird and doesnt give the same feel of gameplay, they changed the guns graphics and armour up too much. Halo 2 is just an updated version of combat evolved it doesnt have different gameplay really just better graphics. support your statement better bub

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just make UA3 for next gen. Those games received well reception, made decent money, and were a HUUUGE fan service.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not that they need to make more games, they need to make better games.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Teerack
@jackbensley777 said:

@teerack: mortal kombat, street fighter, and super smash bros are the same they just get updated. that did not support your view atb all. Sonic and mario games are only different because though they may be in a franchise they arent in an actuall series. The early mario and sonic games were all pretty much the same, not to each other but to their own series. The only halo game that really changed alot was halo four and it feels weird and doesnt give the same feel of gameplay, they changed the guns graphics and armour up too much. Halo 2 is just an updated version of combat evolved it doesnt have different gameplay really just better graphics. support your statement better bub

You're actually just really wrong. You just said mortal combat and street fighter didn't change and didn't feel like different games with each sequel.... you either don't play the games you're talking about or just fundamentally don't understand what youre talking about.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Black_Arrow

@jackbensley777 said:

In the case of Super smash bros you didn't play that game either from the first one to Melee the difference in gameplay was huge.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Weep Marvel fans, weep, do not forget you aren't superior in all media just because your movies are successful. Mwa ha ha ha

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

• Iron Man 2 2010
  • Marvel Pinball 2010
  • Marvel Heroes 2013
  • Deadpool 2013

and only these 3 are games you would actually play...The rest is below average to say the least...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxyzptlk_cv: Yeah but the OP is saying they don't make enough games other then movie games. If they made more they would probably be worse. Look at how the Deadpool game turned out. When you realize the entire game was made in only 6 months it goes from being crappy to pretty understandable.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: even though the first super smash bros came out only two years before melee, that was a time of revolutionary gaming where graphics and everything was changing fast. its not the case now so you cant bring games into factor from 10+ years ago

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: honestly the mortal kombats just get better graphics and different moves for each character.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By flameboy298

I know man...I know all we have now is Marvel:Heroes...Atleast we have a decent MMO though am I right?am I right???