VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@farkam said:

@humanrocket said:

@farkam: Nova Annihilation this is where he really takes off and becomes an A list hero. From there on you can move on to Nova Vol 4. I would suggest getting the entire Annihilation story arc...one of the best events that Marvel did that isn't really that well known. But if your only interest is with Nova stick with the two I mentioned in the that order.

Thanks bro.

After that you can also read The Thanos Imperative which was the last good story arc (not as epic as Annihilation though) that involved Nova Prime until this new rebooted "Kid Nova" came into play.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@farkam said:

@humanrocket said:

@farkam: Nova Annihilation this is where he really takes off and becomes an A list hero. From there on you can move on to Nova Vol 4. I would suggest getting the entire Annihilation story arc...one of the best events that Marvel did that isn't really that well known. But if your only interest is with Nova stick with the two I mentioned in the that order.

Thanks bro.

After that you can also read The Thanos Imperative which was the last good story arc (not as epic as Annihilation though) that involved Nova Prime until this new rebooted "Kid Nova" came into play.

Thanks too.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By kidchipotle

@w0nd said:

@vinovash1234 said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub your mum said the same.

@w0nd Justin biber has a larger fanbase than linkin park nowadays, he makes more money, and he has a shit tons of b****** liking him, that make him better? Another example is image comics, im enjoying image more than the comics marvel is pushing out. The truth is, its not about quality anymore but rather supporting and representing a gang.

@arturocalakayvee Explain why, do you think Marvel is the best at making games, comics, tv shows...everything in general. Do you think they have the best characters ever? if so, then thats blown outta portion and proves how overrated they've become.

I knew someone would mention him. I dont think he's good, but someone must. A large group of someones in order for him to have that cash flow. People are buying his stuff. They just have a different definition of good. It seems the word over rated is just another way to describe something not understood by one person but liked by many others....

overrated on comic vine (involving anything) = someone doesn't like something that other people like so it has to be overrated. Case in point: The OP.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

it sure is.....

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By FearTheLiving

@arturocalakayvee said:

@w0nd said:

@vinovash1234 said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub your mum said the same.

@w0nd Justin biber has a larger fanbase than linkin park nowadays, he makes more money, and he has a shit tons of b****** liking him, that make him better? Another example is image comics, im enjoying image more than the comics marvel is pushing out. The truth is, its not about quality anymore but rather supporting and representing a gang.

@arturocalakayvee Explain why, do you think Marvel is the best at making games, comics, tv shows...everything in general. Do you think they have the best characters ever? if so, then thats blown outta portion and proves how overrated they've become.

I knew someone would mention him. I dont think he's good, but someone must. A large group of someones in order for him to have that cash flow. People are buying his stuff. They just have a different definition of good. It seems the word over rated is just another way to describe something not understood by one person but liked by many others....

overrated on comic vine (involving anything) = someone doesn't like something that other people like so it has to be overrated. Case in point: The OP.

Well if he's been on this site, he'd be making this thread about DC. I'd say without a doubt there are more DC fans than there are Marvel here. The fact that he's going off other people's opinions though and comparing Marvel to Justin Bieber is pretty absurd. He should be forming his own opinion; and seeing as he's given no real examples outside of saying generic things like "movies, comics, video games" you know pretty much Marvel in entirety he's just coming off as a troll. DC is no better nor worse than Marvel and vice versa you may enjoy certain characters but the Companies are no different.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By FearTheLiving
Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do think marvels movie business does hold a higher opinion then it actually deserve. A lot of people both normal audiences and comic book readers hold a "marvel can do no wrong" view to there films. Most of phase 1 was quality wise was good (it ranged from average to good). Commercially, It was very impressive. This has made Marvel/Disney complacent towards phase 2. For Marvel to put "Your Welcome" on the poster for GOG shows how arrogant they have become.

Iron Man 3 was awful, Thor 2 was awful, Agents of Shield is awful. All three fail becuase the characters are not developed, the story is poorly crafted and they seemed insist on making sure they have as much forced awkward humour in them as possible(It was funny in Ironman 1, but its lost its charm now) and while I will say Winter Solider is very good (on par of Avengers) Phase 2 has proved that Marvel can go wrong quality wise but this has not been reflected commercially yet. I think the quality will most likely continue to have ups and downs (the downs being all the new phase 3 solo films for Doctor Strange and co) and franchise fatigue will kick in.

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By VinoVash1234

@novemberx2: Thanks for keeping the tone down to a calm demeanor, i absolutely agree with you.

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By VinoVash1234

Its a shame, i raised a genuine point, but by the looks of the people commenting here, they're all die- hard fanboys, instead of addressing my reasons, insults are thrown around instead, its a damn shame.

Alright lets see how this one goes

"DC is f****** overrated, they're characters suck"

My comment on youtube two years ago (im enjoying the new 52 actually, gave it a shot). I am NOT a fanboy, but i want everyone to stop acting like 5 year olds and address genuine reasons i presented. Is marvel overrated?

Definition of overrated: "have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved"- it has nothing to do with the number of the fanbase or the general populace, but rather how the fanbase (not the population) TREATS the factor overall.

So ill ask this smart and logical question again, is marvel overrated?

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Redxiii18881990

@vinovash1234: and I'll reply yes in certain aspects and no in others.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a shame, i raised a genuine point, no you haven't but by the looks of the people commenting here, they're all die- hard fanboys, I can only speak for myself, in which case I'm not instead of addressing my reasons, insults are thrown around instead, its a damn shame.

Alright lets see how this one goes

"DC is f****** overrated, they're characters suck"

My comment on youtube two years ago (im enjoying the new 52 actually, gave it a shot). I am NOT a fanboy, but i want everyone to stop acting like 5 year olds and address genuine reasons i presented. Is marvel overrated? So instead of pointing out why you think Marvel is overrated you say something that has nothing to do with it?

Definition of overrated: "have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved"- it has nothing to do with the number of the fanbase or the general populace, but rather how the fanbase (not the population) TREATS the factor overall. We know the definition of overrated, but thank you for writing it I guess.

So ill ask this smart and logical question again, is marvel overrated? and I'll ask again what do you mean? It comes down to a personal opinion anyways so I don't even understand why you're getting so worked up over it.

All that ^ in mind I'll attempt to answer your rather vague question.

Movies: No, in fact I feel they are underrated by people at times. Marvel Studios took a handful of characters the general populace had no idea about and made them mega stars and build a universe in mainstream media. Bringing people closer to the media in which they originated. Sure you can say some of their movies are sub-par or terrible (Personally I haven't seen one that I walked out of disappointed) but what they've accomplished is still pretty amazing and worth the praise.

Comics: Aside from Hawkeye I haven't touched most of the newer stuff and actually been reading their older titles so I can't quite speak with a grand knowledge of EVERY title they've put out, but I will say I enjoy Hawkeye and what I've read, and since I never really see people hype up Marvel comics I'd say they're rated just fine where they're at. Do they have faults sure (Hawkeye getting beat up by regular thugs is a little irritating since he's been an avenger and faced way tougher cats) but the story is fun and the characters interesting so not complaining.

Games: They could be better...way better but again I've never heard people praise Marvel for their games outside of a few gems and I don't think anyone is calling them AAA titles. I've personally been playing a bit of Marvel Heroes and it being a quite a bit like Diablo I've been enjoying it. So again rated just fine.

Television: I've seen no one praise Marvel's television shows aside from Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes which is awesome and deserves its praise (along with older shows with Spider-man and the X-men) but outside of that it's quite the opposite I see quite regularly people shitting on Agents of Shield and Ultimate Spider-man neither really being as bad as people put out, mediocre yes but nothing terrible.

So there you go. There is an answer to your vague ass question which probably only related to the movies because they're really the only thing I see get a decent amount of praise but again you keep saving Marvel so who the hell knows exactly what you mean. (It obviously must be that huge amount of praise going out to Cap's new phone game)

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 rogueshadow  Moderator

I hate this phrase.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Only the recent movies. (Other than Winter Soldier).

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overrated is just an opinion.

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really but when you look at it, if there is a fan base involved then there is bound to be some overration somewhere.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Jacthripper

@nintendork666: But if you go to IGN the only place DC wins is TV shows where as Marvel takes a solid win in all other categories, it just depends on the audience

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Homer_X

"overrated" is the most overrated term in existence.

Just because something is overrated, doesn't mean its bad.

And if its not bad, they're no point in bitching about how good something is.

There are thousands of threads doing that on this site, getting quite tiresome honestly

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I won't repeat the "overrated is an opinion'' thing, I mean it is, but everyone should know that.

Anyway, I think that some people (my freakin friends) overhype the hell out of the MCU movies. Half of them, in my opinion where mediocre films whose sole purpose was to tie in with Avengers. And every one post Avengers (with the exception of Cap 2, which I haven't seen yet) has been out and out terrible.

The First Iron Man and the second half of Avengers are the only ones I thoroughly enjoyed.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SilverPool

@oscars94 said:

Have you seen The Winter Soldier?

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Thank you, finally someone who addressed my question...i didnt mean their movies, i love their movies and i honestly dont think DC has a chance to ever get up and do anything on that level.

Im mostly referring to characters and comics. It seems like peoples general beliefs are that marvel is this perfect company.

http://darkkenjie.deviantart.com/journal/poll/627877/

http://jackietran.deviantart.com/journal/poll/1994836/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.68761-Poll-Marvel-VS-DC

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3213160.html

http://www.dmrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317986

http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6083&start=20

http://thekingofhate.com/forums/polls.php?action=showresults&pid=373

http://forum.blu-ray.com/movie-polls/58655-poll-dc-vs-marvel.html

http://the3eds.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4551

If you take a look at these threads you'd see people have this perfectly sculptured image of marvel being this number 1 company that excells at everything, and that no one can beat them.

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By VinoVash1234

@jacthripper Agreed, though i dont agree with the poll, i believe DC takes marvel out in the games section, but frankly that poll showcases another reason to believe that marvel is being overhyped.

@the_stegman Agreed, the only marvel movies i loved soo much, was iron man 1 and cap winter soldier, the rest are too overhyped.

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Becoming overrated?

Marvel has always been overrated

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jacthripper

@vinovash1234: I agree that DC has better games, tv shows, and maybe better villains but marvel has better movies, heroes, etc.

I dont feel that marvel is overrated, just that they're doing the best job in comics. DCs problem is advertisement, i didnt even know about the new 52 until i got Action Comics 1 from my library in 2013. That was almost 2 years after flashpoint, and i didnt even know about it. On the other hand, i knew when AvX came out and was able to keep up. Marvel releases when movie or comic "a" is coming out, while dc announces its coming out sometime soon.

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: DC needs to advertise their properties more? i guess that makes sense

Becoming overrated?

Marvel has always been overrated

...True say.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinovash1234: when marvel releases something, you know about it. We know that marvel just started filming avengers 2, while we dont even have a date for the release of the Holy Trio movie. Thats my opinion

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well...given the popularity of The Dark Knight and Man of Steel, I wouldn't say Marvel is overrated at all. Marvel has a huge quantity of movies from a wide verity of heroes.

What has DC made since 2000? A Superman movie, a Superman reboot, a Green Lantern movie, and a Batman reboot. If they got off their ass and made a wider verity of movies--Flash, WW, Aquaman, and Shazam to start. Then I think they could become a lot more popular. They could make a movie about the Titans, have a solo movie about Deathstroke, etc.

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By hyperbertha
Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only bitter DC fanboys find Marvel overated due to the fact that DC's getting their ass kicked in almost every area by Marvel except for games and animation. Haters gonna hate.

Avatar image for noteworthington
Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love comicbooks and comic media, so no, I do not think anything is 'overrated' as I appreciate and support any content and progress the medium and industry makes. There shall always be books or characters in the spotlight that I like, and some that I do not like or do not understand!

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly find Marvel Now to be a lot superior to the New 52...

A lot of the Marvel Now reboot titles have improved upon themselves and I just admire the tone of some..

I used to prefer DC to Marvel, but in all honesty, the only New 52 titles that are actually going somewhere are the Batman, Detective Comics, Action Comics, Green Lantern, Flash, Justice League and Wonder Woman series..

Sure that isn't small at all. DC is doing a good job in its own rights.

However compared to Marvel Now, which has more than double this amount of series worth reading, The New 52 does look like they need to get more creative with it just like Marvel Now has...

I really don't think Marvel is overrated comics wise... At least marvel now isn't...

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By VinoVash1234

@hyperbertha: How their characters are perceived, the two sided bias treatment towards the opposition.....you know the basic stuff.

@lone_wolf_and_cub Hey no one stays at the top forever, and i made a similar thread in opposition to DC, so its safe to say that objectively im not a fanboy.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'Murica is overrated.