#1 Posted by slimchin23 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

do you guys think that getting the tie-ins in infinity are worth it?

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (42174 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, no. Just get the main series.

#3 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

They aren't out yet so I don't know how anyone would give you an unbiased opinion...

#4 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

Get the digital one with Silver Surfer "Infinity:Against the Tide"

#5 Posted by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get the ones in the titles I collect.

#7 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. Avengers and New Avengers are both being written by the same person that's writing Infinity, Hickman. That might make them more relevant, maybe not. I'm sure reviews for those series will say whether they are needed or not. As for the other titles I'm sure they won't be adding anything essential to the story, so I wouldn't get any extra titles you aren't already reading.

#8 Posted by slimchin23 (62 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake said:

I don't know. Avengers and New Avengers are both being written by the same person that's writing Infinity, Hickman. That might make them more relevant, maybe not. I'm sure reviews for those series will say whether they are needed or not. As for the other titles I'm sure they won't be adding anything essential to the story, so I wouldn't get any extra titles you aren't already reading.

Looking at the infinity checklist Avengers and New Avengers issues arent being counted as tie-ins. So I dunno

#10 Posted by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how good it starts. If its as good as Civil War, Secret Invasion, or Dark Reign yeah, but if it falls off like Seige,Fear Its Self, or AvX no.

#11 Posted by Immortal777 (7579 posts) - - Show Bio

Get the digital one with Silver Surfer "Infinity:Against the Tide"

Is it good?

#12 Edited by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: Yeah but that checklist does seem to give a bit of extra attention to those two titles. They're being outlined in order with the main series whereas the other tie ins mentioned in the first issue of Infinity are simply off to the side. Like I said though, they still could not be essential at all, but considering how heavy Infinity leans on those two titles leading up to it it could possibly lean on those two titles during it.

#14 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: Yeah but that checklist does seem to give a bit of extra attention to those two titles. They're being outlined in order with the main series whereas the other tie ins mentioned in the first issue of Infinity are simply off to the side. Like I said though, they still could not be essential at all, but considering how heavy Infinity leans on those two titles leading up to it it could possibly lean on those two titles during it.

Big typo on my end lol. Meant to say *aren't being counted as tie ins.

#15 Posted by dondave (37362 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimchin23: @immortal777: It's only had an issue so far but it was pretty awesome, it showed Surfer using his board for combat and the art is amazing

#16 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

It probably depends on what characters you like.

#17 Posted by Iragexcudder (4868 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want a more in-depth story, I would.

#18 Posted by Immortal777 (7579 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure you get the silver surfer one free with print copies. Just enter the digital code and that should be included as a back up I believe.

#21 Posted by JuliusTakalua (270 posts) - - Show Bio

do get extra stuff for buying it digital? like on comixology? the silver surfer stuff was at the last 10pgs I think. I still have no idea who is who in the main story line but the scope and how it's presented is epic. I also don't get the tie in list in the middle of the book. are all the books gonna have 50+ pages? I really loved that. chapters and different plots to make a single story. Will surfer be on the next book as well? that was very neat.

gonna pick up avenger and new avenger