marvel/dc battles,do they make any sense?

Avatar image for jaydarocknrolla
Jaydarocknrolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I love the marvel/dc battle debates and I enjoy learning the power sets and feats of characters I'm not so familiar with. That being said the more I think about it the more I realize that these characters can't coexist. The DC universe doesn't play by the same rules. It's a reoccurring theme here. If Thor existed in the DC universe he would have to have godlike powers in the DC universe which means Supermanlike powers. If Super man existed in Marvel he'd probably be powerless because Marvel(to my knowledge) doesn't a lot powers for aliens who move from a planet with a red sun to a yellow one. Who knows what color sun is on the skrull homeworld,or zenn-la or whatever planet Beta Ray Bill is from? It's a non-issue in the Marvel universe. I know I'm probably not saying anything that hasn't been said before on thissite but I'm new here so bare with me. I am biased towards Marvel fyi and as such I do see DC(especially kryptonians) as being ridiculously overpowered.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I love the marvel/dc battle debates and I enjoy learning the power sets and feats of characters I'm not so familiar with. That being said the more I think about it the more I realize that these characters can't coexist. The DC universe doesn't play by the same rules. It's a reoccurring theme here. If Thor existed in the DC universe he would have to have godlike powers in the DC universe which means Supermanlike powers. If Super man existed in Marvel he'd probably be powerless because Marvel(to my knowledge) doesn't a lot powers for aliens who move from a planet with a red sun to a yellow one. Who knows what color sun is on the skrull homeworld,or zenn-la or whatever planet Beta Ray Bill is from? It's a non-issue in the Marvel universe. I know I'm probably not saying anything that hasn't been said before on thissite but I'm new here so bare with me. I am biased towards Marvel fyi and as such I do see DC(especially kryptonians) as being ridiculously overpowered.

If you're referring to debates, we view the characters on their own terms, from their own universes, using the feats and showings they've had. Except for special occasions like say, if Thanos can't use the IG if the battlefield is in another universe.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see what you're saying. I still doubt Silver Surfer can conjure kryptonite or red sun unless he fights Superman in the DCU but I just agree to it anyway.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: @veshark: which is BS because the battle rules state ALL weapons work in battles to prevent the fanboy loopholes about universes. The only thing that changed about the IG is its been determined to be universal not multiversal because as seen in the New Avengers : illuminati each reality has its own set of Inifinity Gems. Silver Surfer with Cosmic Awareness can make Kryponite or emit Red Sun radiation to use against Supes and Supes can sun dip regardless of the Universe he's in. It there to make an even playing field even though DC characters tend to be OP. IMO recently especially with The Avengers Marvel has been among up some characters.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@monsterstomp: @veshark: which is BS because the battle rules state ALL weapons work in battles to prevent the fanboy loopholes about universes. The only thing that changed about the IG is its been determined to be universal not multiversal because as seen in the New Avengers : illuminati each reality has its own set of Inifinity Gems. Silver Surfer with Cosmic Awareness can make Kryponite or emit Red Sun radiation to use against Supes and Supes can sun dip regardless of the Universe he's in. It there to make an even playing field even though DC characters tend to be OP. IMO recently especially with The Avengers Marvel has been among up some characters.

Isn't that what I said? If the debate's battlefield is not the IG's home universe, then theoretically it should be useless.