Marvel Continues to Expand Marvelkids.com with New Ultimate Spider-Man Digital Comics Section

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Marvel is expanding the ways its younger fans can dive into the Marvel Universe with its all-new and kid-friendly digital comic book section; all part of the expanded MarvelKids.com. Beginning with the refreshed Spider-Man destination on MarvelKids.com, younger fans can begin reading the adventures of Ultimate Spider-Man, featuring everyone’s favorite web-head as he teams up with his amazing friends to fight the forces of evil.

Designed to captivate readers of all ages, MarvelKids.com’s Ultimate Spider-Man offers fans a guided reading experience using Marvel’s digital Infinite Comics platform to help younger fans navigate the panels. Taking full advantage of the latest technology, Marvel Infinite Comics showcase the new storytelling possibilities of a digital canvas while still staying true to the medium’s greatest strengths and brings a cinematic experience designed to captivate the next generation of Marvel fans.

With new digital issues arriving every week, the Ultimate Spider-Man series begins with MarvelKids.com’s ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1: I THINK I’M PARANOID. After a routine run-in with the villainous Jack O’Lantern, Spider-Man is convinced that his spider-sense is on the fritz, when it starts warning him of danger seemingly at random. Turns out, there’s a bigger threat than Jack O’Lantern to worry about, though.

In addition to the high-flying action within Ultimate Spider-Man, fans can take on the role of Spider-Man in a variety of interactive and amazing games and take part in an exciting web of activities including Spider-Man downloadable coloring pages, mazes, and word searches.

“The addition of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics on MarvelKids.com is the perfect way for kids to experience the Marvel Universe and nurture a joy of reading,” says Daniele Campbell, VP of Digital Business Development & CRM. “Through the unique digital comic format, kids of all ages will be able to swing alongside Spider-Man in a way that is easy to navigate, kid-friendly, engaging, and most importantly – fun!”

MarvelKids.com will be continually expanding even more in the future with new Marvel Comics’ series and more digital features exploring everyone’s favorite Marvel Super Heroes!

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By skyroid

Sounds great

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Cool. :-D

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Nice

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Great.
Good for Spidey, good for Marvel.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I thought the whole universe was Marvel kids. I know I'm gonna hear it for that comment.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the Bendis one or the lame cartoon one ?

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they going to put the comic where he dies?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 owie  Moderator

When I got this by email from Marvel a few days ago, I was pretty excited for a while, having only skimmed the email. I thought they were opening up all the all-ages comics for free. THAT would be cool. Even if they opened up, say, all the Marvel Adventures comics. They were great, and there is a dearth of good kids' comics comic out right now. This Spidey comic, unfortunately, is not so great. So this announcement basically becomes, get some crappy comics for free.

@ramior said:

The lame cartoon one.

mdamasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Marvel and DC should be putting more effort to draw in that younger crowd

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: Have you read any of the comics? Are they just as bad as the cartoon?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 owie  Moderator

@owie: Have you read any of the comics? Are they just as bad as the cartoon?

I read a couple of the printed comics from last year or so. I haven't read these digital ones. The printed ones were pretty sucky. I say this as a father who puts a fair amount of effort into finding good comics for my kids.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ramior said:

They really shouldn't have named a TV show Ultimate Spider-Man when it has nothing to do with Ultimate Comics.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digifiendThey should never make this show at all.: