Marvel compared to DC

Avatar image for ser_rickard_waters
Ser_Rickard_Waters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This has probably been done before, and I know it has, but being new to comics, how are Marvel characters different from DC characters? Is the quality of the story different from each company? What is each of their pros and cons? I'd really like to know. Thanks

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine008

Even though Marvel and DC heroes are generally the same there are differences. Marvel heroes tend to be less morally strict, and get their hands dirty if they feel the need (Like Wolverine) as opposed to DC heroes who often keep strict moral codes they will die to keep (Batman). Marvel characters tend to be less powerful than their DC counterparts. Marvel does street to mid levelers better than DC, while DC does better than Marvel with power houses and cosmic heroes. Marvel heroes tend to be disliked and hated by the public of their universes (X Men), while DC heroes are often loved and revered by the public of their universes (Superman).

Story quality is the same for both companies. They make good stories, and sometimes they make bad stories. I prefer Marvel, but at the end of the day you have to explore both companies and see which you like more. Hey, maybe you'll even like both.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lilben42
Avatar image for ser_rickard_waters
Ser_Rickard_Waters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I started my DC run for comics starting with the new 52, what are some good Marvel comics that are new reader friendly? I'm more interested in Spider-man and Deadpool.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only real difference is DC has Superman and Batman other than that they both put out the same stuff since the writers go between companies.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ser_rickard_waters:

Even though you're interested in Deadpool and Spider Man, I'll recommend some series with other characters. You should try Daredevil, Indestructible Hulk, Wolverine, Savage Wolverine, Scarlet Spider, New Avengers, Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Hawkeye, Thor:God of Thunder, and Deadpool.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Both are great. Marvel is lighter and DC is darker/serious. Not to say they aren't light DC series or dark Marvel series.

DC characters are more of your iconic, archetype superheroes. (think of superhero and you think capes and DC characters). Marvel has great street level heroes (DC has the entire Bat family though). DC has great power heroes (Superman, Wonder Woman, etc).

Lol so basically what Wolverine08 said.