Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Hi Everyone.

I've just found out that Marvel are starting to include reprints of recent comics in other issues, such as Avengers #27 containing a copy of Invaders #1, and Superior Spider-Man #30 containing a copy of Black Widow #1, at no extra cost.

It seems it's quite likely that this is a promotional idea, to encourage people to buy a series they might have overlooked, but is this likely to work? I've seen short previews included before, but a whole other comic that's already been out a month or two? It'll be interesting to see how this goes.

Any thoughts on the potential of such a concept, and are you perhaps hoping to get a free copy of something in particular?

Scarlotte.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's a great idea for Marvel. If it's free for the consumer, why not try to pick up more readers on other titles? I hate seeing great smaller books get cancelled because people wouldn't take a chance with them.

My question, are they actually reprinting the free book with the other, or giving free digital codes? I'm assuming it's a digital code similar to what they have done recently with some books, getting the entire first trade for free with the current issue.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I forgot which series was it that have a free digital code to Wolverine Infinite Comics that was pretty cool for them to do in that issue that had that code. I like the idea but I dislike that fact that I already picked up those #1 when they first came out :/

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I like it since i'm always late to the party with these new series.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a great idea for Marvel. If it's free for the consumer, why not try to pick up more readers on other titles? I hate seeing great smaller books get cancelled because people wouldn't take a chance with them.

My question, are they actually reprinting the free book with the other, or giving free digital codes? I'm assuming it's a digital code similar to what they have done recently with some books, getting the entire first trade for free with the current issue.

I'm not 100% sure, but the wording of this article made me think it's a physical reprint.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose