• 121 results
MikeStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By MikeStark

This is my own opinion, you agree. Awesome, if not. Like I said: MY Opinion. Don't like it? Then that's your opinion.

I just love how Marvel comics are just totally milking the Avengers & X-Men cash cow brands. Avengers, New Avengers, Avengers Assemble, The Ultimates, Secret Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Avengers Arena (Which SUCKS & has NOTHING to do with the actual Avengers) Cable & X-Force, Uncanny X-Force, X-Men, All New X-Men, Wolverine & The X-Men, Ultimate X-Men.

Like seriously, a bit much Marvel? All conveniently priced at $3.99 or higher. If some are $2.99 & I made a mistake then... My bad.

Your a sucker if you buy all these books. I damn sure hope you read every single one of em & get your money's worth if do buy them. But probably not, I'm sure they just keep piling & piling up, rarely ever getting read. EXACTLY what marvel wants.

How many Justice League books do they have? TWO! DC's finally starting a third one! That feature different unique characters. Where Marvel always has Wolverine, Cap, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor etc. in every Avengers book & the same goes for X-Men books. Marvel's just a bunch of cheap pricks who love to rip you off & the stories aren't even that good! Certainly not along the lines of Justice League. I feel sorry for anyone who's buying all of these books. It's even going on with Spider-Man You got Ultimate Spider-Man, Avenging Spider Man, Superior Spider Man. And they cancel good titles like Defenders & Avengers Academy... go figure. And to top it all off... Marvel produces some garbage called "A+X" GTFO, I used to love marvel, now I'm finding fewer & fewer chances to like them.

I especially love how these titles aren't cheap either. DC still does $2.99 on some of their regular books, but Marvel can't go lower than $3.99.

Don't even get me started on Annuals which range from $4-$7. & that don't count your comic shop owner being a cheap pr*ck. Annuals are just crap. PERIOD. As every veteran comic fan knows, there only good for ... wait, what are they good for again? Seriously, I can't think of a reason.

If you think I prefer DC over Marvel, I don't. Surprisingly. However, the scales are in DC's favor ATM. Don't get me wrong DC does have books that aren't too great but not everything can be good but at least they don't force feed you Avengers, X-Men & Spider-Man until throwing up because your body can't handle all the crap.

Another thing, what's with Marvel & Point One(s)??? Or 0.5s? F... Avengers 12.1, Venom 18.1 or Guardians Of The Galaxy 0.5. CHEAP BASTARDS trying to cash in...

It just figures good books like Defenders, Avengers Academy & others get the axe while all this other HORSE crap is being printed in the thousands.

If any Marvel troll wants to "discuss" Superman, Batman & Green Lantern's "multiple" titles. I would honestly love too, Superman has Action Comics & Superman. Batman's a little bit much with Detective Comics, Batman & Robin, Batman: The Dark Knight, Batman Incorporated & Batman. But honestly that's just 5 Batman titles... however it's THE DAMN BATMAN for crap's sake! I will agree that's too much though. I'd honestly cancel Batman Inc. & Batman & Robin to make room for other interesting New 52 titles, not that they don't have a wide enough range as it is, but however it could be a little bit wider with examples like Wally West & Donna Troy & just have Damian in Batman. Which for the most part he usually always is in anyway.

As for Green Lantern & it's 4 titles? Green Lantern focuses Primarily on Hal (Currently dealing with Baz's chapter) eventually Hal will return with Baz moving to JLA. GLC which focuses on John Stewart & Guy Gardner, GL: TNG which focuses on Kyle & other corps. & RED Lanterns which focuses on a different lantern spectrum/corps all together with some small cameos here & there but still doesn't always feat Captain America in 5 of the 6 Avengers comics.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

First off, watch the language. Hate to be that guy, and it's a dumb rule, but it's a rule nonetheless.

Secondly, I respectfully disagree. Marvel, just like DC or any other publisher is a business. Of course they're going to milk the cash cow with those titles. You don't think that DC does the same thing with Batman? He has five titles on his own, and that's not even including the entire Batman family, such as Nightwing, Batwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Redhood and the Outlaws, and Catwoman. And Justice League currently has two titles: JL and JL Dark (JLD might not be in the same vein, but the name's in the title). They are also getting JLA along with the recently speculated, new-and-improved JLI. (And, I might have, all those titles include/will include at least one Bat-character, with the exception of JLD).

Whether the stories are good or not is all a matter of opinion. Avengers and New Avengers have been pretty excellent, and based on reviews on just about every other site, I know I'm not the only one who thinks so. They're worth the money to me, so I don't think I'm a sucker, but to each his own. Personally, I don't read any of the X-Men titles (as the team has gotten to be unlikable in recent years, IMO), but Bendis, regardless of how I feel about that guy, as been getting great reviews for All New X-Men. I don't buy them, so I'm not gonna complain about their stories.

Annuals have been around since forever, so I don't see the problem with them. I agree, that sometimes $8 is extreme for a comic book, but depending on the content, it's sometimes worth it. And you used the phrase "force feeding" when regarding the Avengers titles. I don't recall anyone forcing you or anyone else to buy the books. If you don't like them, don't buy them.

The point one's are for new readers who want to jump on and/or to kick-start a new series (the recent .1 for ASM is the most recent example). They're kind of useless for those who's been reading the respective title the whole time, but if you're a completionist, by all means, buy them. If not, no biggie, just wait till the next regular issue.

But yeah, that's what I feel. Happy posting.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By judasnixon
@MikeStark: Don't get pissed at the company. Get pissed at the fans, they're the ones buying it.  The only reason why Marvel is making so many X-men, Avengers, and Spider-Man books because they sell. Some people will buy anything if it have Wolverine in it, and Marvel knows it. That's why Wolverine is in ten different teams. Marvel is a company, and the whole reason a company is a company is to make money that is it. A comic could be the greatest comic in the world, but if no one's buying it, it'll get $#!% canned. That why all this great titles are getting cancelled. It not like Marvel wants to piss you off, but they're not going to take a lost to make a few fans happy. As for the $3.99 price tag, people buy them. Which would you like more getting paid $9.00 an hour or $12.00 an hour? 
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

just like Gambit said....Marvel is a business and the Avengers movie was super successful so them trying to make some money off of that while also trying to bring in new readers to a dieing industry is probably the smartest move they could make

New Avengers, Avengers, All New X-men, Thor: God of Thunder, Superior Spider-man, FF, Fantastic Four are all very solid titles and all have been getting great reviews all over the internet so if you're not enjoying them then it speaks more to your tastes than to others...to me it seems like you're a hipster trying to be cool and say that the things that are good aren't

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Cap10nate

Marvel is putting out a great product with Marvel Now. The Avengers and New Avengers look like they are leading into a great story. Thor has been phenomenal. Hulk and Cap's books are both going in extremely different directions than their prior stories. Female leads are being emphasized with Captain Marvel, Fearless Defenders, X-Force, and the one X-Men title. Hawkeye and Daredevil are critically hailed each month. The cosmic titles haven't even started yet, but will open a whole new part of the Universe. It is a great time to be a Marvel Fan.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jorgevy

wow dat waz rood

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Gambit1024 said:

First off, watch the language. Hate to be that guy, and it's a dumb rule, but it's a rule nonetheless.

Secondly, I respectfully disagree. Marvel, just like DC or any other publisher is a business. Of course they're going to milk the cash cow with those titles. You don't think that DC does the same thing with Batman? He has five titles on his own, and that's not even including the entire Batman family, such as Nightwing, Batwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Redhood and the Outlaws, and Catwoman. And Justice League currently has two titles: JL and JL Dark (JLD might not be in the same vein, but the name's in the title). They are also getting JLA along with the recently speculated, new-and-improved JLI. (And, I might have, all those titles include/will include at least one Bat-character, with the exception of JLD).

Whether the stories are good or not is all a matter of opinion. Avengers and New Avengers have been pretty excellent, and based on reviews on just about every other site, I know I'm not the only one who thinks so. They're worth the money to me, so I don't think I'm a sucker, but to each his own. Personally, I don't read any of the X-Men titles (as the team has gotten to be unlikable in recent years, IMO), but Bendis, regardless of how I feel about that guy, as been getting great reviews for All New X-Men. I don't buy them, so I'm not gonna complain about their stories.

Annuals have been around since forever, so I don't see the problem with them. I agree, that sometimes $8 is extreme for a comic book, but depending on the content, it's sometimes worth it. And you used the phrase "force feeding" when regarding the Avengers titles. I don't recall anyone forcing you or anyone else to buy the books. If you don't like them, don't buy them.

The point one's are for new readers who want to jump on and/or to kick-start a new series (the recent .1 for ASM is the most recent example). They're kind of useless for those who's been reading the respective title the whole time, but if you're a completionist, by all means, buy them. If not, no biggie, just wait till the next regular issue.

But yeah, that's what I feel. Happy posting.

Pretty much this.

Thanks for saving me the time and energy it would have taken to post a similar response.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By judasnixon

I know there is a lot of Marvel fans just sick of seeing the movie-verce integrated in to the comic-verce, but the sad truth is that the Avenger movie most likely made more money that year than all of the comics solid by Marvel in 2012......

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#8  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@judasnixon said:

I know there is a lot of Marvel fans just sick of seeing the movie-verce integrated in to the comic-verce, but the sad truth is that the Avenger movie most likely made more money that year than all of the comics solid by Marvel in 2012......

That is so true...

MikeStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikeStark

@judasnixon: Finally! A smart one! You got a point, however I will put my response to gambit shortly. For some reason when replying to your blogs, comicvine prefers you send them privately. I'd rather not.

Fine, I cut down the swearing, my bad. Do you not see the part where it says It's my opinion?

Marvel, just like DC or any other publisher is a business. Of course they're going to milk the cash cow with those titles. You don't think that DC does the same thing with Batman? He has five titles on his own. Just as an example, how many does Avengers have? Cap appear's in 5/6 books. Wolverine is the same with every X-Men book & then he's got Savage Wolverine & more!

The Batman family, DOES NOT HAVE BATMAN IN EVERY Nightwing, Batwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Redhood and the Outlaws, and Catwoman issue ok maybe they do now but ONLY because it's the Death Of The Family crossover.

Justice League currently has two titles: JL and JL Dark (might not be in the same vein, but the name's in the title). Does Superman or Wonder Woman appear in JLD? Thought so.

JLA has one Bat-character in Catwoman. She's her own character.

Whether the stories are good or not is suggestive is my point. I MYSELF, dislike the stories. I NEVER judged anyone for liking them. I hate Avengers and New Avengers, you seem to think there "excellent" for some strange reason but hey that's YOUR OPINION!

I dont care what all the reviews say. I could care less. I do care about my review.

"I don't read any of the X-Men titles (as they've gotten to be unlikable in recent years" That's because there all complete CRAP!

Bendis is garbage & so is All New X-Men. They want Jean back so bad they have Beast bring her younger self back from the past? Same goes for Nightcrawler. Also, Wasp didn't die she was just stuck in the microverse all those years. CRAP!

My point again is Marvel loves to charge $8 or more for practically a useless story that goes nowhere & eventually flops out. I dont buy them. But how can you not see how Marvel milks the cow way more than Avengers & X-Men then Batman & JL. Marvel has all the same content with all the same characters. Please re-read my blog because to me it seems you didn't fully read it. I could very well be wrong but my guess is you read the first paragragh or bits & pieces here & there and then just went off with your own opinion by trying to slam mine. Don't deny it if I was right ;)

Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Bushwhacker_

I personally love the comics Marvel are coming out right now. Thor: God of Thunder is one of the best ongoings right now...

Though, I do hate that all their comics are $3.99...

MikeStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikeStark

@Bushwhacker_: Glad you enjoy them. I however CLEARLY feel that its mostly all the same espcially like I mentioned in my blog with Avengers & X-Men. Some people still don't understand how that's my opinion (Not stating anyone here, just in general)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Thank you for at least agreeing to tone down the language but no need to insult people. I understand having your opinion but covering up "you are all suckers if you buy these books" with "it's just my opinion". So no need to insult other people in these things. Maybe people are enjoying these books and that doesn't make them stupid for liking something.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By reignmaker

Reading FF, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, and Hawkeye. They're each quality titles that go for 3 dollars each. Indestructible Hulk in the only 4 dollar Marvel book I'm following. Have zero interest in reading anything Avengers or X-Men related.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Yai_Inn

@MikeStark: You're entitled to your opinion, but I find DC's over-use of Batman more annoying than Marvels over-use of Wolverine. Mostly because the Wolverine books aren't all that good and I don't buy them. Just going by what I read last month; I read 24 Marvel titles Wolverine was featured in 1 of those and appeared in 4 others. I read 11 DC titles, Batman was featured in 4 of those. < this is all just from memory though. Detailed list below, if you wanna double check. < also if you are actually looking for good Marvel titles to read (and not just here to complain) there are many on my list - Hawkeye, FF, and Dare Devil End of Days are all great.

Avengers 3 + 4 - both had Wolverine
New Avengers
Avengers Arena
Young Avengers
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Dare Devil
Dare Devil: End of Days
Hawkeye
Superior Spider-Man 1 + 2
Fantastic Four
Future Foundation
Uncanny X-Force - Wolverine appeared in here
Cable and X-Force
X-Men - can't recall but I'm pretty sure Wolverine wasn't here
X-Factor
Savage Wolverine - featured here obviously
Gambit
Deadpool
Deadpool Killustrated
X-Men Legacy - Wolverine appeared in here

Animal Man
Aquaman - Batman was in this
Batman
Batman & Robin
Batgirl - IIRC Batman wasn't in this issue
Catwoman
Justice League - more Batman
Justice League Dark
Swamp Thing
Sword of Sorcery
Flash

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FalconPuuunch

Underneath all the ugly in your OP, I understand what you are saying however, it's not just Marvel. There are waaay too many Batman titles. Just do what I do it and NOT buy them. Look for new titles in DC and Marvel that might interest you or do the unthinkable and venture off into third party comic book companies.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@MikeStark said:

The Batman family, DOES NOT HAVE BATMAN IN EVERY Nightwing, Batwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Redhood and the Outlaws, and Catwoman issue ok maybe they do now but ONLY because it's the Death Of The Family crossover.

Justice League currently has two titles: JL and JL Dark (might not be in the same vein, but the name's in the title). Does Superman or Wonder Woman appear in JLD? Thought so.

Batwoman isn't part of Death Of The Family, as she isn't a member of the Bat-Family.

I don't understand the mention of Superman and Wonder Woman.

Anyway, The Avengers and X-Men are the two big teams in Marvel with many members, so I don't see a big problem in having a few series each. However, I do think charging $3.99 for virtually all of them, and double shipping some is a bit much.

MikeStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikeStark

Thank you for proving my point. According to your post Batman is in 10 titles while Wolverine is in 23 different titles!!! Some of Batman's are actually Batman's own titles! So it would make sense he's actually in them. Out of all of the Wolverine titles you mentioned only one is an actual Wolverine title. Batman's in most of them being due to major story crossovers. He's rarely in Animal Man, Catwoman, JLD, Swamp Thing, SOS & Flash only appearing as a rare cameo. He's in Aquaman & Batgirl because of major crossovers & is NEVER in Aquaman any other time. Also, how can you not have a Justice League book without Batman?!? That would be nonsense/blasphemy! Blaspsense/Nonhemy! :D #BarneyStinsonReference

Although, I'm sure Wolverine is probably crossing over for a specific story in those comics as well. To me, it feels like he's literally walking along the pages begging you to notice him with Marvel going "Hey readers, you know who this guy is dont'cha?" Which i'm sure your aware is a key plot device for marvel to be greedy & sell more books by taking advantage of Wolverine's popularity.

I agree, However, Batman has 5 titles 2 of which (Batman & Robin & Batman Inc.) should be cut. YET Avengers has 6 titles & X-Men has 7. None of which are being cut (Mainly cause they just started) but someone like me can only hope they get the axe shortly. Now it's not an insult to you personally, but clearly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Avengers & X-Men have more titles than Batman. Did you read those parts in my blog?

Thankfully X-Men Volume 3 is getting the axe next week! I liked it at first, Which reduces X-Men to 6 books. Still 1 more than Bats. Curse of the Mutants was awesome! X-Men + actual Vampires? = AWESOME! As that arc ending & the issues following it just became trash IMO. Which is how I FEEL All New X-Men will fizzle out just like Volume 3 will.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By danhimself

@MikeStark said:

Thank you for proving my point. According to your post Batman is in 10. Most of them being due to major story crossovers. Although, I'm sure Wolverine is probably crossing over in those comics as well. To me, it feels like he's literally walking along the pages begging you to notice him with Marvel going "Hey readers, you know who this guy is dontcha?" Which i'm sure your aware is a key plot device for marvel to be greedy & sell more books by taking advantage of Wolverine's popularity. But really though, what the hell is the good ol' Canucklehead doing in titles like: Avengers Arena, Young Avengers, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, DareDevil/DareDevil: End of Days, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man 1 + 2. WORST OF ALL: Fantastic Four & Future Foundation. He should be MILES away from the FF at all times, yet as you pointed out there he is. Just saying "hi" all thanks to Marvel.

Wolverine was in NONE of those books

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@danhimself said:

@MikeStark said:

Thank you for proving my point. According to your post Batman is in 10. Most of them being due to major story crossovers. Although, I'm sure Wolverine is probably crossing over in those comics as well. To me, it feels like he's literally walking along the pages begging you to notice him with Marvel going "Hey readers, you know who this guy is dontcha?" Which i'm sure your aware is a key plot device for marvel to be greedy & sell more books by taking advantage of Wolverine's popularity. But really though, what the hell is the good ol' Canucklehead doing in titles like: Avengers Arena, Young Avengers, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, DareDevil/DareDevil: End of Days, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man 1 + 2. WORST OF ALL: Fantastic Four & Future Foundation. He should be MILES away from the FF at all times, yet as you pointed out there he is. Just saying "hi" all thanks to Marvel.

Wolverine was in NONE of those books

Yeah, he definitely wasn't in FF.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Yai_Inn

@MikeStark

You completely misread what I wrote.

Which i'm sure your aware is a key plot device for marvel to be greedy & sell more books by taking advantage of Wolverine's popularity.

It only works that way if he's advertised and being used to sell books. Of the four appearances he made outside of Savage Wolverine (Avengers x2, Uncanny X-Force, and X-Men Legacy) I only knew he was going to be in Avengers (and he's hardly the selling feature of Avengers.)

MikeStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikeStark

Yeah, I guess I did read your post wrong then . Oh well, I made a mistake, at least I can own up to it!

MikeStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MikeStark

The Justice League is a big team, usually has just 1 or 2 books with the roster always changing. Yet don't you see marvel's unnecessary need to cash in by making more books then they need to?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@MikeStark said:

The Justice League is a big team, usually has just 1 or 2 books with the roster always changing. Yet don't you see marvel's unnecessary need to cash in by making more books then they need to?

With more titles, they can probably keep rosters more consistent, meaning people can read the characters they like with less risk of them leaving. DC are keeping their amount of titles at 52, so there are limits to how many of each kind of series can be produced. Marvel don't have a limit, so can publish anything they want

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JimTheSurfer

So you think, that 5 Batman tittles is no big deal, because "it's THE DAMN BATMAN for crap's sake" (typical fanboy talk), but three Spider-man tittles is screwed up and too much? Firstly Ultimate Spider-man isn't even Peter and is from parallel universe. Secondly it's THE DAMN SPIDER-MAN for crap's sake! And I believe a lot of people are actually enjoying Spider-man books.

And A+X is a good stuff. Honestly.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By skooks

@MikeStark said:

I agree, However, Batman has 5 titles 2 of which (Batman & Robin & Batman Inc.) should be cut. YET Avengers has 6 titles & X-Men has 7. None of which are being cut (Mainly cause they just started) but someone like me can only hope they get the axe shortly. Now it's not an insult to you personally, but clearly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Avengers & X-Men have more titles than Batman. Did you read those parts in my blog?

Why should they be cut, exactly? Because you don't like them?

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Stronger

I totally agree.Marvel sucks these days.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gravitypress

Thank you for this riveting opinion piece but you are not going to convince anyone with this to abandon their Marvel titles. Value is subjective.

Med

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Med

i also feel that marvel is a money grubbing corporation that has fallen very far. i realized that shortly after i actually started reading them and now i am leaning more towards dc and less towards marvel. i hope to eventually drop every title of theirs i read eventually.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xblah_blahx

Yep, Marvel is definitely sucking lately. I've dropped them completely.

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Markus_Langbourn

Yes, Marvel is an insulting abomination that should be torn down and rebuilt, with each writer being imprisoned for crimes against humanity. 

But you know, people are idiots, so DUR, THERE WERE TWO HYPERIONS, SO DEEP, will keep selling.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@MikeStark:

I'll send you exactly what I sent to Gambit. It pretty much applies to everyones ESPECIALLY people who copy others words & agree with them as their own.

"Fine, I cut down the swearing, my bad. Do you not see the part where it says It's my opinion?

Marvel, just like DC or any other publisher is a business. Of course they're going to milk the cash cow with those titles. You don't think that DC does the same thing with Batman? He has five titles on his own. Just as an example, how many does Avengers have? Cap appear's in 5/6 books. Wolverine is the same with every X-Men book & then he's got Savage Wolverine & more!

JLA has one Bat-character in Catwoman. She's her own character.

Whether the stories are good or not is suggestive is my point. I MYSELF, dislike the stories. I NEVER judged anyone for liking them. I hate Avengers and New Avengers, you seem to think there "excellent" for some strange reason but hey that's YOUR OPINION!

I dont care what all the reviews say. I could care less. I do care about my review.

"I don't read any of the X-Men titles (as they've gotten to be unlikable in recent years" That's because there all complete CRAP!

Bendis is garbage & so is All New X-Men. They want Jean back so bad they have Beast bring her younger self back from the past? Same goes for Nightcrawler. Also, Wasp didn't die she was just stuck in the microverse all those years. CRAP!

My point again is Marvel loves to charge $8 or more for practically a useless story that goes nowhere & eventually flops out. I dont buy them. But how can you not see how Marvel milks the cow way more than Avengers & X-Men then Batman & JL. Marvel has all the same content with all the same characters. Please re-read my blog because to me it seems you didn't fully read it. I could very well be wrong but my guess is you read the first paragragh or bits & pieces here & there and then just went off with your own opinion by trying to slam mine. Don't deny it if I was right ;)"

Not a fan of folks giving me crap for 'whatever' via private PM. So I'm posting your diatribe here, in the thread it belongs in. Honestly, I can agree with whosoever I agree with every bit as much as you are entitled to an 'opinion' (if you can even really call it such). You are not, however, entitled to express said opinion in a public forum howsoever you choose without repercussion and response that runs contrary.

Your little 'scolding' comes off as pure butt-hurt over a few of us taking exception to a post replete with angst ridden blanket comments, and little else, to be blunt. Whatever valid points you may have wanted to put forth run sullied in the nerd rage infested execution.

There's a difference between having an opinion, and being opinionated. Despite the validity behind certain of your points, overall, your opinionated post reads as "Marvel sucks and DC rules". In fact, I wonder if it's a classic case of trolling ... if so, good job, it worked. If not, shame on you - you've a lot to learn in art of review and analysis.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
@MikeStark

So the Avengers and Xmen aren't big teams? They're approaching Legion of Superheroes membership and that requires more books to allow more characters to be seen?
TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheCowman

So don't buy 'em.

Wow, how easy was that, huh?

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
@TheCowman: Watching characters you've grown up with and who have changed your lives be destroyed for the sake of a dollar is not so easy to deal with.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By Saren

I stopped reading when you said you'd cancel Batman and Robin. Ok, no, I didn't, but that book is gold. If anything should be cancelled, it should be that wretched TDK book. I don't know why people don't see that.

And the ratio of good titles to horrible titles in Marvel NOW! is pretty much the same as it is in the new 52. Sure, you have books like Thunderbolts that are garbage, but you also have books like the current X-Men Legacy that I find really enjoyable.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheCowman

@Markus_Langbourn:

Yeah, it's a real kicker, ain't it?

If it wasn't for the fact that this has been going on since comics were first created, I'd probably be really bothered by it. Heck, DC pretty much erased two of my all time favorite comic book characters from existence for the time being. Marvel has a book centered around killing off a load of other characters I was genuinely interested in.

Yeah, that'd be pretty upsetting if not for the fact that its nothing new. The only difference these days is that we have the internet to voice our opinions on. Whether those opinions be well thought out discussions about what you find lacking in Marvel Comics or simple "Marvel SUCKS, yo" blanket statements.

DChero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DChero

What really turns me off is the pricing and the length of the stories marvel puts out. After reading hickmens run on ff and fantastic four I thought for sure I was gonna collect avengers and new avengers but I'm not too into avengers after the first three issues. I haven't even picked up a new avengers comic yet. I just have a strange feeling that I have to collect all these issues that are probably gonna flow into age of ultron or that new thanos story that's coming up and it just all seems a bit much. Plus their all priced at 3.99 or more...ill pass. And after AvX I have a feeling these events are gonna be long as heck. I know what the reviews say and I do feel like I'm missing out on great material but I don't wanna get trapped into buying all these issues and the events that go along with them. I love hickmens work though. Don't love the price. And they also come out twice a month :(

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
@TheCowman said:

@Markus_Langbourn:

If it wasn't for the fact that this has been going on since comics were first created, I'd probably be really bothered by it. Heck, DC pretty much erased two of my all time favorite comic book characters from existence for the time being. Marvel has a book centered around killing off a load of other characters I was genuinely interested in.

Yeah, that'd be pretty upsetting if not for the fact that its nothing new. The only difference these days is that we have the internet to voice our opinions on. Whether those opinions be well thought out discussions about what you find lacking in Marvel Comics or simple "Marvel SUCKS, yo" blanket statements.

Well that's just incorrect, and I never said DC wasn't as bad as Marvel. Hell, the New 52 is worse. Doesn't change the fact we're in a golden age of creator laziness where characters are killed and resurrected as evil robotmen because the writer doesn't have an original thought. Yeah, it happened in the old days, but the thing is, when it happened, that writer copped abuse and was fired. Now, Marvel and DC just urinate on fans and expect them to ask for more.
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@TheCowman said:

@Markus_Langbourn:

You sir have earned a follower.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By entropy_aegis

They both suck these days and it's cause of fanboys who are willing to buy crap,DC is no better than Marvel.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheCowman

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Well that's just incorrect, and I never said DC wasn't as bad as Marvel. Hell, the New 52 is worse. Doesn't change the fact we're in a golden age of creator laziness where characters are killed and resurrected as evil robotmen because the writer doesn't have an original thought. Yeah, it happened in the old days, but the thing is, when it happened, that writer copped abuse and was fired. Now, Marvel and DC just urinate on fans and expect them to ask for more.

Eh, if you say so.

Personally, I've always found "it was so much better in the olden days" arguments to be mostly due to the nostalgia-goggles. But then, I'm no expert. Just going off of personal experience; which I think is the only thing you CAN go off of when it comes to entertainment.

Also, this view of Marvel and DC as looming, villainous entities whose only desire is to torture the consumers who use their products kinda makes me roll my eyes too. Businesses will do whatever gets them the most money. So if they're making these decisions, it must mean that people like them enough to buy them. Sure, there are instances when someone in power favors their personal viewpoint, but that's not the majority.

So again, that kinda goes back to my initial statement. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Let your money do the talking. Cause blogs and petitions are useless. If you just want to rant a bit and let off steam, more power to you. I do that all the time myself. But let's keep it realistic, huh?

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
@TheCowman said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Eh, if you say so.

Personally, I've always found "it was so much better in the olden days" arguments to be mostly due to the nostalgia-goggles. But then, I'm no expert. Just going off of personal experience; which I think is the only thing you CAN go off of when it comes to entertainment.

Also, this view of Marvel and DC as looming, villainous entities whose only desire is to torture the consumers who use their products kinda makes me roll my eyes too. Businesses will do whatever gets them the most money. So if they're making these decisions, it must mean that people like them enough to buy them. Sure, there are instances when someone in power favors their personal viewpoint, but that's not the majority.

So again, that kinda goes back to my initial statement. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Let your money do the talking. Cause blogs and petitions are useless. If you just want to rant a bit and let off steam, more power to you. I do that all the time myself. But let's keep it realistic, huh?

Go to one of the blogs on the current writers. 90% are egotistical and disrespectful of anyone outside of their clique. But hey, roll your eyes, guess that stops you seeing forward.
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By longbowhunter

The only company really batting a thousand is probably Image. Even if a title isn't good, take comfort in knowing the creators were at least allowed to make the book they wanted. Marvel and DC are the same to me. Both have a lot of junk but if you're smart you know what's worth your time and money.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@TheCowman: Watching characters you've grown up with and who have changed your lives be destroyed for the sake of a dollar is not so easy to deal with.

Wow ... over exaggerate much?

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Yes, because the world is an oh-so-wonderful place where everyone is treated fairly, and teenagers go through high school with lots of friends and are never once bullied or cast aside. Because no one ever retreats to fantasy universes to escape the drudgery and misery of their pointless lives. 

That was sarcasm, by the way. Thought I'd best make sure you were aware.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Yes, because the world is an oh-so-wonderful place where everyone is treated fairly, and teenagers go through high school with lots of friends and are never once bullied or cast aside. Because no one ever retreats to fantasy universes to escape the drudgery and misery of their pointless lives. That was sarcasm, by the way. Thought I'd best make sure you were aware.

It seems you're the one who has trouble grasping the obvious. Wasn't commenting on what comics may, or may not have, done for you personally. As honestly, I don't care. I thought it abundantly obvious I was referring to the drama dripping implication that all these characters are only now somehow being 'destroyed for the sake of a dollar' nonsense. Which is, in fact, an over exaggeration.

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Yes, because the world is an oh-so-wonderful place where everyone is treated fairly, and teenagers go through high school with lots of friends and are never once bullied or cast aside. Because no one ever retreats to fantasy universes to escape the drudgery and misery of their pointless lives. That was sarcasm, by the way. Thought I'd best make sure you were aware.

It seems you're the one who has trouble grasping the obvious. Wasn't commenting on what comics may, or may not have, done for you personally. As honestly, I don't care. I thought it abundantly obvious I was referring to the drama dripping implication that all these characters are only now somehow being 'destroyed for the sake of a dollar' nonsense. Which is, in fact, an over exaggeration.

Wait, you mean they're not being destroyed for exactly one dollar? :O
Holy crap, you're an economic genius. Thank you ever so much for your insight.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Wait, you mean they're not being destroyed for exactly one dollar? :O Holy crap, you're an economic genius. Thank you ever so much for your insight.

You realize that sarcasm (of this variety) is an infantile defense mechanism used by those with absolutely nothing more to contribute, and for those whose baseless arguments and / or complaints have been exposed for the self-indulgent nonsense that they are right?

As long as that's clear, you keep on trucking along champ.

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Wait, you mean they're not being destroyed for exactly one dollar? :O Holy crap, you're an economic genius. Thank you ever so much for your insight.

You realize that sarcasm (of this variety) is an infantile defense mechanism used by those with absolutely nothing more to contribute, and for those whose baseless arguments and / or complaints have been exposed for the self-indulgent nonsense that they are right?

As long as that's clear, you keep on trucking along champ.

And yet...

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Oh look! Hypocrisy for all to see! 

Sarcasm and cynicism is the refuge of a intelligent man in a sea of ignorance.