Marvel Brings Back Treasury Editions With SPIDEY

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Swing into action True Believer and witness the return of the famous Marvel Treasury Edition! Gone from comic shops for nearly 35 years, be there as this long-lost format makes its big comeback with SPIDEY: ALL-NEW TREASURY EDITION VOL. 1! Presented in an oversized tabloid size format, this can’t miss tome collects the first five issues of Robbie Thompson and Nick Bradshaw’s hit series SPIDEY! Prepare for a webslinging Spider-Man experience like no other when the oversized adventures of teenage Peter Parker are released this June!

No Caption Provided

“Nick Bradshaw’s work on SPIDEY practically leaps off the page,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “We knew we had to do something special for fans of this series. And since Robbie Thompson does such a wonderful job of capturing the early days of Peter Parker’s super hero career, we though SPIDEY was the perfect title to bring back this classic comic format.”

Today, he’s the world’s greatest super hero. But before he was amazing, he was just Spidey. Class is in session as he faces off against Doctor Octopus, the Sandman, the Lizard, the Vulture and more iconic Spider-Man rogues! Strap in and suit up as Thompson and Bradshaw bring you an action-packed thrill ride through Peter Parkers early days. Don’t miss the SPIDEY: ALL-NEW TREASURY EDITION VOL. 1 when it comes to comic shops and wherever books are sold this June!

SPIDEY: ALL-NEW TREASURY EDITION VOL. 1 TPB

Collecting SPIDEY #1 - #5

Written by ROBBIE THOMPSON

Art & Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

112 pgs….$15.99

Darksideous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

'Today, he’s the world’s greatest super hero.'

Ah so satisfying to hear.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I was gonna complain about the price and page count but then I saw the size. Pretty cool.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Spiderman´s groin

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pretty amazing.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

So.....treasury just means bigger?

Kgphil01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So a "Treasury Edition" is just a bigger Trade book? Either way I'm absolutely loving this run so far. No convoluted arcs, no political agenda. Just great single issue spider-man adventures with classic villains! I'm really enjoying all the spider-man books right now but this one is by far the one I look forward to the most every issue!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is this series canon to the 616 universe ??

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this new stories or reprints?

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By JamesSpiring

Is this series canon to the 616 universe ??

Yeah - set between Amazing Fantasy 15 and Amazing Spider-Man 1, I think. Or at least very early in ASM's run. It has of course been updated to feature modern tech though, as those 1960s comics would now be set around the year 2000.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@digifiend: I read them yesterday and IF it is in fact canon, it seems it takes place after ASM #10 since he already knows and has faced Sandman, Lizard and Doctor Octopus.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This title is good.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So treasury edition is just a wider and a little higher version of trade paper back? Why was this kind of format gone for 35 years?