• 84 results
#51 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: Stan Lee, Marv Wolfman, Gerry Conway, Tom DeFalco, JMS, Brian Michael Bendis,

J.M. DeMatties, Roger Stern, Matt Fraction, David Michelinie, Peter David and sometimes Jeph Loeb.

Didn't know that Fraction wrote spider-man, neverless your list does show you know alot about good spider-man writers.

Considering that waid isn't trying to hype up daredevil, like his previous issues, gives me the hope that waid wants to make something big with spider-man.

#52 Posted by AlKusanagi (605 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for the limited series about his father's brother's cousin's former roommate.

#53 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

no no no no..a long lost sister?! You want a story..tell one about the Spider baby from the Clone saga. Don't just make up some nonsense that has nothing to do with the characters history. At this point in the game Peter doesn't need a lost sister, she adds nothing to the Spider-man Universe. and I swear if they turn this into a She Hulk/Hulk bloodtransfusion and..boom...a new Spider-Girl...grrrrrrr just getting angry thinking of the ways they can screw this up.

#54 Posted by notorious_g3 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa said:

not a big of the art . as a cover sure but past that ... no thank you

Agreed. I'm not a painted fan in general. Always comes off as pretentious to me. This story must be important because it's painted!

#55 Posted by ptigrusmagus (490 posts) - - Show Bio

Painted is just an art style like any other style it has its pros and cons. Maybe the pretense comes from personal preconceived notions...

#56 Posted by VeganDiet (1062 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: Fraction has written only one Spider-man issue, but it was absolutely great. It was Sensational Spider-man Annual #1. I believe it won or was nominated for an Eisner or something, as well.

He's also written him pretty well in guest appearances. I would love for him to take over after Slott's run.

#57 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

wow. guess otto is here through 2014 as well =(

#58 Posted by Celestialseed (96 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the article and this is what I got:

Blah, blah, blah... James Robinson... Blah, blah, blah... Peter Parker's sister, Teresa(?!?!?!)... Blah, blah, blah... timeless(?)

Color me confused!

Then don't read it. Geez.

#59 Posted by ILLO_29 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds interesting, we'll have to how it comes out. I'll wait until I read it to pass judgement on it since, you know it's not out yet and I (or anyone for that matter) know jack about the actual story will be or how it will turn out.

#60 Posted by ravisher (689 posts) - - Show Bio

hope he doesn't

#61 Posted by Trevel8182 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Parker already has siblings.

#62 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like a "What If...?" reality to me and in that case I'm not as shocked as I was upon learning about it. I'll have to try it out eventually!

#63 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7030 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't look that bad I guess, considering what they've been doing with Spider-Man recently. I'm all ears for this. Hopefully it makes sense and can be a good read. Judging from what they're trying to do, it sounds like this is merely meant to be an independent story, rather than an important event in Spider-Man's history.

#65 Edited by leokearon (1802 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds interesting but it seems to be an alternate reality tale.

#67 Posted by freeballer (61 posts) - - Show Bio

do they really believe this will re-juvinate the series? Its hacky writing and it wreaks of deperation for new storylines. Brand new day, ends of the earth, "superior" spider-ock... Now, this!? Just a ploy for sales, and a pitiful one at that.

#68 Edited by spidermonkey2099 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

That art is amazing! Story sound intriguing too... can't wait to get it!

#69 Posted by SoA (4828 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

This actually looks like it comes from an old graphic novel about the Sinister Six. In that, it turns out she isn't really his sister, but this will be neat...
as long as they don't bring back Peter into the main continuity yet. I'm not ready yet. I like Superior.

#71 Posted by PunyParker (10725 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Pete.....its in May 2014....that something to consider...

#72 Edited by Michael_Moran (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Iffy on the idea...love the art

#73 Posted by butters911 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

I love mark Waid, and the art looks amazing. Color me interested.

#74 Posted by AkaBoAli (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Waid is writing it and I'm gonna buy it. Simple!

#75 Posted by pjcooper1986 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: then they are wrong. how can it be in continuity?

peter parker having a sister?

he's an only child. the only way i can get around this is that his sister was born of a later date before his parents died and also how is this possible when doc ock is parker now?

comic writers have lost their edge since 70's to late 90's

#76 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Edited by Shadowsnake89 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, this could be very entertaining. I'll buy it.

#78 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Great artwork

#79 Edited by DadaHyena (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes continuity needs to be put on the shelf for the sake of a good single story, so here's hoping this one is good.

Incidentally, the only other Spidey tale I know of revolving around a possible Parker sister was the Sinister Six trilogy of novels by Adam-Troy Castro (spoiler: the girl in question was not really his sister).

#80 Edited by notorious_g3 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@ptigrusmagus said:

Painted is just an art style like any other style it has its pros and cons. Maybe the pretense comes from personal preconceived notions...

May very well be. Just a vibe I get... I am not saying that it is the creator's intention. I find that my tastes in art fall outside that of most fandom. I do not see the appeal of Jim Lee, Ryan Stegman or Nick Bradshaw, for instance, where a good deal of fans do.

#81 Posted by sora_thekey (8171 posts) - - Show Bio

@celestialseed said:

@sora_thekey said:

I read the article and this is what I got:

Blah, blah, blah... James Robinson... Blah, blah, blah... Peter Parker's sister, Teresa(?!?!?!)... Blah, blah, blah... timeless(?)

Color me confused!

Then don't read it. Geez.

It's sort of hilarious that you think this comment was intended for mockery.

#82 Edited by Frost_the_GIANT (5 posts) - - Show Bio

This seems like a very cool and interesting novel! I can't wait till comes out!!!!

#83 Posted by Lvenger (19807 posts) - - Show Bio

...Wait what? Peter has a sister now? Is this canon or not? Waid's making things a bit ambiguous as to when this takes place. I'm not a fan of shoehorning new bits of the mythology into comic book characters just for the sake of change. And Waid's Spider-Man work isn't wholly loved like most of his work.

#84 Posted by benblanks86 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Kudos to Kingpin wearing an acapulco shirt under his business attire. Stellar creative team, consider my interest piqued.

#85 Posted by Neogamebuddy (34 posts) - - Show Bio

You think she might meet her other brother one day (kaine) ?

#86 Posted by Magnetic_Eye (254 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading the over-rated SSM CRAP, this will be a welcome relief.

#87 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

Dellotto ... love his art.