inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Two of the biggest comics of the year are about to get bigger! Today, Marvel is proud to announce that the chart-topping, critically adored first issues of Star Wars and Darth Vader will return to comic shops this June for the STAR WARS #1 DIRECTOR’S CUT and DARTH VADER #1 DIRECTOR’S CUT!

Experience the monumental return of the iconic Star Wars franchise to the House of Ideas with the first issues of these two blockbuster ongoing series! Taking place immediately after the events of Star Wars: A New Hope, these two explosive comics follow new adventures of beloved characters from the original trilogy! Created in close partnership with Lucasfilm, these new Star Wars titles exist as part of the canon for the Star Wars universe!

Each director’s cut version features the entire first issue – read STAR WARS #1 or DARTH VADER #1 again or for the very first time! Then, go behind the scenes as you experience the making of these two landmark debuts. See script pages and in-progress artwork from each issue as the Star Wars universe is brought to life as only Marvel could!

Marvel’s burgeoning Star Wars line has already taken the industry by storm, topping charts, returning for multiple printings and embraced by fans and critics alike. The world of Star Wars has made its historic return to Marvel, and no fan can afford to miss out on both these blockbuster ongoing series. Don’t miss the STAR WARS #1 DIRECTOR’S CUT and DARTH VADER #1 DIRECTOR’S CUT – coming to comic shops this June!

STAR WARS #1 DIRECTOR’S CUT

Written by JASON AARON

Art & Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

FOC – 05/25/15. On-Sale 06/17/15

DARTH VADER #1 DIRECTOR’S CUT

No Caption Provided

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Art & Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA

FOC – 05/25/15. On-Sale 06/17/15

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By John-PH

It would be funny if they made Special Edition versions with new "improvements' just for a laugh

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

pfft

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

...is George Lucas back in charge?

LordRyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LordRyus

These aren't canon though, right? Just a sales grab of which I will buy just to see the early concepts case I'm a proud crazy star wars fan

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Kay

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

@lordryus: Yeah its canon. Disney owns both. so what ever marvel puts out for star wars should be canon as long as they run it by lucas to see what they Can't do.

SuperiorBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that last page needed more banthas...

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This is not the first time that a 'directors cut' of a comic is made.

LordRyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trodorne: You misunderstood. I meant if the director cut is or isn't canon, not the regular issue. I knew the regular issue was part of continuity... else I wouldn't have bought over 60 copies of Star Wars #1 (Ive got most of the variants)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I will be so incredibly happy if they add in a bunch of random dewbacks in the background of the art haha.