Marvel and DC will end up oversaturating the market

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

5 years from now their will be even more Superhero films coming than their are now. DC,Marvel,Fox,Sony I mean DC is just now joining in do you guys think since DC and Marvel will most likely will be oversaturating the market it will make people have a less desire to see some of the other superhero films? X-men,Spider-man/or expect alot more out of them

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I think by the time DC/WB really get the ball rolling on their projects, the bubble will have burst.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DwightSpitz

Will end up? What other superhero films? Man theres nothing but DC or Marvel out there. Vertigo belongs to DC, so Watchmen are all DC characters (just not part of the regular DC Universe).

Or do you mean like the Avengers & Justice League will kill all solo/other-movies? Nah, thats not going to happen. We might see a lot more duos/co-appearances but I dont see them getting smashed out by Avengers/JL.

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will end up? What other superhero films? Man theres nothing but DC or Marvel out there. Vertigo belongs to DC, so Watchmen are all DC characters (just not part of the regular DC Universe).

Or do you mean like the Avengers & Justice League will kill all solo/other-movies? Nah, thats not going to happen. We might see a lot more duos/co-appearances but I dont see them getting smashed out by Avengers/JL.

Thats What I ment

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think by the time DC/WB really get the ball rolling on their projects, the bubble will have burst.

I dont know...their aren't much Superhero films coming out between here and when BvS releases Besides Avengers 2 and Ant-man,Guardians of The Galaxy. I think Ant-man and F4 are the only superhero films for 2015.I think all it will do is increase people's expectations from what to expect from these films and soon people's definition of mediocre will change.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DwightSpitz

I still cant believe the F4 were chosen so long before so many other Marvel creations, Dr. Doom is basically the only one who doesnt suck in that series... although maybe Im just saying that because the movies were so bad (not good bad, bad bad).

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still waiting for that Deadpool movie.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I still cant believe the F4 were chosen so long before so many other Marvel creations, Dr. Doom is basically the only one who doesnt suck in that series... although maybe Im just saying that because the movies were so bad (not good bad, bad bad).

The movies were bad, the comics, when written by good writers who understand them, are exceptionally good and very underrated. Besides, the F4 were Marvel's first family, the genesis of the Marvel Universe. Without them, you wouldn't have the Marvel Universe as you do now. There's a lot more to them than comic book fans think there is.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiemowlcher: Sorry man,but I don't think thats going to happen for awhile. Ryan Reynolds has been trying to bring that make to life since 2012 and still nothing he really should of stuck to Green Lantern and tried to get back at that instead of deadpool. It's going to be hard to get a R-rated Deadpool movie without introducing him into X-men or a Wolverine movie first . Green Lantern isn't as hard to pull off as Deadpool is.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With so many genres that go into a superhero movie I don't think it'll ever "burst". Sure they may all share a hero fighting bad guys but the same could be said about most movies it's the tone and the genre that presents them as different.

The Guardians of the Galaxy's space adventure doesn't look like Captain America The First Avenger's period piece which doesn't look like Iron Man's sci-fi adventure which doesn't look like Thor's fantastical world of elves and Asgard which doesn't look like the evil within monster movie of The Incredible Hulk.

The movies are different. Slapping the label of superhero movie and calling them all the same is like marginalizing other movies in the same manner.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FearTheLiving

@flameboy298: Avengers Age of Ultron and Ant-Man are 2015. Guardians of the Galaxy is this year.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With so many genres that go into a superhero movie I don't think it'll ever "burst". Sure they may all share a hero fighting bad guys but the same could be said about most movies it's the tone and the genre that presents them as different.

The Guardians of the Galaxy's space adventure doesn't look like Captain America The First Avenger's period piece which doesn't look like Iron Man's sci-fi adventure which doesn't look like Thor's fantastical world of elves and Asgard which doesn't look like the evil within monster movie of The Incredible Hulk.

The movies are different. Slapping the label of superhero movie and calling them all the same is like marginalizing other movies in the same manner.

This.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Its all ready been nearly 15 years since cbm's first got popular and it hasn't busted yet. Its only gained momentum by the year.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its all ready been nearly 15 years since cbm's first got popular and it hasn't busted yet. Its only gained momentum by the year.

First got popular? Superman and Batman movies don't count?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@fallschirmjager said:

First got popular? Superman and Batman movies don't count?

Perhaps first was a bad term, but the last Batman film killed CBM's for a number of years. X-Men revived it and more than that, established CBM's as a genre that could be taken seriously not just campy genre movies.

TDK then proved not only could CBM's be taken seriously, but they could be all time great. and so on and so forth

only gained momentum since then. even with a few bads it hasn't stopped this time

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Do people get tired of comedy or romance movies? No. I don't see people getting tired of cbms anytime soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd like to see original films showcasing new characters not previously known. I loved Hancock.