Marvel and DC: Can There Really Be Only One?

• 128 results
Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I have to agree both companies have high points that the other dosent and that is what makes them good.
darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By darkcloakx

marvel more relateable like spiderman, x-men, venom, wolverine everything is  not so black and white like it is with DC. 
Marvel feels  like the real world heroes live and die or become a villian or anti-hero snd their are more diverse than DC  
DC is perfect good hearted heroes  who focus on the same heroes over and over again. batman, superman, green lantern flash, plus they are less diverse. 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

@GLCorps2814 said:

Anybody can give reasons for Marvel and DC to fight, what I wanna see is them fighting together against something that could potentially threaten both, that would more interesting, we saw the fight against each other, now lets see the teamup of two companies, two universes massing against something truly dangerous

Piracy? Just saying.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@InnerVenom123 said:
  I love 'em both, just that I don't read DC's comics (I do watch their animated features, play their games, and watch their movies), and I read Marvel's comics on top of the other stuff.
Funny, I do the opposite. I buy and read DC but still pay attention to Marvel.
batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By batman_is_god

"Superman IS the Nietzschean Übermensch, Batman is a wealthy ladies' man and the greatest martial artist/detective in the world, Green Lantern is a fictionalized version of real-life test pilot Chuck Yeager gifted with superpowers, Flash IS the Fastest Man Alive (TM)" 

Awesome. These guys are gods. 

"Spider-Man: a nerd whose first act as a superhero is to make a massive mistake that defines his entire career. The X-Men: people who are loathed by the world straight out of puberty, yet they feel compelled to fight for the people who want them dead. Even Captain America, Marvel's super-soldier paragon, started out as a scrawny kid who wanted so desperately to fight the Nazis that he'd submit to a procedure that had killed almost everyone who'd previously tried it." 

The people's champs.
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By longbowhunter

I hate when people only follow one or the other. There is no reason to pick sides. I go where the good stories are no matter what company is putting it out.
Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Sobe Cin

I'm primerily a marvel guy, I really love reading the X-Men and Thunderbolts, also enjoy Hawkeye a lot more than Green Arrow. 

However I love the Teen Titans from DC, they are by far my favorite title from that company. 

Also I read Star Wars- which of course is Dark Horse. 

However when it comes to the movies- I've been for the most part dissappointed in the comic related ones. Outside of The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, X-Men: First Class, Blade 1 & 2, Incredible Hulk (w/ Edward Norton), Iron Man, Spider-Man 1 & 2, Daredevil (director's cut) and X-2: X-Men United. The movies have been sort of meh, as much as I want to see the Avengers on the big screen- I'd rather have a full length animated Avengers movie released to the theatre's; they can do so much- especially if they follow the recent cartoon. 

As for cartoons- it doesn't matter the company I'll watch them- even the inept Brave and the Bold.
Baron_Emo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Baron_Emo

My interest with comics began with animated shows. I was the right age to watch Batman: TAS, X-Men, and Spider-Man '94. The heroes featured in these show remain my favorites to date. I did not begin to read current comics until my 20's. Initially it was short run or limited series regarding the previously mentioned characters. I had no interest in ongoing titles or major events. Fast forward to today. Marvel is most certainly my preferred company. I keep up with the major events and read multiple ongoing titles. I read current Bat-titles, but that's all I touch of DC. Why? I believe it is because of accessibility. Everything from frequent use of issue recaps, to current Marvel films, even to the availability of the unlimited Marvel digital comics subscriptions has effectively driven me more toward Marvel. DC's somewhat un-relatable characters (to me, at least) as well as my vast unfamiliarity with the characters has prevented me from growing as warm to the publisher as I am to Marvel. I hold no ill will towards DC. In fact, I frequently feel I am missing out great comics and I am currently trying to develop more interest in DC. In my opinion, Marvel has simply made it much easier for me to become a fan. 

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60  Edited By Feliciano2040
@Misterwizz: Among several reasons, still, I think DC's lack of initiative is what's really bringing them down.
CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#61  Edited By CrimsonTempest

To all the people here, I only need to say this:
Secret Six.
 I'm a DC guy.

No Caption Provided
Transmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By Transmetal

Screw them both...between DC's revamp and Marvel's Fear Itself both are ticking me off
CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#63  Edited By CrimsonTempest
@Jordanstine said:
 DC especially the Justice League is a good example of a wrestling slogan from WCW back in the 1990's "it's where the big boys play", but ironically it's a show more aimed for the kids. While Marvel, like the WWE, was actually the product more big boys watch.
You're kidding right? WCW went bankrupt and was bought by WWE. WWE programming right now, is aimed at little children, with John Cena being the face of the company a la Spider-Man is with Marvel. They have the Super-Hero Squad Show, for Christ's sake! Whereas DC came off from finishing Smallville, going to release Batman: Year One this summer, and have Batman: The Brave and the Bold, a show that for all its kid-friendly visuals and stories, draw heavily from DC stories of old. This logic you brought up is at fault.
WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By WonderBoy1132

Nerds all over have pondered this question...  

result:

The world may never know.

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By spidershamrock

i like Marvel more but im a fan of both but their crappy continuity shake-ups and fake deaths really piss me off. I wonder when both companies decide to age their characters and replace them with younger versions or different characters altogether

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#66  Edited By pspin

While I prefer Marvel over DC I really like both, they both make great stories and should both be read. 

Another difference between the companies is that Marvel is more team-centric while DC is more "lone hero" centric. This causes major differences in the style that the companies show. There are probably more Avengers teams thatn there are teams in the DCU, this isnt a bad thing, it just means that you see certain characters (Wolverine) more. In DC you might not see characters like Batman outside of a Bat Comic or Justice league comic.  

To me these different style leads to DC having more supporting characters so the individual-based comics (Batman, Superman) dont get stale so you wnd up with the Bat Family and Super Family. While in Marvel you have a team of similar roster going on different adventures so you dont need to come up with new characters all the time, just enough to avoid being stale. 

Anywy, I like both companies, they both make great stories and as long as they continue to do so, I will read both.
UnosInfinitos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By UnosInfinitos
@GraveSp: So Green Arrow has the same problems as Paris Hilton
longas91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By longas91
@TheIncredibleNightcrawler1999: I agree 110%
Avatar image for quiksilver70777
quiksilver70777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By quiksilver70777

I read both DC and Marvel, but I purchase more DC comics. I spend like 60 dollars a week on comics which in average 40 dollars goes to DC. I also read Boom comics love the Darkwing Duck (one of my favorite comics of all time) comics and also read Chip and Dale and duck tale comics. 
The problem I have with marvel is that it doesn't give me what I want. My favorite charater in the Marvel universe is Hulk and Gambit. I don't purchase the X men comics till its release in a graphic novel and I find out if Gambit plays important role. I do purchase the Incredible Hulk and Hulk (AKA Red Hulk) comics, but  i rather have an extra Hulk title than the Red Hulk title. 
DC gives me what I want many Batman titles and Green Lantern titles but lately the stories have been really good. I been contemplating on dropping most DC comics. I love the Green Lantern comics and in my opinion the only good 3 titles from DC. Batman is my favorite character in DC comics but I hate what they done with its legacy. I have come very close  in dropping the Batman titles since I read all of them. I love reading Batman every week, but the quality of the stories is just horrible. I dont even recognize Batman any more. Batman use to work in the shadows and the criminals of Gotham really didn't know if he was an urban myth or real. Batman was also a loner and mysteries character, now he has a Bat gang all over the world and many people know that he is Bruce. As a college student that only works part time and loves to read comics and its on a budget. If the quality continues to be below average I will stop to purchase comics in general and maybe just purchase the HULK and Green Lantern when they are release as a graphic novel.  I love Superman but havent be to crazy about the comics. Haven't purchase a Justice League comic in years and only recently I purchase the  issue with the Doomsday tile in. Not to crazy about Wonder Woman either, The only reason I purchase the comics is because I am loyal to the characters, but if this continues I will stop to buy comics because I am getting tired of the bad writing. Batman INC has been the worst comic I have ever read but its doesnt say much due to the resent overall run of just bad writing like Final Crisis, Batman RIP, Wonder Woman and Superman in general. 
I could care less which company is better. What I want is stories that are faith full to the characters and good writing.

VanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By VanAce

I think it shouldn't matter which publisher a comic is from if you enjoy it then it shouldn't matter. A person is the right to a preference but some neckbeards take  it a bit too seriously and make a big deal about it. They almost make it sound like they are discussing political sides.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#71  Edited By Darkmount1

Okay, this article further reminds me that when it comes to this debate, I am 100% neutral. I love both companies, not for the mistakes they've made, but for the good stuff they've done. I don't believe there can only be one, but both of these companies, in terms of their characters, need to make them all "balanced". As stated by many others, DC's heroes and heroines are near-flawless, while Marvel's are nearly too flawed.  They need to balance each other out: superhuman, yet still human. 

This is why they work differently in my fanfic universe (which has the DCAU and MAU as part of its baseline): they aren't exactly center-stage, they share the spotlight 24/7 with the other focuses of my stories--the Godzilla pantheon, the Transformers (mainly the Autobots and Maximals), GI Joe, and others. If anything, the heroes of both DC and Marvel in these stories are ultimately in awe of the three groups: how monsters no different yet different from normal animals, despite their radioactive origins and their fear by all humans (and that includes mutants) manage to save the world over and over; how a group of sentient robots, despite their size, longevity and power hold all life sacred; and how a military organization of ordinary people are willing to put their lives on the line to keep an organization (s) dedicated to global domination from attaining that goal. Bottom line is, THESE three, in my stories, are who the superheroes look up to.
Migz13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Migz13

I like both. (though I'm more of a DC fanboy nowadays all thanks to Batman) 
Personally I think DC and Marvel represent superheroes in either two familiar or possibly contrasting ways. 
DC has superheroes that are 'legendary' in nature. They are THE best of the best, and you're right about them being comparable to archetypal figures like Hercules, Beowulf or King Arthur. They are gods and goddesses in their own way. Marvel on the other hand has modernized versions of these figures and tend to get them grounded as much as possible. Their characters are, simply put, ordinary individuals gifted with extraordinary abilities. They have problems and are often neurotic in nature, which gives them that relatable persona.

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By Om1kron

I think being a fanboi is stupid, but then again as an artist I never followed certain characters, I followed artists and some writers. Because that's what brings a comic book to life. Travis Charest and Greg Capullo for example, Greg has drawn for Marvel, went Image, went rogue, went back to image, now is going to DC. I'm eager to see his batman, and how he breathes life into that character.

Travis is just a cover artist for whoever publishes star wars books (shows how much I care about publishers) Before you couldn't touch him. Joe Mad, what the hell happened to that guy?

Comic book characters from either company seem to be desperate for your money when they end up losing a key member in a creative team that's making them steady money on a monthly title. As soon as the sales drop because the replacements aren't cutting it, they do something retarded like killing spider-man, the human torch, breaking batmans back, making venom a good guy in a now white costume, or daredevil just a blank book opened up and having the results of the creative teams culminated enema splash onto the pages for us to go WTF?

I don't follow big publisher books, I just follow artists who I've grown a liking to.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#74  Edited By Cafeterialoca

Your top book is Identity Crisis?!
The RAPE book?!
I stopped reading there!

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By labarith

Wow, what an absolutely horrible list. 

No offense. 

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By perry_411

Marvel is better. They don't have to reset the universe all the time.

Newport1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Newport1991

i dont think either are superior they both thrive on there respective competition they make each  other better, and other up incoming companies learn from there mistakes and success such as image, dark horse and etc.

-Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By -Vigil-

I like Marvel slightly better, but I love them both. And yeah, Identity Crisis is amazing.

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79  Edited By Pizawle

In the end, it comes down to personal preference. Both companies are flawed but they still bring out a bevy of strong story-telling, every year.

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Larkin1388

I feel that DC lacks imagination. I feel that Marvel thinks more outside the box than DC. Marvel FTW!

Maki_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#81  Edited By Maki_P

When I got into comics a couple of years ago I got into DC, I don't remember why; and there's where I stayed. With all the Marvel movies coming out I've been looking into them; and while I enjoy them, specially Thor, I can seem to go beyond a dip. I feel Marvel is missing something, I think it might be the Greatness, the Majesty, the larger than life quality DC heroes have. In the DC Multiverse normal people look up to heroes, in Marvel they distrust them; that's not a bad thing it's just not my thing.
I found the DC Multiverse much nicer and optimistic than the Marvel, and in the current state of the world I really need something to lift my spirits not remind me how much the world sucks. It's called escapism for a reason

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#82  Edited By J1ml33

dc comics is basically God-land ( I like dc for it`s inherent silliness and vast history  since it`s 1st   inception ) : why you ask well here i go with this .. DC comics is in away the forerunner of everything we take for granted in what we all buy , consume , read and even watch everyday . yes DC comics has superman ( basically Jesus ) Batman ( basically the holy spirit of the trinity or Holy terror if you prefer ) and Wonder Woman ( she is basically Mother / Electra  warrior fighting God of the other two )  anyways every other ground breaking modern advances as brought to us by Alan Moore and friends from vertigo from the 80s , All I can honestly say is DC to me personally likes to take few if not more risk with unusual material ( heck even their silver-age material was anything but sane but then again it was fun , even Grant Morrison`s Run on the Doom Patrol is something I look at as being the most lively ,well sociable Pink Elephant in the room that will take you out to diner and treat you will nice and in the end if your nice and say the safe word Hit you up side the head with a stiletto and take your money from your wallet while you lie unconscious  in a sleazy hotel located in the narrows in Gotham City . but enough of that DC comics as far as I am concern they put out Wild and Crazy Work  ( I mostly speak about their Early 90s vertigo stuff and a few of their other canceled titled I used to own randomly from way back when ) in many ways I grew up with DC (mostly the animation and I had read a lot of stuff from back then such as the new teen titans hardcover and almost everything else over time and I have come to accept that DC is progressive in some areas and not so much in others but hey I am not jim lee running the zoo over there or things would be a little bit differently right now but that is another fever dream for another time my final point is DC comics is about extreme escapism  and not trying to be realistic (kinda like the bible in some respects ) anyways DC comics is like the Old testament and New testament as if written by Grant Morrison ,Alan Moore and friends since before any of us were born . ( and wildstorm was liken to the dead sea scrolls but that is another rant for another time ) but DC comics  basically about gods who live ,breath and walk among us mortals . 

Marvel comics is the counter New Testament  /Old Testament  and is more in line of what our world would be if the gods where more or less like us meer mortals ( everyone is imperfect ,everyone makes mistakes , some things cannot be undone -I do stress some things ) and it`s basically that ..just a little bit more riskier than DC (by just a tad )   but marvel does play at the heart strings at times And is a little melodramatic at times but that too is what made it fun in it`s heyday . marvel can still be fun but You would have to look hard enough to find it . marvel has evolved during the 2000s (that was in which I found some hope during this time because they was doing something different ) I do not like one company over another just because Of a few minor differences and a few ugly flaws or what have you but My personal thoughts on both of them is that everything we enjoy and take for granted today we partly if not full owe to them both . (that includes  some of the silly ,stupid ,crazy , gimmicky , mass media loving ,ultra slick marketing they are both really good at to this very day ) is something that most companies envy to try and out match them both to this very day  to be just as good if not better . I look at Marvel and DC as two Of the Hottest chicks in the room ( DC being Sasha Grey ) and (Marvel being Joanna Angel ) 
their both are very talented and work with very talented people and they love money (and you if you treat them right ) ^_^ but in the end which one really took you for a ride and Was the cover price of $2.99 or $4.99 worth it true believer ? ( I like them both equally for what they bring to the table ) and that is Entertainment and a Experience that I will never forget .)

No Caption Provided
( She is my metaphysical representation of DC comics ) drawing the line at $ 2.99 (complete with Re-Boot/Re-vamp and Wonder Woman  Pants )

No Caption Provided
(and she is basically my metaphysical representation of Marvel comics .. The house of Ideals anyone ) everybody love her .   and we have the best comics ever nuff said . 

But like I said I like marvel and DC the same because in the end ( it`s  good storytelling and fresh Ideals that make or break comics not price tags OK sometimes price tags or costume changes ) but Comics should be fun . so go out there and have fun guys ! life is too short to fuss and fight  Viva La Christoper Walken ! 
(editors note :Both Marvel and DC are hot !) but image will always be my mistress ^_^
Khasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Khasm

I like aspects of both companies, but DC will always have my vote (looking forward to september)

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Eyz

To each their own, right? :P

Screw thze haters and all those fanboys nerd rants. Like whatever you like!

Avatar image for deactivated-5dc80e5fe9494
deactivated-5dc80e5fe9494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can we just do away with this  marvel dc bull... each company has books that are worth and  for eg i buy  jla  x-men or teen titans and wolverine..    it's not like high school all over again is it???   GROW UP!

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By batmanary

It's funny how many people here say Marvel's heroes are more human than DC, even though Marvel has more godlike characters in great supply. For instance, Galactus, Sentry, Quasar, Silver Surfer, The Watcher, Captain Marvel, Gladiator etc, etc. I find DC's characters more relatable. A guy said that Hal Jordan is simply a Superman lite. That couldn't be further from the truth, and anybody who has read Green Lantern will tell you that. In fact, for anyone who's getting into DC, Johns' GL run is a great place to start. Most people overlook DC's large stable of street-level characters because a lot of them are tied to Batman, such as Huntress, Oracle, Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing, Azrael and Catman for a few, even though they are great characters in their own right. Also, DC and Marvel both have HUGE universes, but even though both are muddled, I find DC's more interesting to follow, because their characters are well-written. Marvel's characters seem more like the same personalities with the exception of a few, and so I don't feel interested in delving into their cosmic stories, with Nova and Quasar and such. Hence the reason that the only Marvel book that interests me being Captain America...but don't get me wrong, I have sampled a LOT of other stuff, as well. Another thing that I dislike is that Marvel seems to be on an event every year basis, which is just gimmicky. To each their own, however. This is just my two cents.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#87  Edited By Nasar7

I read both but I'd have to say I like DC more.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#88  Edited By Billy Batson

I'm a DC guy. Can't stand Marvel :p 

lol at the hip-hop and rock 'n' comment. 

bb

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Equonox

I think it's a total joke that people who prefer Marvel over DC always fall back on "the characters have more normal lives and are more relatable."  Really? REALLY?  #1 This totally misses the forrest for the trees; so yea the xmen aren't well liked and spiderman is a nerd - they also still all have ridiculous superpowers at the end of the day - if you honestly tell me that they are more "relatable" to you then you either have a big head or are straight up retarded. 
#2 Why the hell would I (or ANY of you, for that matter) prefer a comic book because their characters are more "normal."  I have a normal life, as most of you do as well, with all the normal neuroses, fun stuff, and, well, normal stuff that goes along with it.  When I pick up a comic book, I don't want to see and read about people with similar stuff going on that also happen to have superpowers.  I WANT to read about fantastic, super-powered people - I want an escape from normal reality when I read comics, because it's far more entertaining and less mundane. 

I think the entire dichotomy between Marvel and DC is totally stupid.  I love both, I love a lot of characters from both, and if I were ever to compare the two I would never make the kind of asinine comparisons that have been made here and elsewhere for so long.  Stop being cocky, pseudo-intellectuals who think that you are so mature that you can't read about Supermen that may not have "normal" lives (which, mind you, many of them do for their alter-egos anyway).  These are COMIC BOOKS people - if you want realism, go pick up a memoir and chill at starbucks.  I'll be busy watching the Flash and Zoom pounding each other at light speed, having WAY more fun...
Neuron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Neuron

Hear, hear.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

I have a special place for both companies and read both, but I prefer DC and I don't know if I can get over that. I tried to read more Marvel with the upcoming revamp of DC, but I just can't get into the characters. But I still enjoy both, just one more than the other.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i tend to like dc better than Marvel just for the simple fact that i like their stories(more intereesting)  and characters(dc has superheroes while marvel has jerks with super powers)  better, although Spider-Man is just plain awesome although this rivalry has gone on for decades, i doubt it will end any time soon, as long they both live, the fans will be at war

GraveSp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#93  Edited By GraveSp
@halfpastwhenever: Maybe its because my brother is a former drug user that I think of it as a real world problem
Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Jordanstine
@CrimsonTempest said:
@Jordanstine said:
 DC especially the Justice League is a good example of a wrestling slogan from WCW back in the 1990's "it's where the big boys play", but ironically it's a show more aimed for the kids. While Marvel, like the WWE, was actually the product more big boys watch.
You're kidding right? WCW went bankrupt and was bought by WWE. WWE programming right now, is aimed at little children, with John Cena being the face of the company a la Spider-Man is with Marvel. They have the Super-Hero Squad Show, for Christ's sake! Whereas DC came off from finishing Smallville, going to release Batman: Year One this summer, and have Batman: The Brave and the Bold, a show that for all its kid-friendly visuals and stories, draw heavily from DC stories of old. This logic you brought up is at fault.
I specifically was talking about wrestling back in the 1990's. WCW's "where the big boys play" vs WWE's "attitude era". 

Aside from Batman, all of DC's big guns are the superhero icons aimed more towards the younger kids generation: Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash.  You can't argue that.  That's just how DC is generally perceived.  Marvel has a more stable balance of both, from Spider-Man and the more generational friendly Iron Man, to their more mature titles like Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Blade, Punisher, Hulk, and the X-Men, etc. Even Captain America looks like it's going to be more X-Men First Class than he'll be Superman. 

There's a reason why Blade has a film (three actually) before the more popular Flash, and the reason more Marvel characters are getting films made before DC, because companies knows the all important 18-49 demographics want their more adult/mature themed films. 
spideybigtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 4

#95  Edited By spideybigtime

I love marvel and have a lot more of it's comics than DC's but I still am also a DC fan since they actually have pretty good stories sometimes and Batman and Superman are incredible.

AdamBlair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By AdamBlair

Even though i am more of a Marvel fan i must repeat what Spoony said once: "When you have mutants you don't have to explain their origins.They are mutants." It was kinda like that.So the point is: Marvel has great and easily relateble characters but a lot of "what the hell"s.Still i like Marvel better.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By CaptainRodgers

MARVEL WINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE DC FANBOYS ! 

just kidden but in all seriousness I prefer Marvel and will hunt you down and kill you if you disagree
PhantomNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By PhantomNemesis

marvel fans are lying to them selfs when they say thier heroes are more reliable and more realistic than dc heroes. for example: 
THOR: how can people relate to a super powerfull "god" that can kill any one.and the wats up with the way he talks, no one talks like that any more. when you read his books its like your reading shakespear. most of the time you cant even understand whats he saying.i dont know who can realate to him. and no way hes realistic.

IRON MAN: who can relate to some ego maniac billionaire with an indestructable suit.  
HULK: how is turning into a dumbass monster relatable. he could get stronger and stronger to infinite levels by getting mad? no way thats not realistic
SILVER SURFER:  he's just galactus's super power servant. the only people who can relate to him are other servants. 
WOLVERINE: some short tempered phsyco who cant die because he has overpowered  healing abilities. that is niether realistic nor reliable. 

i could go on listing other heroes like spider man, every character in the fantastic four, or the xmen but that would take to long. the point is that marvel heroes are not more realistic or relatable, but thats okay hero's are not soposed to be realistic or relatble. if you want realism then you should stop  reading comics and go out into the real world with some friends. the whole point of comics is to escape reality.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By _Zombie_

Honestly, I will never side with one company over the other.  Why?  Because both have their faults, and both have the moments that remind me why I'm a comic reader.  DC has amazing storytelling, but some of their characters are a bit removed from the problems of the people they save.  Marvel does have characters who are a little more relatable, but like what is said in the article, that loses its appeal over time.  So yeah, both companies are great.  The only reason fans still get into pissing matches over it is because its fandom.  It's what people do.   Whether it be driven by support for a company or love of a character, it's just an unfortunate byproduct of comics being so popular.  Maybe one day people will get over their egos and be able to be nice to each other about this stuff, but that day won't be anytime soon.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By goldenkey

MAKE MINE MARVEL.  Having said that, this is still and endless debate.  Ive been reading something like 25 years, but Ive only really gotten into DC.  I was Batman fan, but I never really bought single issues.  I would buy the occasional graphic novels and collected stories.  I used to love wathcing BTAS and if it wasn't for the Justice League and JL unlimited I would have never started really buy DC books.  I did buy Morrison's run on JLA because it was good point to jump in.  I love them both tho.  I don't prefer one over the other, and thanks to being able to read about characters bio's here on the vine I would have been lost to a lot of what is going on in the DCU.  Using vine really helped me out.