• 129 results
Posted by Undeadpool (519 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Identity Crisis

2. Hush

3. DC Presents: The Stories of Alan Moore

4. The Long Halloween

5. Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 (The Straczynski one with Morlun)

If you asked me what my top 5 books from the Big Two are, that would be my list (Watchmen isn't included because, I don't care what the label says, that's a Vertigo book through and through). Besides my penchant for Jeph Loeb's mid-career work, you'd probably notice a pattern indicating my preference for DC books above Marvel. The strange thing is: you'd be completely wrong. If you asked me on the street, I'd say that I prefer Marvel over DC, and it's been that way since I began reading comics.

Even though that's just my personal preference, it's still a strange phenomenon that happens within The Big Two: DC has more "classic" stories, but Marvel tends to have better books overall. What is it about the two biggest competitors in the industry that lends itself to this kind of division? It goes as deep as their characters and as far as their histories, but is one company superior to the other?

== TEASER ==
Costume and minor story changes aside, Superman is basically the same character he's always been.

The two companies' overall philosophies haven't changed substantially since their inceptions in the early-to-mid twentieth century. Detective Comics Comics (don't blame me, that's what they're really called) has characters that tend to be vastly more archetypal. Superman IS the Nietzschean Übermensch, Batman is a wealthy ladies' man and the greatest martial artist/detective in the world, Green Lantern is a fictionalized version of real-life test pilot Chuck Yeager gifted with superpowers, Flash IS the Fastest Man Alive (TM), and that's the exact problem: most of DC's most prominent characters are, very simply, the greatest beings in their field or even their world before the DCU became a coherent universe.

They're mythical, even within the book itself, like Achilles or Beowulf and more often than not they're born into their abilities. Even more relatable characters like Green Arrow are immensely wealthy and don't really have "real-life" problems. This was one of the largest problems with the Green Lantern movie: it was essentially a good-looking, well-liked jock fighting against an outcast, unattractive nerd. For the core demographic of comic books, myself included, that's not exactly compelling stuff.

Now look at characters from Marvel's stable: Spider-Man: a nerd whose first act as a superhero is to make a massive mistake that defines his entire career. The X-Men: people who are loathed by the world straight out of puberty, yet they feel compelled to fight for the people who want them dead. Even Captain America, Marvel's super-soldier paragon, started out as a scrawny kid who wanted so desperately to fight the Nazis that he'd submit to a procedure that had killed almost everyone who'd previously tried it.

New villains can remind us that heroes are still human and can inspire us all over again.

When Marvel began getting into the comic business in a substantial way, their mission statement was to make characters that the average reader could relate to and for the most part they succeed. The problem arises, somewhat ironically, decades later when characters who WERE relatable because they faced real-world problems become somewhat stale when they're STILL facing those exact same problems. It's difficult to take a character like Scorpion or Arnim Zola seriously when they return for the umpteenth time to menace a hero who's already proven they're more than capable of defeating the villain, particularly when that character is supposed to be just another schlub who happens to have superpowers.

This opens another pattern in my list: the four DC stories that are my favorites (and this applies to every story in the Alan Moore book, amazingly) are all about the characters in them facing problems that actually give them pause. They prove that the gods of the DCU (and I'm not talking about those gods) are fallible. They make mistakes, and when they do there are almost always catastrophic consequences, which gives them their drive to be the greatest. Because if they're not, nobody's going to catch them when they fall. But if pressed, I'd still rather read a story about a character I can relate to in some way, so my answer remains the same. But I don't believe Marvel is intrinsically superior to DC, they simply write the kinds of stories I prefer to read.

And I suppose that's my point at the end of the day: the rivalry between the two companies isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but there's really no reason for the fans of both companies not to get along, besides the human tendency to form a community and reject those outside it. It is, of course, a matter of opinion at the end of the day, but for me personally I read different books for their different mentalities. Together the two companies put out an incredible amount of content that could appeal to nearly anyone. So rather than asking DC or Marvel, I declare DC and Marvel!

Staff
#1 Edited by StriderNo9 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Hush and Secret Identity, they would be in my top 5 also. But I would include Civil War and Death of Superman in there. I'm a big fan of both DC and Marvel. I'm a bigger Marvel fan and I have issues with some DC characters but much love to both.

#2 Posted by Black_Kn1ght (270 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope there's gonna be another Marvel vs DC comic book series again.

#3 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel vs DC... WWE vs WCW... PS3 fanboys vs XBOX fanboys... 

Goes on and on...

Back on topic... there's a reason why Marvel characters are more prominent to be starred in films compared to DC characters. 

Like you said, DC's top heroes are Gods.  Even Grant Morrison (I think that was him) said so that the Justice League are basically interpretation of the greek gods.  Even Batman, regular non-powered earthling, in the books is comic's most dangerous (some say even most powerful) Justice League character ever, even more so than Superman.  Imagine a normal human being able to stand toe to toe with even the cosmic of entities including Superman himself (here's a LINK). The only reason Batman's films have been doing good is because Chris Nolan gave Batman the "human" perspective in his film.

Whilst Marvel on the other hand, are more "human", and easier to relate to the masses because of those personal qualities. You wonder why characters like Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Blade get films way before Wonder Woman or Flash.  The box office flop of Green Lantern and lukewarm reception of Superman Returns shows that general audiences want more than just superheroes simply just saving the day.

DC especially the Justice League is a good example of a wrestling slogan from WCW back in the 1990's "it's where the big boys play", but ironically it's a show more aimed for the kids. While Marvel, like the WWE, was actually the product more big boys watch.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22223 posts) - - Show Bio

ewww...Straczynski's Spider-man??????  

anyway...I love both publishers and think that people that limit themselves to just one are crazy

#5 Posted by GLCorps2814 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody can give reasons for Marvel and DC to fight, what I wanna see is them fighting together against something that could potentially threaten both, that would more interesting, we saw the fight against each other, now lets see the teamup of two companies, two universes massing against something truly dangerous

#6 Posted by Icon (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

There is room enough for both, but I agree with how stark some of the differences are between them.

#7 Posted by ryu_talkative_batman (147 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both trying to push each other to do a better job, that's all

#8 Posted by BurnSide (53 posts) - - Show Bio

i love dc more.  marvel is good but i their series often don't appeal that much except for stories about moonknight and some of the spiderman stories.  I do hope for another dc marvel crossover, that 'd be wicked. DC just has something that makes me want to read their stories again and again.
#9 Posted by fitchy101 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Aye, I do have a preference but love both Companies, though sometimes my preference changes (such as flashpoint being > fear itself IMO).

#10 Posted by TheShame (477 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a reason Marvel/Dc crossovers work; because both companies are equals and have great characters.  A good metaphor for their rivalry is WWE and WCW; without WCW to push WWE through competition, the remaining company has become sub-par over the years.  The same would happen if either company triumphed over the other.

#11 Edited by wallywest55 (231 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine:  Whilst Marvel on the other hand, are more "human", and easier to relate to the masses because of those personal qualities. You wonder why characters like Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Blade get films way before Wonder Woman or Flash.  The box office flop of Green Lantern and lukewarm reception of Superman Returns shows that general audiences want more than just super heroes saving the day.  

disagree with that last statement. those movies was just poorly made had nothing to do with people wanting more then a hero saving the say, Those were garbage movies and shouldnt of been made in the first place. If that was the case cat woman would of been a big hit. But it was a flop bc it was a horrible movie. 

good article btw however i think marvel are just pulling out the stops when it comes to making movies. Their movies r hits bc time and good money arent spent on all CGI suckness (green lantern). Even tho all the x men movies were bad except the first. Oh and fantastic four. i digress hahahaha. Marvel are at least putting thier heroes out there. Even tho thor is literally a god and it did pretty well in the box office so good they r doing a thor 2. flash superman wonder woman, they all could do REALLY well in box office they just need a sit down and not be lazy with cgi and have an actual good script.  

However at the end of the day i will pick DC over marvel anyday, however i will admit marvel is coming harder then DC. Its like DC doesnt care ( revamp) so marvel comics might be better now days.
#12 Posted by GraveSp (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow totally has real life problems.  Grell's run with pretty realistic.  And now if you look at his granddaughter was killed in a terrorist attack, his wife left him, his adopted kid is a drug addict those are pretty real world problems

#13 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest problem with a lot of DC's characters is that, they are not only great beyond belief, most of them have the exact same personality at face value.  Wonder Woman is just a female Superman.  Barry Allen is a weaker version of Superman.  Hal Jordan is another.  So many of their characters lack the personal character depth that a lot of people look for.

#14 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent article, but I'm just curious as to why you consider Watchmen a Vertigo book. Is it because of Alan Moore writing it?

#15 Posted by CanterburyCricket (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both Marvel and DC and my two favorite characters are and always will be Hulk and Batman but if asked I would chose Marvel as I personally believe they do more with lesser characters and have a more consistent Universe.

#16 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I tend to prefer DC to Marvel because Marvel is too grounded to reality. When I read comics, I not only want to read for the stories but I want to forget about reality. Its wayy too grounded for me. It looks too much about whats happening in the world or teams for their events and dont focus enough on the characters of concepts. When an event is circulated around say "mutant powers", its a great event but when its around the idea of fear in the world, it just doesnt grab me. I want to be taken to another world. And DC tends to take me to the other world im longing for. 
I would like to pick up both DC and Marvel but with so many great titles out, I almost feel like I have to make a choice, but unfortunately, i have to go with DC. Sorry Marvel.  
I think there is negativity between the two kinds of fans because theyre so similar yet different. Take religion for example. Theyre all pretty much the same, yet people must always fight over which the the right one. I guess one could say that its human nature. Fighting.
#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone in this thread just said DC is rock and roll and Marvel is hip hop.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAAHAAA!!!!!!!

Ah.... classic. Anyway, that aside, I love 'em both, just that I don't read DC's comics (I do watch their animated features, play their games, and watch their movies), and I read Marvel's comics on top of the other stuff.
#18 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio
@wallywest55 said:
@Jordanstine:  Whilst Marvel on the other hand, are more "human", and easier to relate to the masses because of those personal qualities. You wonder why characters like Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Blade get films way before Wonder Woman or Flash.  The box office flop of Green Lantern and lukewarm reception of Superman Returns shows that general audiences want more than just super heroes saving the day.   disagree with that last statement. those movies was just poorly made had nothing to do with people wanting more then a hero saving the say, Those were garbage movies and shouldnt of been made in the first place. If that was the case cat woman would of been a big hit. But it was a flop bc it was a horrible movie.  good article btw however i think marvel are just pulling out the stops when it comes to making movies. Their movies r hits bc time and good money arent spent on all CGI suckness (green lantern). Even tho all the x men movies were bad except the first. Oh and fantastic four. i digress hahahaha. Marvel are at least putting thier heroes out there. Even tho thor is literally a god and it did pretty well in the box office so good they r doing a thor 2. flash superman wonder woman, they all could do REALLY well in box office they just need a sit down and not be lazy with cgi and have an actual good script.   However at the end of the day i will pick DC over marvel anyday, however i will admit marvel is coming harder then DC. Its like DC doesnt care ( revamp) so marvel comics might be better now days.
Cool, I'll give you that, although I really liked Superman Returns (I'm biased).

To your response, it's Marvel doing both - pushing their characters and making their characters more relatable to the audience.  

Even Thor, like you mentioned although a god, his own film actually delved into the human aspect of his character LITERALLY, his emotional journey as a human looking to reclaim his godly hood was what movie goers applauded.  

Box Office numbers ($440 million), and critics (77% RT rating) don't lie.
#19 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't pressume the Green Lantern movie failed for those reasons, but more because it failed to be a good movie.

#20 Edited by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

No love for Image?  
@The Stegman: woah,thats a lot to take in. 

#21 Posted by Xenozoic Shaman (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I would hate to see one die out.  They both offer so much, and have two different universes to enjoy!  (Which is far more interesting than simply one universe.)

#22 Posted by zombietag (1488 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
what i was thinking....
#23 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12420 posts) - - Show Bio

i love both and would be haertbroken if one of them were to vanish or crumble. they both offer different but amazing reading experiences and characters.
#24 Posted by CATPANEXE (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

People will always take sides. But heres to dreaming of a different world. Cheers.

#25 Posted by JonesDeini (3619 posts) - - Show Bio

Both companies have their strengths and they work best when they play to said strengths. I've always been a Marvel guy, ever since I was a kid. Their stories just appealed to my sensibilities more and I found their characters more relatable for many of the reasons you stated. Oh Identity Crisis, thank God I had spent so much time away from comics before I read that, because If I read with the good sense I have now I'd have avoided DC from that point on. Identity Crisis is the paragon of all that is wrong with modern DC comics and modern comics in general. Absolute rubbish and not worth the paper it's printed on.   

#26 Posted by IrishX (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Ok, let me finally write down once and for all why /i/ think DC comics are superior to Marvel Comics.  

I find it funny that you say that and I didn't read what you wrote because you say the same thing over and over to the point where I wonder if it's others you are trying to convince that your opinion is the "correct" one or are you trying to convince yourself? Don't worry your not the only one who does this. 

I personally get pretty annoyed at all this "heroes don't kill" attitude. It's basically an insult to real life war heroes who do in fact take lives.

A better definition of a hero than someone who doesn't kill is someone who is willing to sacrifice their life to save someone else's.

#27 Edited by Frobin (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Since every superhero comic geek grew up with both DC and Marvel, every real geek love both and is constantly drifting between both universes. I started reading comic with classic DC stories of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman and the Justice League, not to forget the Legion of Superheroes, when I was very young (I guess even before I has been able to really read them). Later, as teenager, with Spider-Man, I switched to Marvel and then of course the X-Men, the Fantastic Four and the Avengers. They seemed much more real to me. But now I love both universes and it's good that there are two big universes, because they seem never to be really great at the same time ... one is always better ...  and call me "quality bitch", but I tend to follow the better one, which means that I the lion share of my books are from one (the at the time better) universe and I read just a few books from the other universe.

In my opinion, DC had a really great period when Morrison/Porter JLA started, but then with the launch of  the Ultimate universe and later with the New Avengers and over Civil War and till Dark Reign Marvel was so much better and ahead. In fact I really think in the past 10 years DC has always been one step behind Marvel (of course there were still great single books and story arcs, but overall). 

At the moment, in my opinion there is a crisis of quality again like in the late 80s/early 90s ... after a great run (or many great runs) Marvel just delivers average stuff. And DC is just average for over 10 years (of course with great events like Blackest Night, Cry for Justice or great books like Green Lantern, but overall DC seems to have no clue where to go and always comes up with similar stories/events like Marvel ... just Marvel doing it much better and with much more coherence). 

Would be great if such cool new stuff appears like in the 90s with Image and Wildstorm (Wildcats, Gen13, Cyberforce, The Authority, Stormwatch) - I really loved those books and they had such an huge influcene on the quality of the bif 2.

#28 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine said:
 The box office flop of Green Lantern and lukewarm reception of Superman Returns shows that general audiences want more than just superheroes simply just saving the day. 
I would argue that Superman Return's biggest problem was that it had to much of the soap opera that you might see at Marvel (comics) and not enough of Superman being Superman. 

OT I like a bit of both companies, though DC has always been my favourite. I seem to be shifting more DC recently and dropped a lot of my Marvel comics.
#29 Posted by danhimself (22223 posts) - - Show Bio
@zombietag said:
@danhimself said:
what i was thinking....
the rest of the list was ok...but man Straczynski's run was what made One More Day necessary....it was so dumb to add mythological elements to Spider-man's origin that it painted the book into a corner and the only way to get it out was to erase it from existence
#30 Posted by The Impersonator (4924 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't there be a Superman Beyond series? I heard it was ongoing.

#31 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

im more of a marvel guy.
#32 Posted by Undeadpool (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: The elements were always there, JMS just brought them to the forefront. One More Day was an overreaction, in my opinion. Besides, it did more to erase Parkers' marriage, than any of the mythical elements.

@RedheadedAtrocitus: It's more to do with the content and the fact that it doesn't star any of DC's heroes (and I know about the whole Charleston Books thing). But in this day and age you couldn't write Watchmen and have DC's logo on the cover.

Staff
#33 Posted by thelastreplicant (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big DC fan but I love Marvel too. I think even if you like one company more than the other you shouldnt say screw the other one. You might as well just get the best of both worlds.

#34 Posted by TheIncredibleNightcrawler1999 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I wrote a paper about this once, declaring that Marvel is the better in the end. Here's why... 

Marvel has relatable characters, real places, and good stories. Marvel is fueled with large storylines and crossovers, like Fear Itself, House of M, Secret Invasion, and, possibly the most memorable, Civil War. But I do give props to DC for popular graphic novels like the iconic Death of Superman. 

I find that you can get more trade paperbacks for Marvel at bookstores, but unfortunately, Marvel comics are priced at a regular 3.99, but some are 2.99 or 4.99, while Dc comics (I think) are about 2.99. But I like Marvel better. Mostly because it is more colorful and enjoyable.

#35 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfectly stated on the differences between companies.  I've been trying to say that for years..... 
@Jordanstine said:

Marvel vs DC... WWE vs WCW... PS3 fanboys vs XBOX fanboys... 

Goes on and on...

exactly what I tell people, lol 
#36 Posted by Xaviersx (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I try being agnostic in the comic religion war. That being said, when I was reading/collecting, I found that I related to the Marvel stories more and found the DC characters harder to relate due to their more 'godlike' status in their own universe/minds. When it comes to collected stories, trades . . I do buy DC over Marvel. I've found the DC stories to be more reread worthy and despite the reboots/relaunches/crises of identity and reality, having consequences with weight and longevity. I think that like a lot of tv shows, Marvel comics are displayed in more warm colors while DC's seems stark and/or cold in palette.

As for the two companies at each other throats . . . one of the worst things to happen to the industry. It should have never become a us vs them in their eyes, making it a us vs them with a lot of readers. I don't like the politics in politics, and especially don't like the politics in comics . . . just entertain, collaborate (amalgam) as consumers drive, and try saving the industry not taking shots at each other in a shrinking bubble.

#37 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

Yah I agree Superman too stale now Spider-Man is the New hero in town they have to be more realistic I MEAN COME ON THIER SUPERHEROES!
#38 Posted by Outside_85 (8018 posts) - - Show Bio

There is absolutely no reason why both companies cannot co-exist and there are no rules that says you cant enjoy comics from both companies, only devoted fans of one company will claim that and make up names to call the opposition. Similarly there is nothing wrong in liking comics from smaller imprints either.

#39 Posted by gethere (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has always been the comics I choose and loved dc too though marvel has been more of what I read because to me the flaws the they have  and the because they are more the underdog in their stories make them more believable,. DC have the heroes almost always in the winning section and when I read one of their comic anytime I would expect the hero would pull though with nothing to change anything about them and to me that kind boring. This is just my reason sure every have their own. 

#40 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Make Mine Marvel! Seriously, Marvel got me into comics, and I've never stopped liking them since. I experiment a bit with some manga and Image here and there, but for the most part it's Marvel all the way.

#41 Posted by huser (96 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always felt the Ross art books Marvels and Kingdom Come pretty much highlight the differences between the comic companies and their properties. 

One views their characters in their universe as celebrities seen in the camera of a dedicated photog. Amazing beings we like to know about, but just as much like to tear down as their luminosity denigrates our own accomplishments.

While that thread is carried in Kingdom Come, it's because the pantheon have come down to roost and we see it through the eyes of a pastor. Here the supers are literal gods among men.

And just like real life the vast majority of people spend their time following the celebrities, but it's the myhtological iconography that probably has the most weight, because it's literally everywhere in all media, whether it's the classical Hercules pose that strongmen often engage in or the Pieta.  Marvel has the majority of the mindshare, but its DC's (at least top few) that ultimately steer the ship.

#42 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually own those books and looked at them now. is that wrong? heh. the thing with dc which will make them go on forever is the fact that, look at superman, his problem is that he is an alien. he knows he is an alien and lives in a world of humans who see him as a god, and he is trying to come to grips with the fact that he is not like them and they have to accept that. batman thinks he can eradicate evil before he dies, leaving a world of peace. now, marvel. the punisher knows evil will always be there. he kills those who hurt him and those he cares for and who can possibly make the world a bit better for another generation. the x-men live in a world that hates and fears them but live the life of Sisyphus- they are rolling the stone up the hill, only to know whatever they do in life, they will always be hated. marvel has the feel that one day these books could end. in x-men, the world will accept mutants as humans and the next part of evolution. the punisher? well, he will eventually die. for batman, he is training robin and trained nightwing to take over when he dies, and hopes for them to possibly pass the mantle on to someone else. superman, well, does anyone know if he will actually die? or CAN he die? dc books will continue, but marvel's books feel as if they can have a definite end and it would be a boon to restart them. 

#43 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel man right here

#44 Posted by superzero93 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I think and I hope everyone would agree that it's to hard to chose between DC or Marvel, I know which one would come first if I was asked and that would be DC. Only because I will always remember The Death of Superman being the first comic I ever bought, I know that's a bit morbid for a first comic but that's the only one I have got. I was familiar with Superman before this I remember watching the cartoons, so I always loved this guy who could leap tall building in a single bound, so even though at the time I didn't understand why DC killed Supes, I have to admit I was in awe of the panels of Superman's fight with Doomsday. It was just the apitimy of good vs evil, and it is til this day shows what type of hero superman, is a hero that will fight to the death to protect the innocent. Plus I was always a pretty big Batman fan as well i mean who isn't. I guess it all boils down to personal preference and what comics they you read first and how they affect you at the time. 

#45 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

I find the bashing of DC or Marvel as a whole ridiculous and immature. Most writers that have written for one have also written for the other, and there are awesome characters on both sides.
#46 Posted by halfpastwhenever (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@GraveSp said:

Green Arrow totally has real life problems. Grell's run with pretty realistic. And now if you look at his granddaughter was killed in a terrorist attack, his wife left him, his adopted kid is a drug addict those are pretty real world problems

Yeah I hate adopting drug addicts - its such a real world problem :p

Back on topic though - I do prefer Marvel, but DC have some great releases. I don't see the point in being biased to the point of not reading what else is on offer.

#47 Posted by LOWJACK2001 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I  enjoy DC comic books more now because I see that they attempt to reach out to other comic book readers other than just their white fans. Marvel uses black/white racial component way too much in their XMEN series but never creat any black characaters. Marvel came on so strong during the 90's I love 'em. However, DC's Green Lantern has more continuity than any of Marvel's comics and. Also, anit-heros are what we would see in real life. There would not be so many boyscotts. In Marvel the good guys always win but in DC sometimes the bad guys win and thats real too.
#48 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my thing though. I don't want to sound like I'm putting down any Marvel characters or anything but DC's heroes are better at being heroes. I think it comes down to, if you want to help someone with their problems, make sure you've got your own shit together first. That and some of the stuff that happens in the Marvel universe on a day to day basis just plain would not happen in DC.

#49 Posted by hogscraper (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I mostly like Marvel for following certain characters and arcs, but always dip into DC's catalog for their awesome one offs. So many great mini-series in DC comic lines I would never read otherwise. For full collections that I re-read every issue its got to be Marvel.

#50 Posted by Misterwizz (196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040
I really think it failed because of WB!