• 194 results
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By SevanGrim

DC has made some decisions that not everyone has agreed with, but lets take a look at Marvel’s past few years;

+ House of M: ewwwwww

+ Spider-man now-never-was married: ...wtf? MJ was one of the best parts of his character.

+ Civil War: ok, like 20 different titles with "Civil War" imposed on their covers, variant covers, like 6 "what if titles", a handful of good c-list solid fan based characters killed or altered forever in negative ways, all leading up to Captain America saying "i don’t wana fight anymore. you win."

+ Captain America: and after all that, he simply gets shot in the gut? And then some random "whoever kinda fits" character replaces marvels greatest hero, and does just as good a job?

+ WW Hulk: ok, since when is the Hulk mr. Unstoppable? Not too long ago, him vs Thing was a close fight. Him and She Hulk could go rounds. Him and Colossus where almost a match. And now all of a sudden he’s S0o0o bad ass that everyone in the MarvelU gets their asses kicked individually and collectively? No one should be able to go to the X-mansion and clean house. Not when the main team is there. Not when any of the teams are there. Not when the prof is there. no.

+ Red Hulk: WTF? no again. you can’t just keep adding prefixes. Green. Grey. She. whats next? transvestite Hulk? purple surprise Hulk? Ultra-Mega-Super Hulk? no wait, that was WWHulk. My bad.

+Stan Lee: genius of his time. Innovator. But why the hell is he in every movie? In every interview for the next movie? You don’t see Dio And Ozzy Osbourne at very single Rock concert. Give the man his monthly check and send him home!!!

+Marvel Zombies: just proof that Marvel can stretch out an "elseworld" on-shot into 3 series’, and their fans just keep swallowing the loads.

+Skrull Invasion: not a bad plan, though they should have created a new race or something. Just seems odd to me that the Skrull, who where last known to be chill with the human race, suddenly have the ability to mimic everyone’s powers and cloak themselves from ultra-mind readers like Professor X, and are hell bent on taking over the world and killing all the heroes. But whatever.

and finally

+The Blue Marvel: An old character from the Civil rights era who NEVER EXISTED until marvel needed to write another Bullshit story. Apparently, he is to be stronger than anything the Marvel U has ever seen before, rivaled only by his arch enemy who’s return is apparently what sparks Blue’s withdraw from retirement. So basically, Marvel just outdid Hulk and Thor and Sentry and everyone else just so....wait. i don’t know what they are getting at here. lets just assume its CRAP!!

Marvel aint better. Not this year.Not last year. They make good movies and release more comics a month cuz they have more money, and they aren’t tied up in legal battles over their important characters (Superman and Superboy, to name some). But at least DC follows its own rules, instead of re-drawing every line for a short lived shock factor.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

You say Marvel isn't better..the bank says otherwise

Marvel-1
Grim-0
BTW..from your observations it's clear you either haven't read the comics your talking about or you just skimmed through them.
Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Meteorite
Vance Astro said:
"You say Marvel isn't better..the bank says otherwise
Marvel-1
Grim-0
BTW..from your observations it's clear you either haven't read the comics your talking about or you just skimmed through them.
"
Exactly
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Darkchild
Grim said:
"DC has made some decisions that not everyone has agreed with, but lets take a look at Marvel’s past few years;

+ Spider-man now-never-was married: ...wtf? MJ was one of the best parts of his character.

+ Civil War: ok, like 20 different titles with "Civil War" imposed on their covers, variant covers, like 6 "what if titles", a handful of good c-list solid fan based characters killed or altered forever in negative ways, all leading up to Captain America saying "i don’t wana fight anymore. you win."

+ Captain America: and after all that, he simply gets shot in the gut? And then some random "whoever kinda fits" character replaces marvels greatest hero, and does just as good a job?

+ WW Hulk: ok, since when is the Hulk mr. Unstoppable? Not too long ago, him vs Thing was a close fight. Him and She Hulk could go rounds. Him and Colossus where almost a match. And now all of a sudden he’s S0o0o bad ass that everyone in the MarvelU gets their asses kicked individually and collectively? No one should be able to go to the X-mansion and clean house. Not when the main team is there. Not when any of the teams are there. Not when the prof is there. no.

+ Red Hulk: WTF? no again. you can’t just keep adding prefixes. Green. Grey. She. whats next? transvestite Hulk? purple surprise Hulk? Ultra-Mega-Super Hulk? no wait, that was WWHulk. My bad.

+Stan Lee: genius of his time. Innovator. But why the hell is he in every movie? In every interview for the next movie? You don’t see Dio And Ozzy Osbourne at very single Rock concert. Give the man his monthly check and send him home!!!

+Marvel Zombies: just proof that Marvel can stretch out an "elseworld" on-shot into 3 series’, and their fans just keep swallowing the loads.

+Skrull Invasion: not a bad plan, though they should have created a new race or something. Just seems odd to me that the Skrull, who where last known to be chill with the human race, suddenly have the ability to mimic everyone’s powers and cloak themselves from ultra-mind readers like Professor X, and are hell bent on taking over the world and killing all the heroes. But whatever.

and finally

+The Blue Marvel: An old character from the Civil rights era who NEVER EXISTED until marvel needed to write another Bullshit story. Apparently, he is to be stronger than anything the Marvel U has ever seen before, rivaled only by his arch enemy who’s return is apparently what sparks Blue’s withdraw from retirement. So basically, Marvel just outdid Hulk and Thor and Sentry and everyone else just so....wait. i don’t know what they are getting at here. lets just assume its CRAP!!

Marvel aint better. Not this year.Not last year. They make good movies and release more comics a month cuz they have more money, and they aren’t tied up in legal battles over their important characters (Superman and Superboy, to name some). But at least DC follows its own rules, instead of re-drawing every line for a short lived shock factor."

House of M was freaking awesome

Blue Marvel is the only MArvel besides Punisher im going to keep up with. an the first issue was awesome
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Grim said:

I like these 3.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By geraldthesloth

You may think that

but marvel fans dont

the same list can be made for dc  or anyone else dude

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vrakmul

D.C did something worse than all of that combined recently.  Killed, off, anti-monitor.   Jesus christ WTF!?!?!?!?!  Anti-monitor is DC's ultimate badass!  You can't just kill him off like that!

The Banned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By The Banned
Dreadnaught said:
"D.C did something worse than all of that combined recently.  Killed, off, anti-monitor.   Jesus christ WTF!?!?!?!?!  Anti-monitor is DC's ultimate badass!  You can't just kill him off like that!"
Anti-Monitor isn't very popular...so..ya know.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vrakmul
The Banned said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"D.C did something worse than all of that combined recently.  Killed, off, anti-monitor.   Jesus christ WTF!?!?!?!?!  Anti-monitor is DC's ultimate badass!  You can't just kill him off like that!"
Anti-Monitor isn't very popular...so..ya know."
He used to be extremely so.   Then he got nerfed, neutered, and spaded.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AtPhantom
Dreadnaught said:
"The Banned said:
"Dreadnaught said:
Anti-Monitor isn't very popular...so..ya know."
He used to be extremely so.   Then he got nerfed, neutered, and spaded."
I know, i'm as outraged as you are.

the blackest night better freaking end with him waking up from the black battery and making all the rainbow lanterns his slaves.

Then he can be the center of a 2010 storyline, THE NEW CRISIS.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Marvel : 1

Grimm : 0

MARVEL IS THE BEST
(with vertigo as second)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
TheDrifter said:
"Marvel : 1

MARVEL IS THE BEST
(with vertigo as second)
"
IMO Vertigo is nowhere near DC or even Dynamite.
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lantern Prime

Marvel is way better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:

MARVEL IS THE BEST
(with vertigo as second)
"
IMO Vertigo is nowhere near DC or even Dynamite."
Never read Dynamite.

Whats good from them?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
TheDrifter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:

MARVEL IS THE BEST
(with vertigo as second)
"
Never read Dynamite.

Whats good from them?"
Red Sonja,Avengers\Invaders,Ant Unleashed.
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lantern Prime

Secret Invasion>>>>>>>>>>>Final Crisis

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By never give up
Lantern Prime said:
"Secret Invasion>>>>>>>>>>>Final Crisis"
I know you hate DC but stop...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lantern Prime said:
I almost agree with you there.

I've been picking up FC, It's kinda boring (other than the tie-ins)
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
never give up said:
"Lantern Prime said:
I know you hate DC but stop..."
Weird that someone named Lantern Prime hates DC.
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By never give up
Vance Astro said:
"never give up said:
"Lantern Prime said:
I know you hate DC but stop..."
Weird that someone named Lantern Prime hates DC."
LOL.
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC is better, i'm personally tired of marvel trying to make it so we identify with the heroes, instead of looking up to them.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
the human Juggernaut said:
"DC is better, i'm personally tired of marvel trying to make it so we identify with the heroes, instead of looking up to them."
Weird someone named the human juggernaut thinks DC is better.
Lady Nightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lady Nightmare
"DC is better, i'm personally tired of marvel trying to make it so we identify with the heroes, instead of looking up to them."

i like that fact that u can identify with marvel heroes
DC doesnt seem as realistic to me as Marvel
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lady Nightmare said:
"the human Juggernaut said:

DC doesnt seem as realistic to me as Marvel"

were talking about people that wear red underwear outside their blue spandex pants, who happen to be able to fly and freeze things with their breath.  It's not supposed to be realistic.
Lady Nightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lady Nightmare
"Lady Nightmare said:

were talking about people that wear red underwear outside their blue spandex pants, who happen to be able to fly and freeze things with their breath.  It's not supposed to be realistic."
i never said that is was supposed to be realistic
I just like the fact that Marvel is more realistic to me
I enjoy both of them
but i favor Marvel
because of its realism
Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Apparition

i like both of them and certainly dont think marvel is better.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
"Lady Nightmare said:

It's not supposed to be realistic."
It may not be realistic but that doesn't mean it isn't supposed to be.
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vance Astro said:
"Lady Nightmare said:

It may not be realistic but that doesn't mean it isn't supposed to be."
that sentence doesn't make any sense.  That's like me saying "the sky isn't purple, but that doesn't mean it isn't supposed to be"
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
"Vance Astro said:
"Lady Nightmare said:

that sentence doesn't make any sense.  That's like me saying "the sky isn't purple, but that doesn't mean it isn't supposed to be""
No what you just said is ridiculous and is based on nothing it's just a random simile.Comics like any other visual entertainment is based on real life.Just because the powers and the costumes aren't realistic doesn't mean they aren't trying to make it as realistic as possible.Comics are supposed to have you believe that the story is how it would be if these people existed.All Fiction is based on non-fiction in one way or the other.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Grim said:
"DC has made some decisions that not everyone has agreed with, but lets take a look at Marvel’s past few years;

and finally

Marvel aint better. Not this year.Not last year. They make good movies and release more comics a month cuz they have more money, and they aren’t tied up in legal battles over their important characters (Superman and Superboy, to name some). But at least DC follows its own rules, instead of re-drawing every line for a short lived shock factor."
I'm a bigger DC fan than Marvel, but you sir aren't making a great argument. Lets go over it all, shall we?

+ House of M: I have no clue why people complain about this... fun story, too many tie-ins

+ Spider-man now-never-was married: One More Day... Frankly, I hate this. I don't understand why Peter couldn't get a divorce. And now, no one knows he's S.M. which completely takes the shock value of him revealing himself in C.W.

+ Civil War: Way too many tie-ins... However, it was a lot of fun and for me, great for the Captain America series.

+ Captain America: I usually don't name call or anything, but you opinion on this is ridiculous. This book, with James as Cap has been BETTER since Steve's death. I am a HUGE Cap fan, yes... I'd even call myself a fanboy. And I was weary about Bucky taking over at first, but he is so awesome. Brubaker and Epting have made this by far the best Marvel has to offer.

+ WW Hulk: Hulk Smash... What's wrong with that, it was fun?

+ Red Hulk: I LOVE this book, and everyone makes fun of me for it. Whatever, this is the funnest book Marvel has going for it.

+Stan Lee: Stan Lee created most of the characters he's in the movies for, he's a figurehead for Marvel, someone even non-comic fans recognize. As for your Dio & Ozzy reference... Poor choice. You would have been better off saying Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, Bill Haley, Jerry Lee Lewis, or anyone else involved with the "Golden Era" of Rock. Dio & Ozzy aren't even figureheads, just walking talking jokes... BTW, Stan Lee isn't far off from the walking talking joke part...

+Marvel Zombies: 1 & 3 are good. Kirkman is amazing with 1. You should actually read it.

+Skrull Invasion: You're not reading this. A "new race"... Seriously, you're really not reading this if you're proposing that...

In fact, I don't think you've read any of these books by the way you talk about them. I can't comment on the Blue Marvel thing because I simply haven't read it. But, you're picking on some great books here that lots of people like, with failed arguments. What's next? You hate Old Man Logan because Wolverine is in it too much? As much as I love DC, Marvel does put out some amazing stuff (by some, I mean a whole bunch). Why do you think their in business? Hey, why do you think they sell more than DC every week? DC's stories are more complex and interesting, but Marvel puts out stuff that is not only fun, but ANYONE can read it. I hate people that ONLY read DC, or ONLY read Marvel. Get your collective heads out of your collective butts and stop being so fanboyish people.
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vance Astro said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lady Nightmare said:

that sentence doesn't make any sense.  That's like me saying "the sky isn't purple, but that doesn't mean it isn't supposed to be""
No what you just said is ridiculous and is based on nothing it's just a random simile.Comics like any other visual entertainment is based on real life.Just because the powers and the costumes aren't realistic doesn't mean they aren't trying to make it as realistic as possible.Comics are supposed to have you believe that the story is how it would be if these people existed.All Fiction is based on non-fiction in one way or the other."
Then by your logic DC and Marvel are equally "realistic"
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
"Vance Astro said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lady Nightmare said:

No what you just said is ridiculous and is based on nothing it's just a random simile.Comics like any other visual entertainment is based on real life.Just because the powers and the costumes aren't realistic doesn't mean they aren't trying to make it as realistic as possible.Comics are supposed to have you believe that the story is how it would be if these people existed.All Fiction is based on non-fiction in one way or the other."
Then by your logic DC and Marvel are equally "realistic""
No..Why do you always say by my logic and than say what I am not saying at all.Just because they are both based on realistic situations and real life doesn't mean they produce stories with the same LEVEL of realism.I think DC is less realistic than Marvel.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33  Edited By Nighthunter

a) All companies sell great titles, it's all about tastes

b)One of the main reasons that Marvel sells more is that DC's executive producer (Dan Dildo) sucks as a salesman and as a writer. His ways of trying to bring succesful sales to titles is patetic and the fact that he wants to push in many different titles (most of them the ones that he edits) push things that aren't well received by fans, seriouslñy, I shouldn't be afraid to give a Teen Titans comic to a 10 years old.

c)Marvel being more realistic than DC is pure bullsh!t in my opinion, have been saying this for awhile, am I really supposed to believe that someone with the powers of Spider-man struggles to get money? One thing is relatable and the other is realistic.

d) Secret Invasion is boring and lacks a good story or relevance if you compare it to any event of DC this year, I understand that some people like the action in it but the story is what makes an event good.

e) Like Giffen so well put it "When did Marvel become the house of someone else's ideas?"

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nighthunter said:
"a) All companies sell great titles, it's all about tastes

b)One of the main reasons that Marvel sells more is that DC's executive producer (Dan Dildo) sucks as a salesman and as a writer. His ways of trying to bring succesful sales to titles is patetic and the fact that he wants to push in many different titles (most of them the ones that he edits) push things that aren't well received by fans, seriouslñy, I shouldn't be afraid to give a Teen Titans comic to a 10 years old.

c)Marvel being more realistic than DC is pure bullsh!t in my opinion, have been saying this for awhile, am I really supposed to believe that someone with the powers of Spider-man struggles to get money? One thing is relatable and the other is realistic.

d) Secret Invasion is boring and lacks a good story or relevance if you compare it to any event of DC this year, I understand that some people like the action in it but the story is what makes an event good.

e) Like Giffen so well put it "When did Marvel become the house of someone else's ideas?""
a) Agreed.
b)Also Agreed....
c)Yea because superheroes pulling the moon with a chain is much more realistic.
d)The sales chart says otherwise.
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vance Astro said:
It's more "realistic" than a lot of Dr. Strange, Thor, and Silver Surfer comics.

But since when are comics supposed to be realistic?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Vance Astro said:
It's more "realistic" than a lot of Dr. Strange, Thor, and Silver Surfer comics.

But since when are comics supposed to be realistic?"
Bullsh#t.Dr.Strange & Thor are magic users..nothing they do has to make sense.As far as I have seen Silver Surfer hasn't done anything ridiculous.
Comics where always supposed to be based on realistic principles not necessarily realistic.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nighthunter
Vance Astro said:
"Nighthunter said:

e) Like Giffen so well put it "When did Marvel become the house of someone else's ideas?""
a) Agreed.
b)Also Agreed....
"
Any superpower takes the realistic part out of the equation, their powers automatically make it impossible to take it as something possible, no matter how big the power levels are. I'm talking about how they are potrayed, realistically speaking, if Superman existed and you were there infront of him, would you look up to him or think that you can relate to him? Same for SPider-man, love them or hate them, you would want to be like them and you wouldn't think that they are like you in any way, this is how DC writes their characters.

What do sales have to do with originality?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nighthunter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nighthunter said:

a) Agreed.
b)Also Agreed....
"
Any superpower takes the realistic part out of the equation, their powers automatically make it impossible to take it as something possible, no matter how big the power levels are. I'm talking about how they are potrayed, realistically speaking, if Superman existed and you were there infront of him, would you look up to him or think that you can relate to him? Same for SPider-man, love them or hate them, you would want to be like them and you wouldn't think that they are like you in any way, this is how DC writes their characters.

What do sales have to do with originality?"
What I am saying is...everything fiction is based on a non-fiction reality.There is a certain level of realism in an visual entertainment..video games included.Now the realism is overshadowed by how much the patron of this entertainment is willing to believe.If you say Superman can lift 200 Billion tons..ok I'll believe that...but if you then want me to believe that you can not only attack a chain to the moon long enough for you to be in space and be holding it at the same time and it is also strong enough to withstand the force of you pulling on it enough to actually move the moon...and you can move the Moon off it's axis and nothing will happen than that is where the realism goes down the toilet.
Sales has nothing to do with originality..you didn't even mention originality..you said SI was boring.IMO Secret Invasion is better than any DC event..possibly as far back as I can remember.So since you don't like I informed you that alot of other people do and can find a good and suspenseful storyline inside.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nighthunter

this is from an old blog I did, helps to explain my point

Now everything is a matter of opinion, many people do claim that Marvel is more realistic than DC, whetever that's true or not I don't know, but my opinion begs to differ.

This argument is based that the marvel characters pretty much have the same problems as a regular guy (Spider-man needing a job to pay the rent a very good example). Now while I like this take on some of the characters because they can easily identify themselves with their heroes, however I think that many people seem to overlook how DC makes their characters realistic using a completely different angle.

DC makes his characters deal with the ones of any normal human (death, divorce, betrayal,etc) while at the same time treats it's heroes to make the reader perceive how they feel among normal men, being most of them practically gods that walk among them.

The DC universe has become such a dificult place to live that the heroes have accepted that no matter how powerful or skilled they are, eventually they won't be able to come back but that yet, they are ready to jump into battle in order to save the day because that's the right thing to do.

What I love about DC's take on it's characters are how they make them imperfect (even Superman has flaws of doing the right thing every single time) they have to encounter many impossible odds and even so make a realistic take on these wonderful characters, not in their powers but in how they act.

This has also proven to be one of the best years of DC in a long time, with Final Crisis, Batman R.I.P, the sequel of Kingdom Come, etc right now and with Superman: New Krypton, Batman: Battle for the cowl, Flash Rebirth, Blackest Night, etc you can see that DC has quite a few plans for most of their big franchises.

And I thought you were talking about my Giffen comment, btw Invasion is boring, it started with some hype as everyone could be an enemy and it was then thrown out down the toilet with the decisions they made along the way. Oh but there's a story, a good one too; the skrulls think that god wants them to conquer so they try to do it....how entertaining. <

BTW am I supposed to be impressed by the changes of Dark Reign? Nova and Thunderbolts are already post secret invasion and we know that the heroes won after the "big climatic battle where friends and enemies unite for the common good" (lame, predictable, expected and cliche). Norman is now considered a hero...wasn't he even before SI started? right....

You like SI for the same reason you like Hulk (or RULK, whatever) it has action, is boring and it is a spit in the face for the characters in it.

Another thing I find funny about some marvel supporters (not saying you are one of these) is that they argue that DC is worse because they don't have a continuity because everything is retconned according to them, yet secret invasion is full of retconns while final crisis isn't and none of them complain, they basically applaud this move.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I enjoy both Marvel and DC, (admittedly I like Marvel more), I've been bored with Final Crisis. Secret Invasion did'nt even grab my attention....

The thing that bothers me is that one way or another an idiot (no offense to anyone here) is going to compare the two and try to find nit-picky flaws.

Civil War was awesome, as was Kingdom Come...
They're TWO DIFFERENT COMPANIES who each bring something to the table the other does'nt have.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Nighthunter

Alot of what you say makes sense and I agree.I don't think that as far as character development DC is any better or more realistic than Marvel..I would put them on the same level.

As far as feats of physical ability though...you cannot deny that DC\Wildstorm do not consider how unrealistic and sometimes inconsistent their physical ability feats are.Now Marvel has some pretty ridiculous ones but I don't think any on the level of impossibility as DC.

You say Secret Invasion is boring..I think Final Crisis is boring.Not only do I not have any idea what is going on..nothing that has happened yet has come as a surprise or moved me in any kind of way at all.At least in the begginning SI had the suspense factor.

You have no idea what is going to happen in Dark Reign..your making assumptions about something that isn't even out yet and that there is barely solicitations for.Your not supposed to be impressed by anything you haven't seen yet.

I don't like Si for the same reason I like Hulk.I like SI because it is a great event in Marvel history....I like it for the same reason I liked Civil War.I feel like I am watching it unfold as a citizen in that universe.An alien Invasion on earth.I enjoy the big battles too but the biggest thing I like about SI is all the setup for future storyline in the next events to come.I like Hulk\Rulk because it's back to the roots of Hulk.He's a big,giant monster who smashes stuff....I like to see characters get the sh#t beat out of them.So when they Hulk be Hulk I'll read it.There is no real storyline needed.
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By John Valentine
Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:

MARVEL IS THE BEST
(with vertigo as second)
"
IMO:

Marvel and DC.
Image.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Valentine said:
"Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:

MARVEL IS THE BEST
(with vertigo as second)
"
IMO:

Marvel and DC.
Image."
Image is pretty good.

Vertigo is underrated for there story-telling but there art sucks.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ad62b7fdcdca
deactivated-5ad62b7fdcdca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I DONT HNOW WHO STARTED THIS CRAP BUT THERE SERIOUSLY MESSED UP IN THE HEAD!!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By John Valentine
TheDrifter said:
"John Valentine said:
"Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:

MARVEL IS THE BEST
(with vertigo as second)
"
IMO:

Marvel and DC.
Image."
Image is pretty good.

Vertigo is underrated for there story-telling but there art sucks."
Isn't Vertigo just a DC imprint?

I read a few issues of Y: The Last Man, I liked it, but too much other stuff has my interest.

mage is quite good, I especially like The Walking Dead.
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By never give up
coral web said:
"I DONT HNOW WHO STARTED THIS CRAP BUT THERE SERIOUSLY MESSED UP IN THE HEAD!!"
lol you okay.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Valentine said:
"TheDrifter said:
"John Valentine said:
"Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:

MARVEL IS THE BEST
(with vertigo as second)
"
IMO:

Marvel and DC.
Image."
Image is pretty good.

Vertigo is underrated for there story-telling but there art sucks."
Isn't Vertigo just a DC imprint?

I read a few issues of Y: The Last Man, I liked it, but too much other stuff has my interest.

mage is quite good, I especially like The Walking Dead."
Yeah, Vertigo is a more darker version of DC. I liked Constantine but I'm trying to keep up with Thunderbolts.

Image, I like Invincible.
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By John Valentine

Klkl.

I like Thunderbolts, I have a couple of issues post Civil War: great team.

Do you still like Moon Knight?

Invincible is ok IMO.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Nighthunter
Vance Astro said:
As far as feats of physical ability though...you cannot deny that DC\Wildstorm do not consider how unrealistic and sometimes inconsistent their physical ability feats are.Now Marvel has some pretty ridiculous ones but I don't think any on the level of impossibility as DC."
I know they are ridiculous, so are marvel, image, vertigo, etc. because at the end of the day, they are comic books, they are the only medium which can grab different impossible characters and put them together in impossible situation without it looking off.

Vance Astro said:

You say Secret Invasion is boring..I think Final Crisis is boring.Not only do I not have any idea what is going on..nothing that has happened yet has come as a surprise or moved me in any kind of way at all.At least in the begginning SI had the suspense factor.
"
So the death of Martian Manhunter, the return of Barry Allen, the world being taken by Darkseid, the gods (greek, egyptian, etc) being overthrown by the new gods, the possible death of Lois Lane, the capture of Hal Jordan,etc are no important? Final Crisis is an event that has Darkseid as the ultimate badass finally achieving his destiny of taking over the Multiverse and to do so he is taking down the greatest heroes one by one in different ways.

To understand it you only need a basic knowledge of the new gods and understand that this is Morrison's way of reviving the franchise by putting them in the spotlight

Vance Astro said:

You have no idea what is going to happen in Dark Reign..your making assumptions about something that isn't even out yet and that there is barely solicitations for.Your not supposed to be impressed by anything you haven't seen yet.

They fight together, beat the skrulls and realize the error of their ways, the world though ain't ready to accept and so a new era with new line-ups for the avengers is formed, the dark avengers are most of the thunderbolts disguised, the original thunderbolts are reformed with Penance in them.

They are assumptions but thanks to solicits, teasers and a few comics that are already in Dark Reign, I can almost guaranty will happen, I'm not sure but I have a strong feeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I still like Moon Knight.

Thunderbolts has been awesome but I severely want them to bring Zemo back