Mark Millar - Wanted (the brilliance of it)

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By goldenkey

I am a HUGE Millar fan. Sure some people hate him, but there is a hater for every writer out there. Right now tho, I don't think there is more successful, in terms of marketing and MONEY making then he is. That's another subject all together. My point is this. When Morrison, I love also, started writing X-Men, he just killed it for me. I was amazed at how he handled the JLA, and he without a doubt got me buying DC books. I owned a few trades here and there of course. My all time favorite is DKR and I wasn't even collenting Batman. Anyway. I stopped buying any X related books till the guy at the comic shop handed me a soft covered "yearly best of" collection of the 1st 3 Ultimate X-Men books for free and said "Read it". I found, not only my new book but my X-Men book. I collected Ultimate X-Men after that (till Millar left and it went to crap) I have a ton of reasons why it was just so genious, and I might actually start a forum on that along. What ever. 1 day while picking up my monthly Ult. X-Men book my ever so faithful comic store employee handed me a trade of Millars "The Ultimates" I didn't collect any Avengers but thru this it was a great way of jumping on. I was floored to see Millar was the writer. I think at the time Bendis was the only other writer not on a single book. Bendis was on Ult Spider-man and D.D. I boutght it. great jumping on point. To my delight it was better then Ult. X-Men. Sure I knew the history of the Avengers, I'm a comic dork like you people but this was magic. After all of that I saw a trade with one of the coolest covers................EVER! Wesley Gibson in FULL attire. The kicker was that it was written by Mark Millar. I bought it on the spot. I loved it. It's soooo good. It has my favorite quote of ALL time in any comic, movie, book, etc. "I don't fuck goats, I make love to them" Anyway. I wikied it and to my amazement discovered something that I can't believe I didn't notice. The world of "Wanted" was a world of the Multi-verse. I wondered why Millar used so many cheesy name to describe his character and found out on Wiki that the story is actually one of Deadshot inbetween a war of the Joker and Lex Luthers. Sure I noticed some of the references but didn't notice that one. What goes does is just so great I had to make this forum. Then I read another thing. For those of you that hate Millar you'll hate him even more because this but won't be able ti deny his brilliance. He had J.G. Jones draw Wesley to look like Emenem. Emenem was huge at the time and Millar started a rumor saying that Emenem was starring as Weslley in the film version. There was no film deal at the time. He did it to sell the book, but the genious part was that he said Emenem didn't turn the part down. How could he. He was never offered the roll. So it wasn't a lie. What ever. just read the book, know it's the multi-verse, and look for the Batman/Superman referneces. Also notice the charters you do know inked in another color. They were actually used as homage. It's just silly good.

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By JairamGanpat

This Paragraph is ridiculous LOL

I'm glad you like the book and I like it too but if my English teacher saw this, he'd probably burst into flames. :p

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By _Zombie_

Line breaks are your friend, man.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

@JairamGanpat said:

I'm glad you like the book and I like it too but if my English teacher saw this, he'd probably burst into flames. :p

hahahahahahaha, qft

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Line breaks are your friend, man.

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@JairamGanpat said:

hahahahahahaha, qft

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Nerx

@goldenkey:

This is totally not a battle thread soo...

he was once a b!tch then he took up the gun as a rite of passage

The book is one of my favorite moment of escapism, there is a gratuitous amount of murder, rape of various people and a crazy amount or moral depravity done by the main character. All done without remorse and it shows that villains should really be like.