turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#51  Edited By turoksonofstone

@Decoy Elite said:

@turoksonofstone: I respectfully disagree. I did not enjoy that film.

@AllStarSuperman said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@AllStarSuperman: Kick-Ass.

oh im stupid, you dont like Kick ass? its my favorite movie?

@turoksonofstone: Kick is the best film ever its my favorite.

Hey to each his own. :)=

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@Decoy Elite said:

@AllStarSuperman: I didn't like it. At all.

why? i know it was kinda perverted and messed up but when i think of it i think awesome fight sences and the movie gets the perfec sence of being a hero same with batman begins. i dont even remember the nasty stuff until i watch it again.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@turoksonofstone: other than MOS i think Kick ass 2 will be the best movie of 2013

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Decoy Elite

@AllStarSuperman said:

@Decoy Elite said:

why? i know it was kinda perverted and messed up but when i think of it i think awesome fight sences and the movie gets the perfec sence of being a hero same with batman begins. i dont even remember the nasty stuff until i watch it again.

Didn't find the jokes funny, felt the attempts to make them undercut any drama, and I really didn't understand just what the movie was trying to do overall.

I understand liking it, but it was just not my kind of movie.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By spinningbirdcake

@Fallen_Crippled said:

Aquaman cant talk under water?

I think what he's saying is that it's unclear how it would be done. Would the voice be muffled? Would it sound regular? Would there be bubbles every time he opened his mouth? That sort of thing.

I'd say he's mostly wrong, though I do wonder how some of Flash's villains prove to be a challenge to him sometimes. I could swallow Grodd in a Flash movie easy, but I'm not sure people that don't read comics could. The Green Lantern movie didn't work because it was a bad movie. Superman is timeless I think, so it doesn't matter how old he is. And as a previous poster said lots of Marvel characters are several decades old as well so the age argument doesn't work.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#56  Edited By turoksonofstone

@AllStarSuperman said:

@turoksonofstone: other than MOS i think Kick ass 2 will be the best movie of 2013

I agree with you about Kick-Ass 2, MOS looks like it could go either way. DC needs it to be a HUGE success....

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By kingsloth

I read a ton of DC and no marvel.I honestly don't think you can do a justice league movie. I think a wonder woman movie needs to be made, and if they had better righters and focused on old school alan scott style flash and avoided the extra terrestrial element they could have done a good green lantern movie. Flash is trickier because of his rogue gallery, i just don't see people lining up to see him fight gorilla grodd or captain cold (it would be batman and robin all over again). I feel the same way about aquaman it cant be done, but to be fair marvel couldn't pull off a submariner movie either.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By spinningbirdcake

@kingsloth said:

I feel the same way about aquaman it cant be done, but to be fair marvel couldn't pull off a submariner movie either.

You don't think Namor could work for the inevitable FF reboot?

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ImmortalT1000

WOW What a waste Miller made.

Mine as well call him

Miller = Killer

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By kingsloth

@spinningbirdcake: As a villain maybe, but i wouldn't waste my money seeing any Fantastic Four reboot and he couldn't have his own movie.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By colonyofcells

Easy to avoid movie problems by doing a realistic take on Justice League and by reducing powers. Justice League can be done as a terrorist organization hunted by the American military. Just do the weak John Byrne Superman for the movies. Superman can travel in space using space ships or space warps via kryptonian technology and gadgets similar to the mother box and technology of the New Gods. Green Lantern can go to other planets using star gates. Can limit the Green Lantern power to telekinetic constructs. Flash can be like a fast mutant only and not the speed of light. Wonder Woman can have Captain America level powers only.

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By kingsloth

@colonyofcellssaid:

Easy to avoid movie problems by doing a realistic take on Justice League and by reducing powers. Wonder Woman can have Captain America level powers only.

I would never purchase another Wonderwoman book if they reduced her powers to captain americas level. She has to be around the same level marvel portrays Thor if not higher.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By colonyofcells

Aquaman problem is also easily fixed by doing Aquaman as a super powered person from Atlantis who operates in the cities same as Superman. Aquaman needs to avoid stories set in the polluted ocean that humans treat as a giant garbage dump. Better to avoid stories set in the ocean bec. sea life is not going to last for too long anymore bec. of human overpopulation. For Wonder Woman better to do her as Captain America level to showcase the fighting skills of Wonder Woman. I also like the power level in the movie Bourne Legacy. I don't believe Thor uses kung fu much so a weaker Wonder Woman who does kung fu should be more interesting.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Decoy Elite

The JLA shouldn't be realistic.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@Decoy Elite said:

@AllStarSuperman said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Didn't find the jokes funny, felt the attempts to make them undercut any drama, and I really didn't understand just what the movie was trying to do overall.

I understand liking it, but it was just not my kind of movie.

i think it worked becuase it wasnt quite as dark as the comic and it had humour along with it. i can respect that its not for everyone though my brother hated it.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By colonyofcells

Since the upcoming superman movie is being done in a realistic manner same as the Nolan Batman movies, my guess is the Justice League movie will also be realistic. It is better for DC to do realistic movies so people can't say dc is just copying the Marvel movies. The flop Green Lantern movie was just copying the marvel movies and the Green Lantern movie was rejected by the customers. Dc has a huge lead in Vertigo comics for adults and DC should concentrate on translating Vertigo properties into movies and doing Vertigo versions of the iconic super heroes in the movies.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By Gambit1024

@Decoy Elite said:

How do you feel about Man of Steel's approach, if you don't mind my asking?

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By kingsloth

@colonyofcells: Thor doesnt use kung fu at all

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Gambit1024 said:

@Decoy Elite said:

How do you feel about Man of Steel's approach, if you don't mind my asking?

Personally I'm not liking the vibe I'm getting. Things like "the modern viewing public won't enjoy an idealistic story" are being thrown around and that really bugs me.

I mean I'm not saying it'll be bad by any means, but it sounds like it won't actually be much of Superman movie. Or at least the a movie about the Superman I enjoy.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy's a moron, he may have had a dose of whatever lil Wanye is on

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By colonyofcells

I have long ago suggested dc to go back to the 1938 illegal Superman and the Philip Wyle Gladiator for Superman comics and Superman movie so I am hoping the realistic Superman will be accepted by the general public. Long ago in the dc forums, I also suggested to update the Superman costume to become kryptonian armor and the usual conservatives ganged up on me and New 52 finally arrived to prove I am right but the armor unfortunately still looks like the old spandex instead of real armor. The spandex also looks silly in live action as seen in the upcoming Superman movie where most people will just be laughing at the usual bulge.

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By kingsloth

@Decoy Elite: I think you cant make superman non-idealistic, he represents what evryone aspires to be more than any superhero

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Decoy Elite

@kingsloth said:

@Decoy Elite: I think you cant make superman non-idealistic, he represents what evryone aspires to be more than any superhero

Exactly, I think idealism is a fundamental aspect of Superman stories.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By colonyofcells

Fundamental aspects are illusions and anything can be changed if needed including Superman personality, Superman origin, Superman power levels, Superman's purpose, etc.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Man of Steel is going to be the litmus test for whether JL is successful or not. Frankly I don't put stock into anything Millar says anyway, whether complaint or praise. And just the fact that he has flip flopped on his opinion of this shows that we should truly NOT give a rat's @$$ what he says.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#76  Edited By entropy_aegis

@SmashBrawler said:

Looks like Millar is suffering from the same brain disease that has been afflicting Frank Miller from years now.

Hmm... must be in the name. "Miller/Millar Syndrome", sounds about right.

He's been suffering from this disease for years(Civil War).

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#77  Edited By Billy Batson

Millar being a twat. Nothing new.
BB

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TheHulk

@Xanni15 said:

@TheHulk said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Xanni15

Where did he trash it?

I though it was nice of him to try to help DC out. Flash is a ridiculously difficult character to bring to the big screen, plus not only Flash but other members haven't been handled properly. The only good Superman films are animated, Wonder Woman can't get off the ground, Manhunter and Cyborg are not big enough for solos. It's all been on Batman to keep DC afloat.

DC is taking a huge risk just throwing heroes together for JL, Marvel showed them how it is done.

This

Uh. HELLO? What about the original Superman with the John Willaims score?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(film)#Release

And the Batman trilogy obviously.

Get that garbage outta here, Hulk.

Obviously Batman, he's been carrying their film franchise for over 20 years.

Hulk thought people loved the first Superman movie.

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Batnandez

@entropy_aegis said:

@SmashBrawler said:

Looks like Millar is suffering from the same brain disease that has been afflicting Frank Miller from years now.

Hmm... must be in the name. "Miller/Millar Syndrome", sounds about right.

He's been suffering from this disease for years(Civil War).

Yeah I recently bought it, while I didn't hate hate it was sort of a wtf this was stupid reaction. I mean the ending was just bleh. Captain America is like ok guys I was wrong lets stop fighting and everyone is like mmmkay Cap.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
@TheHulk

@Xanni15 said:

@TheHulk said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Xanni15

Where did he trash it?

I though it was nice of him to try to help DC out. Flash is a ridiculously difficult character to bring to the big screen, plus not only Flash but other members haven't been handled properly. The only good Superman films are animated, Wonder Woman can't get off the ground, Manhunter and Cyborg are not big enough for solos. It's all been on Batman to keep DC afloat.

DC is taking a huge risk just throwing heroes together for JL, Marvel showed them how it is done.

This

Uh. HELLO? What about the original Superman with the John Willaims score?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(film)#Release

And the Batman trilogy obviously.

Get that garbage outta here, Hulk.

Obviously Batman, he's been carrying their film franchise for over 20 years.

Hulk thought people loved the first Superman movie.

You know that was 30 years ago
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81  Edited By Timandm

I'm having a hard time believing Mark Millar actually said these things... I realize he DID but...really? REALLY?!?!?!

We can make a movie in which Thor has feathers on his HEAD but Flash can have 'Lightning Bolts?'

We can make a movie where a 180 lb man turns into an 800 lb jolly green giant who can somehow leap ten miles, generate force that moves objects weighting a thousand times what he does, but we can't deal with Aqua-man talking underwater? There's just no way Hollywood could possibly do that? Really?!?!?! REALLY MARK?

We can make a great Super Man movie but OMG Green Lantern is impossible?!!?!?

I believe it was Socrates who first said, "W T F?!?!?" Although, it could have been Sophocles. I get them confused sometimes...

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TheHulk

@Timandm said:

I'm having a hard time believing Mark Millar actually said these things... I realize he DID but...really? REALLY?!?!?!

We can make a movie in which Thor has feathers on his HEAD but Flash can have 'Lightning Bolts?'

We can make a movie where a 180 lb man turns into an 800 lb jolly green giant who can somehow leap ten miles, generate force that moves objects weighting a thousand times what he does, but we can't deal with Aqua-man talking underwater? There's just no way Hollywood could possibly do that? Really?!?!?! REALLY MARK?

We can make a great Super Man movie but OMG Green Lantern is impossible?!!?!?

I believe it was Socrates who first said, "W T F?!?!?" Although, it could have been Sophocles. I get them confused sometimes...

And puny humans can make movie about guy in flying suit of armor, but not one of flying chick with patriotic clothing.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Timandm

@TheHulk: A HOT flying chick..... in skimpy clothing... flying over head... Now who wouldn't want to see that?!?!?!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MAZAHS117

As asanine as they are his words are, they are the exact thinking of Warner Bros! They don't believe in their own characters/properties. The sheer fact that you would blame the characters and their powers is just code for "I don't know what the hell I'm doing". I don't want to hear about the characters being too old for todays society. Captain America is every bit as old as Supes/Bats/Wondy and MARVEL Studios was still able to take that old character with it's old ideals and adapt it to live film and modernize it for todays audience...successfully!...and don't even get me started on Thor!...a character from a make-believe fantasy world, with a MAGIC hammer, that speaks shakespearean and travels back and forth from our world to his on a RAINBOW bridge?! o_O....somehow MARVEL Studios turns Thor into one of the biggest bada$$es we've seen on film...again, successfully...The problem isn't the characters, but the people making the films. The directors that get the gigs, the actors, the writers all are responsible for bring the material to life. If the right people aren't involved, then it doesn't matter who the character is and what their powers are, it's gonna be crap! Plain and simple. This trane of thought is exactly why WB/DC is losing the battle in the movie war. MARVEL is not afraid to take risk with their lesser known characters, while WB/DC doesn't believe in the ones they have.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mk111

DC is doomed when it comes to films not called Batman or Dark Knight, it seems.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By TheHulk

@Timandm said:

@TheHulk: A HOT flying chick..... in skimpy clothing... flying over head... Now who wouldn't want to see that?!?!?!

Maybe that very reason they haven't done it. Hulk have no clue. Hulk no work for DC.

Hulk think maybe they should try new attempt at Steel movie to do a different hero. Hulk aware of fancy CGI and great effects for characters. The crappy effects and costume must've been what held Steel's last attempt at movie back.

No Caption Provided

That, and Shaquille O Neil. Hulk think they should give Steel movie one more shot.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I don't want to see a JL movie. Than again, I don;t really want to see another Superman movie unless it means a Batman v.s Superman Miller style movie in the future.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@SHAZAM117 said:

As asanine as they are his words are, they are the exact thinking of Warner Bros! They don't believe in their own characters/properties. The sheer fact that you would blame the characters and their powers is just code for "I don't know what the hell I'm doing". I don't want to hear about the characters being too old for todays society. Captain America is every bit as old as Supes/Bats/Wondy and MARVEL Studios was still able to take that old character with it's old ideals and adapt it to live film and modernize it for todays audience...successfully!...and don't even get me started on Thor!...a character from a make-believe fantasy world, with a MAGIC hammer, that speaks shakespearean and travels back and forth from our world to his on a RAINBOW bridge?! o_O....somehow MARVEL Studios turns Thor into one of the biggest bada$$es we've seen on film...again, successfully...The problem isn't the characters, but the people making the films. The directors that get the gigs, the actors, the writers all are responsible for bring the material to life. If the right people aren't involved, then it doesn't matter who the character is and what their powers are, it's gonna be crap! Plain and simple. This trane of thought is exactly why WB/DC is losing the battle in the movie war. MARVEL is not afraid to take risk with their lesser known characters, while WB/DC doesn't believe in the ones they have.

This so very much. Everybody knows that DC/WB are the biggest pussies when it comes to making movies about their characters. They only take chances with Batman because they believe he is the only guaranteed to make profit.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Timandm

@TheHulk: Hulk.. That Steel movie was SO PAINFULLY BAD, that even though my wife and I saw it at the Dollar Theater, I still feel that we were ripped off.... But, the Iron Man movies has shown us that we CAN make great movies of mean wearing metal...

@mk111 said:

DC is doomed when it comes to films not called Batman or Dark Knight, it seems.

But...??? What about the Green Lantern movie... Didn't it a good scene in there... somewhere? I can't really remember because I slept through most of it, but there had to be SOMETHING good about it... no?

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheHulk

@Timandm said:

@TheHulk: Hulk.. That Steel movie was SO PAINFULLY BAD, that even though my wife and I saw it at the Dollar Theater, I still feel that we were ripped off.... But, the Iron Man movies has shown us that we CAN make great movies of mean wearing metal...

That why maybe they could try again with Steel. Puny movie execs could do good 2nd time.

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

That's a really childish stab at the justice league...purely for attention I reckon.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

@spinningbirdcake: Ahh. I see now. Thanks for clearing that up. Now I wonder the same...

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By kingsloth

they really should do a wonder woman movie she is the only female character in comics that could have her own movie. as I said earlier they did green lantern wrong by focusing on hal jordan, they should have done alan scott (straight version).

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#94  Edited By Cap10nate

I still can't see how to make a good live action team movie with the Flash. He is great on paper because you can draw him 8 times in one panel to show that he is moving fast. In a live action movie with people who don't move as fast as him, you have to slow the motion down every time you want to show him doing something. And while slow motion is cool every now and then, it would get quite old if it has to be done throughout the entire movie just to show him doing something. Then, whenever it isn't in slow motion, do you just see a blur? I would like to see a solo movie with the Flash, but I just don't think he would work well in a live action team movie.

DaAwesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DaAwesome2

It's odd that they brought up the X-Men/FF movies as a way of calling Millar a hypocrite since those movies were medicore to just damn awful. If anything, those would prove his point.

Now, Cap/Ironman/Spiderman/Avengers flicks definitely contradict him.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#96  Edited By joshmightbe

I honestly doubt WB will actually have the balls to do a JLA movie anyway due to their complete lack of Support for any non Bat related hero but I do believe trashing something before they even have a final script is pretty much pointless gesturing

DaAwesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By DaAwesome2

@TheHulk:

Batman has more personality than the others. He's pretty much a good to great character no matter who writes him. Most of those other characters are just plain boring unless they have a GREAT writer.

DaAwesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By DaAwesome2

@TheHulk:

You're basically admitting that there hasn't been a good Superman movie in over 30 yrs. That don't help your cause.

If you count Watchmen then DC has had 4 good to great films in the last 10 yrs or so. That's a good ratio to be sure. But it's basically only Batman who they've had any lasting success with.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#99  Edited By fodigg

His concerns match my own, but there are a lot of different JL members they can choose from if they're willing to go outside the original 7. A JL movie really only needs to be the "big three and friends" anyway.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Eternal19

@DaAwesome2 said:

@TheHulk:

Batman has more personality than the others. He's pretty much a good to great character no matter who writes him. Most of those other characters are just plain boring unless they have a GREAT writer.

Really? cmon do you really want to go there