#1 Edited by Inverno (13219 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it looks like I am only watching this movie one month after its initial release in the States. Go to hell, DC! At least Marvel released the Avengers one week in Brazil before every where else!!!

#2 Posted by Teerack (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

EU gets a lot of things before NA.

Online
#3 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

You are getting a Superman movie without the John williams score and with a superman wearing an armored lizard scaled suit. Who cares if you get it late, it wont really be a SUPERMAN movie without some core elements.

#4 Posted by Lvenger (19854 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

You are getting a Superman movie without the John williams score and with a superman wearing an armored lizard scaled suit. Who cares if you get it late, it wont really be a SUPERMAN movie without some core elements.

Give me a break. They have to differentiate from what made the Reeve Superman films what they were. If they copied it, it wouldn't be unique now would it? The suit already looks better than the underpants Reeve was wearing. And you fail to see that this is a different type of Superman for a different age. Reeve epitomised the Silver Age Superman and now Snyder and Nolan are looking to do the same for a modern Superman. So it lacks bells and whistles, it's looking like a damn awesome film so far.

#5 Posted by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@P0rtal said:

You are getting a Superman movie without the John williams score and with a superman wearing an armored lizard scaled suit. Who cares if you get it late, it wont really be a SUPERMAN movie without some core elements.

Give me a break. They have to differentiate from what made the Reeve Superman films what they were. If they copied it, it wouldn't be unique now would it? The suit already looks better than the underpants Reeve was wearing. And you fail to see that this is a different type of Superman for a different age. Reeve epitomised the Silver Age Superman and now Snyder and Nolan are looking to do the same for a modern Superman. So it lacks bells and whistles, it's looking like a damn awesome film so far.

QFT

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I will miss the Williams theme but Its not the end of the world.

#7 Posted by Lvenger (19854 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss Williams' theme either as the guy basically composed the piece of music that represents Superman best. However I understand the decision to not use it again as it would tie the film too closely to the past.

#8 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

We're screwed..

Piratebay, here I come.

#9 Posted by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

19 june in Belgium but Marvel releases their movies faster here so yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

#10 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Even South Africa is getting it before Brazil.

#11 Posted by ArticulateT (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I'm still miffed about the Wreck It Ralph release date (still not out over here... yay.)

Chances are, like the Avengers, I'll set out to see Man of Steel, but never get to it.

#12 Edited by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Would you remake the Godfather without the Godfather theme, or make another star wars movie without the john williams score? Back to the Future? Indiana Jones? No? Didn't think so. Can you hum the Batman theme from the Dark Knight Trilogy? Can you hum anything by Hanz ? No, because he is not a memorable composer. All of his music sounds the same, very dark, very gritty, unmemorable. This is what you are going to get with Superman. Quote me on that.

The suit is poorly designed and you know it. It looks awful and provokes an image of weakness in Superman, that he needs to wear garb like that for protection or something. The suit should be smooth, linear and without texture. Not riveted, scaled and like he has some blue leather stuck to his back and running down his mid section. I am not happy about the Fat squiggly S, it also promotes a sense of laziness, weakness and FATNESS. The center of the S is much fatter than the rest of it, and it looks really dumb.

Modern Superman? Pfft. This will be a very weak version of Superman lacking powers, highly emotional and unable to make decisions on his own. You'll see. I was wright about Superman Returns years ago, I'm right about this as well. You say its looking like a damn fine film, lets break this down further.

- Lead role given to a bad actor. DId you see that movie Immortals? No? Go watch it and come back here and tell me YES, thats SUPERMANNNNNNNNN!!!!! with a straight face.

- Nobody I can think of in the entire cast fits. Amy Adams as Lois? FISCHBERN AS PERRY WHITE?! I just can't see that.

-There will be no KNEEL BEFORE ZOD line, and the actor who plays him is always very emotional about his roles he plays in interviews. Go watch his videos for other movies where he talks to reporters. Very funny, smiling, happy. For ALL of his Man of Steel interviews, his face is like stone, low shoulders, monotone, unenthusiastic. Great Sign he is happy with the movie? Nah.

-Excessive CGI. Sorry, but take a look at the shot of Superman when he takes off. He is Neo from the Matrix now I guess. Since when does SUCTION occur when Superman starts to fly? Since when does he leave jet stream trails from the clouds in his wake? Watch that scene in Superman 1 on the Helipad when Superman talks to Lois and then flys backwards up and into the sky. That shot was a masterpiece without CGI. You know damned well if that were Zach, that entire shot would be CGI toon Superman. You know it!

- No John Williams Score AT ALL? Why? Why not just in the credits or the titles? Be respectful. In this case he isn't.

-Hardly any media released for a very long time, too long in fact. Bad Sign they are not happy with the results.

-The trailer stole music from Lord of the Rings. STOLEN! Why? Because Hanz couldn't come up with anything decent. There will be nothing synonymous about the score that we can come back in 30 years and say yes, that fits perfect for Superman.

-Um...Superman is a dead dog bum now? A highly depressive emotional wreck who grew a long beard and worked on a boat? Seriously....that really invokes SUPERMAN to me. >.>

Yea bro, the movie looks awesome!!!! Fail.

@Lvenger said:

@P0rtal said:

You are getting a Superman movie without the John williams score and with a superman wearing an armored lizard scaled suit. Who cares if you get it late, it wont really be a SUPERMAN movie without some core elements.

Give me a break. They have to differentiate from what made the Reeve Superman films what they were. If they copied it, it wouldn't be unique now would it? The suit already looks better than the underpants Reeve was wearing. And you fail to see that this is a different type of Superman for a different age. Reeve epitomised the Silver Age Superman and now Snyder and Nolan are looking to do the same for a modern Superman. So it lacks bells and whistles, it's looking like a damn awesome film so far.

#13 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal: Immortals was awesome. Just wanted to get that out there.

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal: So basically you're mad that they aren't doing a remake of Superman 2? Also those movies you mentioned aren't the same as Superman, those are movies that have been made by pretty much the same people throughout their franchise you're asking a completely different crew to basically pretend to be the people that came before and thats not fair and its honestly a bad idea.

#15 Posted by Lvenger (19854 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

Would you remake the Godfather without the Godfather theme, or make another star wars movie without the john williams score? Back to the Future? Indiana Jones? No? Didn't think so. Can you hum the Batman theme from the Dark Knight Trilogy? Can you hum anything by Hanz ? No, because he is not a memorable composer. All of his music sounds the same, very dark, very gritty, unmemorable. This is what you are going to get with Superman. Quote me on that.

If by miserable you mean epic, dramatic scores then count me in. I love Hans's music, almost as much as Williams. Quote me on that.

@P0rtal said:

The suit is poorly designed and you know it. It looks awful and provokes an image of weakness in Superman, that he needs to wear garb like that for protection or something. The suit should be smooth, linear and without texture. Not riveted, scaled and like he has some blue leather stuck to his back and running down his mid section. I am not happy about the Fat squiggly S, it also promotes a sense of laziness, weakness and FATNESS. The center of the S is much fatter than the rest of it, and it looks really dumb.

Weakness? How does it show weakness? All those reasons you've given are trivial to say the least. And the S looks quite striking IMO. None of these reasons actually stand true in the light of his costume.

@P0rtal said:

Modern Superman? Pfft. This will be a very weak version of Superman lacking powers, highly emotional and unable to make decisions on his own. You'll see. I was wright about Superman Returns years ago, I'm right about this as well. You say its looking like a damn fine film, lets break this down further.

Yes modern Superman as in the damn best version of Superman to date. He hasn't shown himself to be whiny in his role and he appears an imposing signal of hope for humanity. And it's highly arrogant, pretentious and foolish to say you're right about this you twit. Can you see into the future? No. Then don't impose your view like it's the damn right one.

@P0rtal said:

- Lead role given to a bad actor. DId you see that movie Immortals? No? Go watch it and come back here and tell me YES, thats SUPERMANNNNNNNNN!!!!! with a straight face.

No I haven't but I do know Cahill has researched the role by reading several classic Superman graphic novels, something that Reeve did not emulate. That shows commitment to respecting the role. And in just a few lines, he showed he was looking like an awesome Superman. Why do you think Cahill's performence is all hushed up?

@P0rtal said:

- Nobody I can think of in the entire cast fits. Amy Adams as Lois? FISCHBERN AS PERRY WHITE?! I just can't see that.

Adams has had several strong leading roles from what I've heard. And Fischbern is a terrific actor. Don't judge him because he doesn't look like Perry White at all.

@P0rtal said:

-There will be no KNEEL BEFORE ZOD line, and the actor who plays him is always very emotional about his roles he plays in interviews. Go watch his videos for other movies where he talks to reporters. Very funny, smiling, happy. For ALL of his Man of Steel interviews, his face is like stone, low shoulders, monotone, unenthusiastic. Great Sign he is happy with the movie? Nah.

So who gives a damn? The Kneel Before Zod line is associated with the Reeve films which you're very hung up on and it shows in your argument. As for your other point, the film is being hushed up so he's not giving anything away. He is an actor so he can probably give off the wrong impression to you in terms of body language.

@P0rtal said:

-Excessive CGI. Sorry, but take a look at the shot of Superman when he takes off. He is Neo from the Matrix now I guess. Since when does SUCTION occur when Superman starts to fly? Since when does he leave jet stream trails from the clouds in his wake? Watch that scene in Superman 1 on the Helipad when Superman talks to Lois and then flys backwards up and into the sky. That shot was a masterpiece without CGI. You know damned well if that were Zach, that entire shot would be CGI toon Superman. You know it!

Sorry but all I see is epic CGI of Superman bursting through the clouds like a plane or a rocket. Your petty Neo from the Matrix comparison is highly laughable seeing as that's the best criticism you have of the argument. And Reeve's flight was amazing for its time but this is the 21st century we're in. Superman should be taking flight in a majestic, powerful way which Reeve could never emulate with the special effects of his time.

@P0rtal said:

- No John Williams Score AT ALL? Why? Why not just in the credits or the titles? Be respectful. In this case he isn't.

-Hardly any media released for a very long time, too long in fact. Bad Sign they are not happy with the results.

-The trailer stole music from Lord of the Rings. STOLEN! Why? Because Hanz couldn't come up with anything decent. There were be nothing synonymous about the score that we can come back in 30 years and say yes, that fits perfect for Superman.

It's a different film for a different time. The Nolan films didn't need the Burton theme to be as awesome as they are. Secondly they're probably working hard on putting it into production. And finally what's the source for this because I haven't heard of it.

@P0rtal said:

-Um...Superman is a dead dog bum now? A highly depressive emotional wreck who grew a long beard and worked on a boat? Seriously....that really invokes SUPERMAN to me. >.>

Yea bro, the movie looks awesome!!!! Fail.

That's an indication they're going to look at Superman travelling the world. You know like he did in the modern continuity and Birthright, an awesome origin story. Finally it's utterly laughable that you say my argument fails when yours is based on weak premises, subjective views and biased points. I can't say for certain MOS will be awesome but it's looking that way. When it probably does turn out that way, I'll enjoy smirking to you about it. And if you're still fanboy raging, which this argument reeks of, then there's no pleasing everyone is there? :P

#16 Posted by Lvenger (19854 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@P0rtal: So basically you're mad that they aren't doing a remake of Superman 2? Also those movies you mentioned aren't the same as Superman, those are movies that have been made by pretty much the same people throughout their franchise you're asking a completely different crew to basically pretend to be the people that came before and thats not fair and its honestly a bad idea.

I doubt there'll be any changing this guy's mind but my last post shows exactly what's wrong with his argument.

#17 Posted by dondave (37362 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal: The suction you see in the trailer when Superman is flying is a Sonic Boom due to the fact that Suprman is flying at Mach 1. It actually shows realism

#18 Posted by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

To each his/her own opinion.

I, on the other hand, am really looking forward to MoS. Superman Returns was alright. Not as bad as many critics depict it to be. So, my hopes are really high for this one.

#19 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman trailer looks awesome. And I couldn't care less when Brazil gets to see it. Guess that's insensitive or selfish of me, but there you go.