Man of Steel vs All the buildings in Metropolis

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Son_of_simba

Im just curious which people prefer the new the more cautious version of superman as opposed to the won who will speed blitz through a crowded building or gas station just to get the chance to punch zod in the face some more. Do you guys think that this new man of steel earth actually even needed a superman?

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maybe some billion dollar company will fund for the damages, all the while donning a mask and telling him to stop making so much destruction...

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im just curious which people prefer the new the more cautious version of superman as opposed to the won who will speed blitz through a crowded building or gas station just to get the chance to punch zod in the face some more. Do you guys think that this new man of steel earth actually even need a superman?

Well he stopped the genocide of all humanity.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Son_of_simba

@black_arrow: but hes also part of the cause of the near genocide of the human race so sort of a hollow victory there its kinda like releasing an eagle into a chicken coop and then releasing a wolf in there to kill the eagle while slaughtering a dozen chickens thats my analogy of the heroes role in this movie and i use the tern hero kinda losely

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Black_Arrow

@son_of_simba said:

@black_arrow: but hes also part of the cause of the near genocide of the human race so sort of a hollow victory there

I see your point but I think you are unfair with him, He only got one film and when he put the costume he had to fight his race. He had literal no time to do tons of good things. In the next film we will see more how his actions changed the world. He showed that he could be the champion of the earth because he defied his own race to save humans.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: im not complaining i enjoyed the film i just think it feels more like an anti hero film cous im pretty sure he killed atleast as many people as some other definitive anti heroes like vegeta, deadpool or punisher while saving a few people along the road

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: im not complaining i enjoyed the film i just think it feels more like an anti hero film cous im pretty sure he killed atleast as many people as some other definitive anti heroes like vegeta, deadpool or punisher while saving a few people along the road

Well we didn't see anyone actually dying most of the buildings were not occupied because people were escaping from the world engine.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Son_of_simba

@black_arrow: they couldnt evacuate a whole city that fast in such short notice even if they wanted too other wise loads of real life tragedies such as earthquakes or tsunamis could easily be avoided with minimal casualties not to mention you didnt see an insane amount of trafic so they clearly wernt some mass evacuation going on some people might not have known whats going on even and you tend not to see piles of corpses when there crushed by debris thats why u hear all these stories about people being trapped under debris and found days/weeks later by rescue teems in the news

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, people seem to love Justice league, JLU, and Superman animated series...If you thought MoS was bad, you would HATE that show lol.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Son_of_simba

@aquaman01: i never hated MoS and i never hated JLU great cartoon never bothered to watch superman though one hero just wernt interesting enough for me unless it was batman or spidernan

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: they couldnt evacuate a whole city that fast in such short notice even if they wanted too other wise loads of real life tragedies such as earthquakes or tsunamis could easily be avoided with minimal casualties not to mention you didnt see an insane amount of trafic so they clearly wernt some mass evacuation going on some people might not have known whats going on even and you tend not to see piles of corpses when there crushed by debris thats why u hear all these stories about people being trapped under debris and found days/weeks later by rescue teems in the news

Well we actually didn't saw anybody die (They didnt have a problem showing Zod die) so It is all speculation saying that people die. Also Zod was the on who mostly threw Superman through buildings, so I dont see Superman fault in there. And lastly you have to think this as a war Kryptonians vs Humans all wars have causalities.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01: i never hated MoS and i never hated JLU great cartoon never bothered to watch superman though one hero just wernt interesting enough for me unless it was batman or spidernan

oh I wasn't talking about you or even being serious. I was just joking about how people complain about Superman in MoS with the destruction of the buildings. I mean, just in one episode in JLU (might be last episode) where Superman finally fully unleashes his power on DS, he sends DS through a building lol. I just find it funny.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By LyraFay

@son_of_simba said:

oh I wasn't talking about you or even being serious. I was just joking about how people complain about Superman in MoS with the destruction of the buildings. I mean, just in one episode in JLU (might be last episode) where Superman finally fully unleashes his power on DS, he sends DS through a building lol. I just find it funny.

I think you're talking about the Superman vs Captain Marvel episode in JLU, yes that caused a lot of damage. Actually it looked like Snyder took a cue from that episode. It's got the same sort of pattern and even the destruction of the buildings in a circle.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sears of Steel curbstomps.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Well metropolis was shown to be populated by people prior to the fight and it was never established that sed human beings have kryptonian level durability so doesnt take a genius to put 2 and 2 together and figure out this was a slaughterhouse

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Black_Arrow

@black_arrow: Well metropolis was shown to be populated by people prior to the fight and it was never established that sed human beings have kryptonian level durability so doesnt take a genius to put 2 and 2 together and figure out this was a slaughterhouse

Maybe those buildings werent with people. They never showed anything that suggested otherwise.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: exaxtly they never showed anything suggesting otherwise so we assume its a perfectly normal city where people actually use buildings and they didnt have to be in the building to be flattened by it

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: exaxtly they never showed anything suggesting otherwise so we assume its a perfectly normal city where people actually use buildings and they didnt have to be in the building to be flattened by it

No in every scene that they destroyed buildings you don't see that there are people on those buildings.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_simba said:

Maybe those buildings werent with people. They never showed anything that suggested otherwise.

Yes they did, we saw people in the city. Why would they be all over the place but not in the buildings we saw him destroy? There were people on the street, people in that train station (was it a train station?) with Zod and the heat vision, and just throughout the city. Re-watch the last fight scene, the city was populated.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: So i ask u then if where were the people?cous theres no way in hell they could evacuate the city so quick and even if they were on the streets the would have been loads of people flattened by dibris?or do these humans all have faster than light reflexes so they were able to escape when they saw superman charging headfirst into there building?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

THE HORSE IS DEAD. Please stop degrading it by beating on its corpse.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Why don't you guys make an official "We hate MoS" thread? Then you don't have to make hundreds of threads just to say the same thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@black_arrow:

correction: all life forms of Earth. Plus Nolan Batman destroyed the railroad that his father helped build.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seriously, metropolis should be a parking lot by now. -_-

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Pshh. Avengers had just as much damage and death.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By dernman

@erik said:

Why don't you guys make an official "We hate MoS" thread? Then you don't have to make hundreds of threads just to say the same thing.

What about us who hated certain things in it but still liked the film. Can we have our own thread too?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By Erik

@dernman said:

@erik said:

What about us who hated certain things but still liked the film. Can we have our own thread too?

Nope. You must suffer all the haters of varying degrees all in one location.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@erik said:

@dernman said:

@erik said:

What about us who hated certain things but still liked the film. Can we have our own thread too?

Nope. You must suffer all the haters of varying degrees all in one location.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You'd think after a year people would stop with these threads

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

You'd think after a year people would stop with these threads

It just never stops. We need to start a petition titled PEACE FOR HORSE.

Jean199999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Jean199999

@black_arrow: but hes also part of the cause of the near genocide of the human race so sort of a hollow victory there its kinda like releasing an eagle into a chicken coop and then releasing a wolf in there to kill the eagle while slaughtering a dozen chickens thats my analogy of the heroes role in this movie and i use the tern hero kinda losely

Let me guess, you voted for Luthor as president in 2000, didn't you?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

IHop solos.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Maybe some billion dollar company will fund for the damages, all the while donning a mask and telling him to stop making so much destruction...

I feel ya Iron Man was the first to come to my mind first too.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By _Atomikill_

@_atomikill_ said:

I feel ya Iron Man was the first to come to my mind first too.

No Caption Provided