Man Of Steel Outselling All Previous Summer 2013 .

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really see why not, all the other movies I've seen this year have been disappointing or crap.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean:

Same here Iron man 3 was a fail for me this movie looks like the best movie of the year now

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You people are nuts! The trailers look good and I've heard good buzz, but it's impossible to say how well it will do. It'll have a huge opening weekend because of all the marketing, but after that will depend on word-of-mouth.

It's really hard to say what will do well and what won't. Putting geek concerns aside, I personally thought the new Star Trek was a better summer blockbuster type movie than Iron Man 3, but it looks like Into Darkness is only going to barely make it's money back whereas Iron Man 3 passed a billion dollars. Is it just because people think RDJ's Iron Man and the Avenger's franchise are cool and Star Trek is for nerds? Is it just a superhero movie fad? If the latter, then Man of Steel will get a boost, but a boost will just help the first weekend. Remember Green Lantern!!!

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malonius said:

You people are nuts! The trailers look good and I've heard good buzz, but it's impossible to say how well it will do. It'll have a huge opening weekend because of all the marketing, but after that will depend on word-of-mouth.

It's really hard to say what will do well and what won't. Putting geek concerns aside, I personally thought the new Star Trek was a better summer blockbuster type movie than Iron Man 3, but it looks like Into Darkness is only going to barely make it's money back whereas Iron Man 3 passed a billion dollars. Is it just because people think RDJ's Iron Man and the Avenger's franchise are cool and Star Trek is for nerds? Is it just a superhero movie fad? If the latter, then Man of Steel will get a boost, but a boost will just help the first weekend. Remember Green Lantern!!!

True but your forgetting Man Of Steel has Nolan's name attached to it. Considering how popular the Batman franchise has been that's like having as big a name as RDJ attached to it as well. So people will watch it for the same reasons they watched Iron man 3. It's cool to like Superman and Batman right now.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it can match IM 3's opening but it will do better than other 2013 movies. My bet is 90-125 mil opening weekend.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope it does well. So we can see more DC movies!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I want it to. I really do. While I myself don't care about gross, there's two things to consider:

1. It gives DC incentive to make more movies... as long as the movie is good.
  2. It garners respect, for some reason.
Avatar image for silverjuggernaut
silverJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I cant waIt for thIs movIe and yes I already have my tIcket.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should. I haven't seen a great movie this year.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LaserLambert

I don't think Iron Man 3 could even have pre-ordered tickets until like, the week before because of some dispute, so that doesn't mean a whole lot, but I certainly hope it surpasses it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I would expect it to do better than all three of those films anyway, Star Trek was good but the other to where mediocre at best

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it makes its budget back in the opening weekend and goes to up from there.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@codysf: that's only because AMC and Regal Theaters had a dispute with Disney and refused to presell tickets til a week before the release date. Outside of that I hope it does great and I'm going to see it opening weekend.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Strider1992

@codysf said:

@trebean:

Same here Iron man 3 was a fail for me this movie looks like the best movie of the year now

Thank you! I thought IM:3 was crap too!

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Im 3 sucks

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers