Man of Steel or The Winter Soldier

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@amazingwebhead: This did not feel like a real Superman film, it's tone and characters were all different from the true Superman mythos, not to mention the neck snap. This felt more like they were ashamed of what Superman is, and wanted to make something different. Snyder even said he did this film because he wanted to be able to direct a Batman, film. If that does not say he was not right for the job, then I don't know what will.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@amazingwebhead: This did not feel like a real Superman film, it's tone and characters were all different from the true Superman mythos, not to mention the neck snap. This felt more like they were ashamed of what Superman is, and wanted to make something different. Snyder even said he did this film because he wanted to be able to direct a Batman, film. If that does not say he was not right for the job, then I don't know what will.

True, the tone was a little different. But it still kept the main thing Superman is supposed to inspire: hope. Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, I hear BvS will fix a lot of problems people had with that Superman. (Which, if you ask me, was kinda the whole point. The movie was, at its core, about Clark growing into his role as Superman)

And the neck snap is no different from Batman killing Harvey Dent. ...Hey, I just realized: JOKER TOTALLY WON! He proved that he could drive the best man in Gotham mad, and Batman broke his one rule just like Joker said!

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@amazingwebhead: Not really, at the beginning of the film they shoot themselves in the foot by mucking up the Pa Kent speech which is meant to mold Superman into who he is. There is never a lesson in this film about hope, it's all a bunch of psudo-philosophy that goes nowhere, but sounds deep. I am willing to accept new interpretations of characters in new forms, so long as the core essence of the character stays the same, and in this film that's just not the case.

I'm also not the biggest fan of Nolan's Batman series either.

I won't bug you about this, however if you haven't already (because I know I show this video to a lot of people) I suggest you check out this video review that deconstructs the film. You'll be happy to know it's from someone who loves comics and Superman.

Joiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

TWS. Jesus.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@captainmarvel4ever: Touche. Final thoughts: failing to deliver the message about hope that the movie spent so much time setting up is still better than the "everyone's an asshole" comics of today.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Where is all the CA:WS threads? lol

MOS for the win!!!

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally saw Winter Soldier, and while I did enjoy it and it's probably up there on my list of Marvel movies, I didn't like it as much as I liked Man of Steel.

I found the whole premise of Hydra infiltrating SHIELD to be quite compelling and I feel this movie really emphasized what Cap is about with that speech near the end, but for some reason the actual Winter Soldier wasn't that interesting to me. Maybe the whole "Your best friend is really the villain!" idea is a bit played out for a plot twist. I dunno, it's just how I felt.

So Man of Steel for me.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@vizier: Gotta be honest I really tried to enjoy Winter Solider but found myself getting bored so have to give this quite clearly to Man of Steel. The hype Winter Soldier had before I watched it really didn't do it any favors.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Somebody better call a snow plow because Winter Soldier wins in an absolute slaughterhouse.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#263  Edited By SaintWildcard

Somebody better call a snow plow because Winter Soldier wins in an absolute slaughterhouse.

Settle down chief. MoS isn't as destroyed as you're making it out to be. You need more sleep

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man Of Steel. Both of these are in my top 5.

The Dark knight< X Men Dofp< MOS< Cap TWS

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers