#1 Posted by Vizier (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Which did you prefer?

#2 Posted by MatthewParker (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

TWS by a humongous margin.

#3 Edited by Wardishy (784 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate Man of Steel like some people but The Winter Soldier was just an incredible beast of a movie.

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier.

Not even a contest.

#5 Posted by JetiiMitra (8718 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel by a decent margin. Not overwhelmingly, just a clear win for me.

#6 Posted by Vizier (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure which one I prefer myself

#7 Posted by Tyrus (1117 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfair comparison (sequel to reboot). Would prefer if people compared Cap TFA to MoS more, but as of late I've noticed a ridiculous amount of hate towards Cap TFA. People hate on that film to make it look as if Marvel's spawned more abominations than others think.

You can pick on IM2, 3 and Thor TDW (lol a lot of recent hate on the first Thor as well), but don't mess with my boy Cap.

#8 Posted by VanderSEXXX (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel by a decent margin. Not overwhelmingly, just a clear win for me.

I share the same sentiment but I really enjoyed Winter Soldier as well.

#9 Posted by FearTheLiving (3579 posts) - - Show Bio

TWS by a humongous margin.

This. Aside from some cool fight scenes I wasn't impressed with Man of Steel.

#10 Posted by Vizier (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm very different opinions....it is nice to see variety though.

#11 Edited by 90mv (105 posts) - - Show Bio

TWS easy

#12 Posted by Cap10nate (2458 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier for me. It is right up there with Dark Knight as my favorite CBM. MOS may not crack the top 10.

#13 Posted by SilverPool (1835 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both, but TWS is on TDK's level, and is the best Marvel film.

#14 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18447 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus said:

Unfair comparison (sequel to reboot). Would prefer if people compared Cap TFA to MoS more, but as of late I've noticed a ridiculous amount of hate towards Cap TFA. People hate on that film to make it look as if Marvel's spawned more abominations than others think.

You can pick on IM2, 3 and Thor TDW (lol a lot of recent hate on the first Thor as well), but don't mess with my boy Cap.

I have no idea how people consider TDW better than Thor 1. I was blown away that it beat it out on that "favorite mcu movie poll"

#15 Posted by Outside_85 (9579 posts) - - Show Bio

While good, TWS was just a bit predictable to me (because I've kept an eye on whats going on in Cap's comic world and the movie essentially just nicked a bunch of it).

MoS on the other hand, ok it wasn't original, but to me it was a breath of fresh air into a franchise I felt had stagnated 25 years ago, a Superman for the modern era.

#16 Edited by Vizier (138 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (11424 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS

#18 Posted by ZhuRong (4003 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel

#19 Posted by Xwraith (19425 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (43787 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier wrecks.

#21 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America: The Winter Soldier by a long shot. MOS had intense special effects and fight scenes but it also had terrible storytelling and bad character development and chemistry. CA: TWS also had intense special effects and fighting scenes. It also had brilliantly written characters and its story was way more intriguing than MOS

#22 Posted by ccraft (5406 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus said:

Exactly, if it was MOS vs CAP1 there would be no contest, and if it was MOS2 vs CAP2, again MOS would probably be better, eh most likely will be better.

CAP 2 was an epic Marvel film, easily one of the best Marvel cbm, it had a good plot, great cgi, good cast etc... But I still think MOS is a better film and 100x more epic. When I saw CAP2 for the second time I thought it was still an awesome movie, but I doubt I could watch it a dozen times like I have with MOS, just my opinion.

#23 Posted by RogueShadow (11133 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by MrTummyTumms (777 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both, but TWS is on TDK's level, and is the best Marvel film.

Not even close to being on TDK's level.

#25 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter soldier is amusing.. It feels like an awesome Bond movie except with action figures... MoS for me

#26 Edited by MrTummyTumms (777 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS for me, but Cap 2 was pretty cool.

#27 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

These two are probably my two favorite comic movies to date, but Winter Soldier was so good and did so much so well that it's hard not choose it.

#28 Edited by iDude (883 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with TWS, but Mos is one of my favorite CBM movies, so not by a huge margin.

#29 Posted by youknowwhattodo (1381 posts) - - Show Bio

TWS, it was better on almost every level except for maybe special effects.

#30 Posted by movieartman (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

this needs poll

man of steel for me not too far from each other tho.

mos is a 5 of 6 = amazing / supurb

tws is a high 4 = great

(the dark knight is the singular film to get a 6 from me)

#31 Posted by Faymousinus (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier!

#32 Posted by Ms-Lola (3235 posts) - - Show Bio

It's unfair, frankly. Winter Soldier.

#33 Posted by The Stegman (25076 posts) - - Show Bio

There are four comic book super hero films I enjoy more than MOS. Everything else, in my opinion is inferior.

1. The Dark Knight

2. Watchmen

3 The Dark Knight Rises

4. Iron Man

#34 Posted by Reactor (2596 posts) - - Show Bio

Tbh, I expected everyone's opinion to be stacked toward TWS. I'm both surprised and a little amused by how relatively balanced the opinions here are.

#35 Edited by Wolverine08 (43787 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: IMO, Batman Begins springs to mind to me as a better origin story than Man of Steel. I found the acting from the lead better, the central theme was executed much more smoothly as well to me, and the movie as a whole changed some stuff but still managed to stay true to it's source material.

#36 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of steel of course...

#37 Posted by Lena_Dante (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier, not even a contest

#38 Edited by Lvenger (20777 posts) - - Show Bio

One film did the character justice, the other ruined what made him the icon he is. I wonder which one is preferable for me...

#39 Posted by Wolverine08 (43787 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

One film did the character justice, the other ruined what made him the icon he is. I wonder which one is preferable for me...

#40 Edited by Lvenger (20777 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I don't know, is there a problem with this pic too? :P

#41 Posted by godzilla44 (3475 posts) - - Show Bio

A tie for me I love MOS but WS made me like Captain America for once. So it's a tie for me :)

#42 Edited by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought TWS was a good film, but largely overrated. It faded from memory quickly. MoS, however, I loved, and went out of my way to see repeatedly.

#43 Posted by Pyrogram (40966 posts) - - Show Bio

WS!

#44 Posted by Thitiki (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

I thought TWS was a good film, but largely overrated. It faded from memory quickly. MoS, however, I loved, and went out of my way to see repeatedly.

Agreed.

#45 Edited by Omnicrono (1922 posts) - - Show Bio
@joygirl said:

I thought TWS was a good film, but largely overrated. It faded from memory quickly.

Indeed. I too preferred MoS.

However, I will say, some of that is due to the fact that I'm a much bigger fan of Superman than Captain America... so seeing Supes on the silver screen is almost always going to be more of a geek-out, magical experience for me, even if the film isn't very good. (And I thought MoS was a very good film. Just as good as TWS.)

#46 Posted by Wolverine08 (43787 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by The Stegman (25076 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Eh, to me, MOS was just as good origins wise, plus with better action scenes and more stunning visuals.

#48 Posted by i_like_swords (15877 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier rapes house

#49 Posted by TheDemoGoblin (660 posts) - - Show Bio

The Winter Soldier wins for me!

I do think it's overrated, but it was still awesome!

#50 Posted by Rebel_Leader1 (556 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier.