• 54 results
#1 Posted by DarkAgeKiller (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Around comicvine people think I'm a Marvel fan, which is not true. The only comics I read is Darktower, IDW stuff like doctor who and Star trek, and a few spidey comics.

I don't like the movie, because It over-hyped like superman returns, and green lantern.They became failures. Superman film will be best if it was animated.Just saying.

#2 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Suck? I don't think so. At the worst, it would be average.

#3 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

Why? No opinion can exist before seeing a film, I'm not optimistic about it at the moment but I hope and pray it'll be good! and lets face it, it can't be worse than the steaming pile of horse sh*t that was Superman IV... At the end of the day you can't judge a film just because previous attempts were mediocre or poor... If that was the case every Marvel & DC film would suck! They've had a load of crap over the years.

Also, Green Lantern was not over-hyped! I can't remember many people being excited.

#5 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it doesnt suck.

I thought it would suck inittially but now I see Snyder is in control and Nolan is just a name for show, not really involved deeply enough to do damage. so Im hopeful and the trailer looks awesome

#6 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Most comic movies kinda suck so long ago I learned to expect all comic movies to be horrible and when they aren't that bad it feels like a win in my book. As for the Superman movie there's really no way we can tell right now but I do feel like it will at least be alright.

#7 Edited by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Lvenger (21294 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a tad early to say it's going to suck. Personally I think the trailer looks pretty awesome and nails a lot of great things about Superman.

#9 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

The Last trailer makes me think that the movie is excellent, and what I've heard from Pre-Release watchers(on the internet) that it is excellent. I tend to think that it will be excellent we'll have to wait and see.

#10 Edited by DarkAgeKiller (47 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by sagejonathan (2033 posts) - - Show Bio

Every trailer has been superb and full of hype. I think it will be an awesome movie, as good as the Batman movies.

#12 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkagekiller: Trailers are nothing, I remember loving the Fantastic Four 2 trailer! It was a horribly bad film, the only good part was the part in the trailer when Johnny is chasing the Surfer.

#13 Posted by DarkAgeKiller (47 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkagekiller: That's a poor like/dislike ratio for a film that is supposedly "over-hyped". Did you happen to see how much it grossed? Not much to be honest, it was never over-hyped.

#15 Posted by logy5000 (6167 posts) - - Show Bio

If Man of Steel is successful, they'll make a Justice League movie, (rumor has it.)

I hope it doesn't suck. My one complaint is that they're using General Zod AGAIN. It's not like Superman 2 wasn't successful enough with Zod.

#16 Posted by DarkAgeKiller (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@shark_repellent_bat_spray: http://newmoviereportcard.blogspot.com/2011/06/overhyped-green-lantern-takes-on-super.html

Overhype: Green Lantern to be like "Star Wars"(http://reelheroes.blogspot.com/2011/08/overhype-green-lantern-to-be-like-star.html).

I rest my case.

#17 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

So.. it'll suck because Green Lantern did? Last I checked different people were making it. On a side note, Superman Returns was the best Superman movie to date.

#18 Posted by DarkAgeKiller (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@shark_repellent_bat_spray:

“It’s not a comic book movie as much as an epic adventure with huge scope and scale, a space opera in the vein of Star Wars with an Earthbound Top Gun vibe” [Greg Berlanti, producer and writers of the film]
“I wandered through the art department, and that’s what sold me, seeing this universe that’s created and the scale of it all. They’re taking the Green Lantern canon from the comics and they’re extending it out into this new medium. Our goal is to make the first superhero who really goes on a ‘Star Wars’ kind of epic journey, and this mythology goes back a lot further than Star Wars." [Ryan Reynold's, portrays Hal Jordan/Green Lantern in the film]
(http://reelheroes.blogspot.com/2011/08/overhype-green-lantern-to-be-like-star.html).
#19 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkagekiller: Of course the people involved with the film are going to have positive opinions of the film? They have to! Nobody would give them a job if they said "This film is complete crap". Would they?

What I'm saying is, fans were generally not hyped and the gross reflects that. Even poor films can get a high gross with hype.

#20 Posted by DarkAgeKiller (47 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkagekiller: So, the next time some people are hyped I guess we'll call a film over-hyped? Much more people weren't excited and I actually knew big comic fans who didn't go see it in the cinema, myself included! I waited until it was on the movie channels because of my dismissive feelings towards it, and the Ryan Reynolds casting.

Also, the Green Lantern film had 225 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, 166 of these were rotten reviews and it holds a 26% Rotten rating... Not exactly much love for it is there? Can't say many critics really liked it and I never heard a critic say they were excited to see it... It also holds up poorly with the GA with a 47% out of 118k ratings.

#22 Edited by Fallen_Crippled (6460 posts) - - Show Bio

Highly doubt this movie will suck. Critics say its amazing, the trailers look amazing, and there is no reason to jump to conclusions. You say you don't like the movie without watching it....

#23 Posted by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. 's gonna rock.

#24 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#25 Edited by AllStarSuperman (23013 posts) - - Show Bio

it will be better than Avengers

#26 Posted by RustyRoy (14046 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you seen the movie? I'm sure you won't like it even if it was the best movie ever.

#27 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

For all intents and purposes, I believe not.

#28 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be good. You never know though, you can be fooled by trailers every now and then. Doubt it will do as good as Avengers or Dark Knight though.

#29 Edited by Z3RO180 (6720 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkAgeKiller I have no idea why you made this thread ? You basically said I don't read a lot of comic and I am not going to watch this movie.

#30 Edited by sinestro_GL (3323 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanna watch the movie first?

Oh wait...this is the internet...

#31 Edited by Dernman (15814 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't like the movie because it's "over hyped" RIIIIGHT

I mean that's totally what you should judge a movie on. Not the quality or enjoyment of the movie itself but the attention it gets.

#32 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8759 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

You don't like the movie because it's "over hyped" RIIIIGHT

I mean that's totally what you should judge a movie on. Not the quality or enjoyment of the movie itself but the attention it gets.

Haha! This.

#33 Posted by Strider92 (16838 posts) - - Show Bio

Challenge Extended Warner Brothers!!!! Challenge Extended!

#34 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say this. That latest trailer took away some of the hype I had for the movie. Seeing different parts of the movie, one thing seemed clear to me, Henry Cavill seems to be miscast. In none of the trailers so far did I feel Cavill will deliver an amazing performance as clark. I've never heard him talk in previous trailers, and I think that may have been purposeful, because in the few times he did talk in the latest trailer, it was lackluster. He doesn't have that "THAT'S FUCKN SUPERMAN" feel when he talks. Almost seems like a shy, nerd or something. The same issue that superman returns had.

Thats my main concern with this film. It all rides on him, its his origin story. If he doesn't deliver, the movie will be considered a flop, considering how much hype it has gotten. People are saying its going to be as good or better than the batman trilogy. People are saying it will be better than the Avengers. Based on the hype, either its going to be one of the greatest comic book movies ever made, or its going to be a flop. Those are extremely high expectations that I only hope this movie can live up to. Because if it doesn't, no matter how much better it is than Superman returns, many will consider it a flop. If it does, you can only blame yourselves for hyping it up so much. I hope it will be successful, and I do think it will be. But i'm just cautious now.

#35 Edited by DarkAgeKiller (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: its not just the hype.The director of hellboy can fix superman.

#36 Posted by montydapunk.k (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I better hope and pray that this movie is a big blockbuster as I 'm dying to see the DC universe in movies and we all know that the possibility of seeing a DC universe on the big screen is directly proportional to the success of MOS.

#37 Posted by Auralaria (479 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I don't know if I'd consider those valid reasons to say it'll suck (personal opinion), but in my opinion, even the Batman movies weren't all they were cracked up to be. DC does do animated pretty great, though.

#38 Edited by Teerack (7461 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there even a point to this thread? Did you mean to make a twitter post or something? xD

#39 Posted by MSzekeresh (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it funny whenever anyone on these boards complain about something (be it a a film, video game, or a story arc) being overhyped. We are the small demographic that takes the time to look into these thing's. We follow every rumor, read every interview, and dissect every trailer. Then we have the audacity to claim that something didn't live up to the unreasonable expectations that we have built up for literally months. I still know people who have no idea that a Superman film is even being released this summer.

#40 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

You should watch the movie first and then give an opinion on it

#41 Posted by dtm1980 (247 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl said:

Wanna watch the movie first?

Oh wait...this is the internet...

#43 Posted by TheCannon (19478 posts) - - Show Bio

It COULD suck, but it could also be one of the greatest comic films ever made. Any film can suck, but wait until it actually comes out to say whether it sucks or not.

#44 Edited by SupBatz (1855 posts) - - Show Bio

The trailers have been top notch so far as I'm concerned. So I choose to be optimistic.

The only thing I can really see ruining this movie would be if it tried to make Superman dark and gritty. Because that is just the Superman that nobody wants to see.

#45 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8107 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I am going to like it, but I will wait til I see it before I speak my opinion on it.

I didn't like the trailers though. To artsy and stupid.

#46 Edited by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

#47 Posted by Black_Claw (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkagekiller: So your judging a movie before it even comes out? Doesn't make much sense to me.

#48 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

With a combo of Snyder and Nolan I really don't see how it could be bad.

#49 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks great.

#50 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamftw:

Haters will hate to the point where they act stupid.