Making Sense of Arrow Season 3 with a Theory (Spoilers)

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jacthripper

Watching Season 3 of Arrow, and the appearance of Ra's Al Ghul, I was mildly excited. Now, when Ra's made Oliver the offer to become Ra's, I stopped and stared at the massive plot hole here. Ra's wants a guy, whose he just shanked and tossed off a mountain rather casually, to become him? Seriously, this direction makes no sense, he's got nothing in common with Ra's. It's been pointed out before, but Merlyn, who is what I would call Oliver's equal, would make a much better choice. So why would Ra's pick Oliver? This is my theory.

Do you remember when Ra's (in the comics) wanted to come back in Damian's body? He wanted a better physical body. Ra's stated that he's past his prime now, even dying, want to shift over to Oliver, because Oliver is properly prepared through a life of pain, so he is ideal in this aspect. Other than this, he's just a bit smarter than the average bear. So, what do you think of this theory? I think it makes sense for someone like Ra's, otherwise he would not have to go to all this trouble.

P.S. Roy will be losing his arm soon, either at the end of season or during the next.

P.P.S. Thea's dead for a few episodes, hope resurrection doesn't become a habit with the show.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Huh? The prophecy already explains why he wants Ollie. Thea is coming back this week. They already showed it in the trailer. Roy is leaving the show, that actors contract is up. He will be in one more episode this season and that's it.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jacthripper

@lukehero: Prophecy?

EDIT: Nevermind, I feel dumb

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Um. Yeah. How did you miss this? Lol. The man who survives the blade of Ras will become Ras. Hell thats probably how the old Ras got the job. As far as Ollie not having earned the job, it doesn't matter since he can gain experience with time and the Laurazas Pits. If he actually takes the job then that's a good thing because it totally and fovever seperates him from Batman.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Yeah, just realized that. Feel dumb now

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jacthripper

@lukehero: So, do you think Captain Lance will die? It feels like a he knows too much.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Nah, I think he still is under contract. I doubt they kill him. I think he is going to continue to be anti Ollie for a while. Maybe he stops it next season.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Still mad that Roy's leaving. He was my favorite part of the show...

:'(

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman will appear to kick his ass.

That's my theory.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: That's what I said. Love his jail house fight. Really shows how he has improved as a fighter.

Those dudes were all six feet two hundred to his five foot seven one forty five or so.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Thea dying? music to my ears

@lukehero: Still mad that Roy's leaving. He was my favorite part of the show...

:'(

say what? D':>

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

My theory is this season is not written very well, being all over the place, putting more and more emphasis on a love triangle, giving us the exact same scenes between characters multiple times, characters acting out of character, inconsistent or stupid.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The head writer was given to the Flash so that's why Arrow hasn't been at its best...

Because of that characters are acting really wierd... Like Felicity is a so annoying in this season but back on episode 18 of the Flash she was like her Season 1 self again...

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow has been terrible Season 3, mainly after (to quote Lord of the Rings) he took a little tumble off the cliff. The show pretty much died with him.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Kidd  Online

@stormdriven: But he didn't die, the show died with Sara all of Season 3 has been horrendous.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

@stormdriven: But he didn't die, the show died with Sara all of Season 3 has been horrendous.

He did technically die, they even said so. I just meant after his falling off the cliff, the show went to crap after that.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Kidd  Online

@the_kidd said:

He did technically die, they even said so. I just meant after his falling off the cliff, the show went to crap after that.

Yeah I know what you meant just saying that the season has been unbalanced from the start.