Mainstream Joker needs a revamp, y/n?

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Mainstream Joker needs a revamp, y/n? (10 votes)

Yes 50%
No 40%
Nolan's Joker does not approve of the his mainstream counterparts stagnation

As a hardcore Joker fan, I must admit: This extremely psychologically broken and apathetic mainstream comic book Joker is getting stale. I want to see a Joker who openly displays his genius-level intellect; one who uses his charisma to manipulate people more often, rather than just threaten them with a gun; one who has the charisma to inspire and amass a dedicated following rather than one ruled through fear -- something refreshing all in one go.

And people wonder why Heath Ledger's Joker was so damn popular. It wasn't because of his death at all, because, prior to watching The Dark Knight, I didn't even know who Ledger was and didn't care that he died. I did love this more realistic, believable, anarchistic, manipulative and strangely philosophical rendition of Joker's character; that's why I liked Nolan's Joker -- it was a refreshing take on the Joker rather than the played out mainstream one.

Tl;dr? Mainstream Joker is getting old, and I think it's high time for a new take on the character in the comics. What do you think?

• 
regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark my words.

We're going to have a hipster tattoo Joker in skinny jeans and a fitted, writing love notes to Batman.

Izual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Izual

Nolan's Joker wasn't really anything revolutionary though.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark my words.

We're going to have a hipster tattoo Joker in skinny jeans and a fitted, writing love notes to Batman.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Mark my words.

Ledger was in skinny jeans and fitted

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy6364 said:

Mark my words.

Ledger was in skinny jeans and fitted

No he wasn't.

Show some scans.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izual: Not revolutionary. Refreshing.

Revolutionary would be a Joker almost completely distinct from the status quo, yet somehow still discernible as the psychopath we know and love -- like, for example, a Joker capable of blending in with society by day, and killing in the most heinous ways by night. One capable of convincing even Bruce Wayne that he wasn't an outright psychopath, just like Bruce convinces everyone he isn't some tights-wearing vigilante. That interesting dynamic between Joker and Batman would still be there, just in a much more different form. Yes, that'd, in my opinion, be revolutionary for the character (and refreshing).

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

~shrugs~ Post-Convergence, who can say what "mainstream" will be? I'm sure you'll get your wish.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like endgame joker though.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like Ledger's look. The paint and scars aren't Joker enough for me. Character-wise, a revamp could prove interesting, but I personally prefer classic "Mark Hamil-style" Joker humor, and Ledger's Joker wasn't funny enough for me.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By those_eyes

@venomoustaco said:

I don't like Ledger's look. The paint and scars aren't Joker enough for me. Character-wise, a revamp could prove interesting, but I personally prefer classic "Mark Hamil-style" Joker humor, and Ledger's Joker wasn't funny enough for me.

is this joker enough for you?

No Caption Provided

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Please stop. I'm trying to forget he looks like that until I see the movie...

...but to answer your question, no. No that is not Joker for me. I frankly don't have a name for that (shudders).