Magik and colossus?

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tahmidk

Can someone describe their relationship to me? I've only watched the 90s x men cartoon and AVX(planning on buying other stories). In the cartoon they seemed to have a good little sister big brother relationship and ilyiana wasnt a mutant and didnt have any powers and just seemed like a sweet little girl, can someone explain what happened?

I dont care about spoilers

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By evilvegeta74

I'm sorry you were introduced to the Xmen that way.

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tahmidk

@evilvegeta74 said:

I'm sorry you were introduced to the Xmen that way.

lol i've ordered every volume of uncanny x force , and also ordered the tpb of house of m and mesiah complex. Please can u just tell me about magik and colossus?

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chocobojam

im also introduced in x-men in that way and i dont even remember seeing illyana back then. but i can say she's hot, i mean literally, she looks like she comes from hell!!

Mr_Colossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Mr_Colossus

@tahmidk: From my understanding when Illyana was first introduced she was not a mutant nor did she posses any powers. She was used as a blackmail tool along with other family members of the x-men to help release Arcade from imprisonment. After that all was resolved she ended up going back to the Institute with Colossus. From there on Colossus looked after his kid sister and would have to help her in many cases. She was then kidnapped again and taken to another dimension, called Limbo. It was at this point where Illyana began to be more than just a sister of a X-men. While in Limbo she learned how to use White Magic and learned to fight by ways of Storm and Kitty Pryde. She ended up being in Limbo for a while and fought against the ruler of the dimension. She ended up creating the Soulsword to help her fight the ruler. This is when she started to show a transformation, in which she would grow horns, a tail, and fangs when she weilded the Soulsword. She used the sword and the transformation to overthrow the ruler of Limbo. After this she returned back to earth to realized that very little time had passed in the Earth world. She then joined the New Mutants group. A little later on Illyana began to have a transformation on Earth when she used the Soulsword, except instead of horns, tail, and fangs she would be covered in something similar to Colossus. She goes back and forth for a while between Earth and Limbo, even dies from a virus for a little while. Which would bring Colossus first death as a sacrifice so that the virus wouldn't claim another life. Illyana would be known as Magik on earth and would go through another version in Limbo known as Darkchilde, which would be the version where she had horns, a tail, and fangs. Even though it was a form of Illyana it was not a complete version because it was dark and filled with dark magic. From then on Illyana appears in many different arcs and story lines such as Dark Reign, X-Men Second Coming, Fear Itself, Schism, and Avengers Vs X-Men. She also goes in between Earth a Limbo many times. The main story arcs she plays a crucial role in is Fear Itself and Avengers Vs X-Men. (Spoiler)During the Fear Itself arc it is Magik that goes to see Cyttorak about how Cain (Juggernaut) was going against his and is working for another god. Cyttorak decided the Magik would be the new "Juggernaut", but this is when Colossus steps in and takes on the responsibility of being the new vessel of Cyttorak. This part of the story was a big change for Colossus, Magik and Kitty Pryde. The second key part Illyana played in my opinion is in AvsX. During this crossover she is one of the 5 characters that is selected to be part of the Phoenix five along with Colossus.

There is just a slight history of Magik and some of the changes that transformed her into a completely different character. In my opinion the 90s X-Men was a great cartoon and had some cool stories, but they did jump around and didn't always get too much back story involved in all the characters. From what I know about the X-Men Magik is a pop up character in a lot of runs, but generally when she does it is in context to something with Colossus, Kitty Pryde, or Storm. So really she did start out as a sweet innocent little girl, but ever since her second kidnapping into the world of Limbo she has been on a much different course where she would change drastically.

@chocobojam: well the Limbo world seems to be a some sort of hell. In her form of Darkchilde she is very demon-like, so she would seem to be pretty hot.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Yai_Inn
@tahmidk: The link here is a good read for the history of Magik.  

However the relationship between Colossus and Magik is currently a mess.  

So yeah, their relationship is no longer the loving-caring brother-sister type.  
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Jorgevy

she had an important role in Fear Itself? I don't even remember seeing her there

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Blood1991

@Jorgevy said:

she had an important role in Fear Itself? I don't even remember seeing her there

In the AVX X-Men tie ins she caused Colossus to be Colosonaught.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jorgevy

@Blood1991: do you mean Fear Itself tie ins? cause I was talking about Fear Itself

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blood1991

@Jorgevy: Yeah, other than Wolverine none of the X-Men were apart of the main story.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lykopis

Hey -- maybe Colossus can go live with Kitty at the Institute since the two things that prevented him from doing so (being the Cyttorak's avatar and wanting to watch over his sister) are now gone? Hmm? No?

Yeah. Thought so.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jorgevy

@Blood1991: weren't there some X-men fighting the Hammer guys?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blood1991

@Jorgevy: I think there were a couple of panels of them fighting Juggs, but they weren't apart of the main story.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jorgevy

@Blood1991: oh I know that, but they were there, I just didn't read the Magik tie in with the Cyttorak deal

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blood1991
Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rickbarry

They'd pretty much be the best Jerry Springer episode ever at the moment.

joaquim21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By joaquim21

show