#1 Edited by PurpleCandy (776 posts) - - Show Bio

Magic, Science, and Cosmic, all prove to be a great threat when released. But when these 3 elements rain which one pours harder. I'm just going to put in some notes and examples

1. Magic defines mostly people will mystical abilities which seem to be hard to counter. Such as people from the rogues gallery of Dr. Strange and Thor
  2. Science However just as people like Tony Stark seem to defeat Mystical foes, Technological villains are also known to give magicians and otherwordly characters a run for there money aswell. Villains like Dr. Doom, Lex, Osborn, and Doc Ock.
  3. And Cosmic, ofcourse we have characters like Galactus, Darkseid, Thanos, Ego, Anti-Monitor, and Mr. Manhattan . There my favorite type of villain, but everyone can be bested, and these all have been before but usually to those who have a similiar skillset

So like I said, when these 3 elements rain which one pours harder, or which one is the mostly deadly.

#2 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

magic

#3 Posted by PurpleCandy (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

magic

Elaborate

#4 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@PurpleCandy: magic is more versatile and since the gods are considered magical beings, it ends in an utter curbstomp for the science and cosmic people

#5 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

COSMICS

Some Of The Most Powerful Comicbook Character Are Cosmic Based

Example

• Galactus
  • Anti-Monitor
  • Mandrakk
  • Mr. Manhattan
  • Living Tribunal
  • Monitor
  • The Watchers
#6 Edited by PurpleCandy (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

@PurpleCandy: magic is more versatile and since the gods are considered magical beings, it ends in an utter curbstomp for the science and cosmic people

Hah you said its a curbstomp for the science and cosmic people, but I suppose your right.

#7 Posted by Hyperlight (6332 posts) - - Show Bio

cosmic, cosmic beings usually encompass the very fabrics of the universe. tech can only acomplish as much as the mind that weilds it. while magic isnt bound by conventional laws it still has rules. cosmic beings usually have dominion or much of reality. look at it this way... Eternity may not be a being of magic or science... but everything those two encompass is a part of him.

#8 Posted by Holaso (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic. Magic is a close second but I downgraded it because in stories...it is always magic that has a chance to fail, be undependable, or grow weak.

#9 Posted by Trodorne (2596 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic, Magic and Science all have their flaws.

Magic always comes with a cost being a spiritual cost or maybe due to the fact its chaotic in nature and balance is always a must in preservation of reality itself.

Cosmic is based on energy from the person it is not unlimited but something like the phoenix and galactus feed on the life of other planets and people to regain lost strength.

Science is limited to gadgets and other devices to help win in battle. so if it breaks down then they are helpless unless they can get that device repaired.

#10 Posted by SC (13299 posts) - - Show Bio

Science. Science wins because ta dah, its a banner which both "magic" and "cosmic" fall under. Magic is basically used or invoked when a character is dealing with something they either don't understand or know (think humans from hundreds of years ago) or because they the character apply some method of science without really realizing, like Odin for example. The term cosmic aside from being extremely ambiguous and possibly referring to a type of energy, a status, a power scope, or a matter of geography still essentially involves science. Its really more about an individual characters understanding of reality. Dr Doom for example is extremely intelligent and thus he has powers or access to powers that can fall under both magic or cosmic, but to him its just science. Think of Thanos as well, born mutated, used science to enhance himself, wasn't born on Earth, can manipulate energy out there considered cosmic energy, thus considered "cosmic" knows of other types of energy/power types, when speaking to Odin explains that his magic energy is still energy.       

#11 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with SC.

#12 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic is Science....

That's why we see this usually happening to Cosmic characters rather than Magical characters.

Magic actually rains down on reality the hardest.

They are the reason why the Sorcerer Supreme was created. They cause the Living Tribunal more to worry about because they are the very defiance of the Cosmic Compass of reality.

• Zom
  • Nebulos
  • Shuma-Gorath
  • Slorith
  • Chthon
  • Beyonder
  • Nightmare
  • D'Spayre
  • Dormammu

Are pretty much all the big guys that causes more havoc in a multiverse than any science.

But don't confuse, Inndimensional magic characters (Within Cosmic) to Extradimensional magic characters (outside of cosmic order).

#13 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no deadliest element!

It's not about what you wield, it's how much you wield. Magic users can defeat cosmics can defeat scientists can defeat magic users and so on and so on. Any questionslike this are completely flawed and missing the point.

#15 Posted by knighthood (1725 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the Cosmic is Science idea. Magic is much more unpredictable.

#16 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Science! Science can save the world. That, plus Magic is boring as fuuuuuudge!!!!

#17 Edited by PurpleCandy (776 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot to list Ultron and Braniac, which fall under science but I just listed evil geniuses

#18 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a thread like this, it was http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/villain-comparison/666567/ I didn't describe the OP very well though, which is probably why it never caught speed.

Anyway, I think magic usually wins out, then cosmic, and science is usually the last one unless a scientific mind figures out a way to harness the other two forces... Though I'm not sure that's fair.

#19 Posted by PurpleCandy (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

Made my day! I sound like a noob but who is that?

#20 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to ask what is magic tech considered. The characters that throw away that rule that it should not be combined.

#21 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember folks:

Fundamental Forces = Science

Magic bounded by the Fundamentals like the elements = Innerdimensional Magic

Science + Innerdimentional Magic = Alchemy

Magic that is NOT bound by the laws of the Fundamental Forces = Extradimensional Magic

Not being bounded by the Fundamental Laws of the Universe means Science can not comprehend it.

#22 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut said:

Just to ask what is magic tech considered. The characters that throw away that rule that it should not be combined.

Alchemy.

#23 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

@PurpleCandy:

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

#24 Posted by Liara (421 posts) - - Show Bio

I like all 3 groups, but cosmic and science over magic.

#25 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that cosmic is most powerful, but magic is my favourite of the three.

#26 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmics (four fundamentals of the universe) can't be the most powerful because you can alter it via science.

Same can't be said with magic.

#27 Posted by SOG7dc (7861 posts) - - Show Bio

I tend to think magic>science in comics typically because science is usually explained whereas magic is just magic.

#28 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (19545 posts) - - Show Bio

Magic by a whole huge lot.

#29 Posted by MetalGOD (378 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Edited by SOG7dc (7861 posts) - - Show Bio

nobody else? i thought this was interesting

#31 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever omnipotence falls under.

#32 Posted by Chibi_cute (4590 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what TOAA power source comes from magic or cosmic.

#33 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't the gods fall under the Magic category?

If so then magic.

#34 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't "Cosmic" just a more sciency way of saying "Divine"? God-like power sans godhood?

#35 Posted by Deadgod (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

Magic because from what i have seen magic somehow cancels out cosmic like i remember Thor's hammer hurting Galactus or Dracula slapped Silver Surfer & hurt him & then there is Scarlet Witch who with her natural mutant ability combined with Chthon's chaos magic destroyed & remade countless universes & was in process collapsing entire omniverse to the point Roma the omniversal guardian even stated "If the breach is not sealed, the Chaos Wave will continue to expand, perhaps to the ascension itself" are then there other weird factors too that put Magic above Science & Cosmic.

#36 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18777 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute said:

I wonder what TOAA power source comes from magic or cosmic.

being all powerful means you have access to every type of power to an infinite degree.

#37 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, lemme say magic and here's why:

The nonbelivers in this world (shun them) say that "magic is just some super-science we haven't discovered yet." I disagree.

Magic distorts reality.

Science can only say 1+1=2 and 3^3=9 (base 10, of course).

Magic can say "Screw that, 1+1=Pikachu, I choose you!"

Whatever super-science someone is capable of producing, someone with equal (and certainly higher) power can just fudge with them.

Ah hell, what do I know? :p