#1 Posted by Citrus (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Has this ever happened to you guys?

I just got into Animal Man, but gosh his current costume looks pretty lame. Mainly the head piece. I like the old costume + jacket better, but that still feels off...

The new52 Redhood's 'hood' makes me sad, and the bat on his chest annoys me to no end.

Oh, and although I've never read any Daredevil (I'm still a newbie, don't kill me) and don't have an opinion on this widely loved character, his costume looks really boring on the covers I've seen lately...

How about you guys? Have you experienced the same thing?

#2 Posted by Citrus (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#3 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, with Deadpool & Aquaman.

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12712 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the X-men and have always found their outfits pretty horrid.....well, most of them.They are not usually recognized as super heroes due to mutants being hated and all, and they mostly break into government facilities or are going someplace they don't belong yet they dress in the brightest, loudest colors on the color wheel....makes no sense.....well, it does make sense, bright colors have to pop off the page to attract the reader. Other than that, LOL, I don't get it.

My favorite example is Gambit, a guy who wears a bright fuscia chest plate, knee high shiny metal boots, and makes stuff blow up, and yet his primary occupation is a thief....you would figure he would be a bit more stealth in his wardrobe is all I am saying

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I tend to find if I like a character their wardrobe grows on me.

#6 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really, the bad ones tend to be alt universes..

#7 Posted by SmashBrawler (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman before Brightest Day

Martian Manhunter before 52/World War III

Metamorpho (some people can make him look great, but his design is really ugly most of the time)

#8 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with you on Animal Man and Red Hood. What kills Red Hood's outfit for me is the mouth on his "hood", and the bat symbol feels out of place too. I've always felt Aquaman is in desperate need of a redesign. Especially since the character is awesome now, but unlike his characterization, his costume hasn't improved.

#9 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes; New 52 Superboy's, New 52's Nightwing (Red? Seriously? Wtf?), Bane (he looks like a dope, to be honest, and he's actually a pretty amazing character (I am NOT talking about TDKR Bane, but comic-book Bane)).

Who else? Hmm...

The Fantastic Four

Thor (Although I don't really like him too much)

Most of the X-men

Some incarnations of Batman (there can be distinct differences to how he's drawn, trust me)

New 52 Superman (armor? For the Man of Steel? Give me a break)

I'm sure there are more that I've just simply forgotten about until now. Most of the costumes that I hate are more recent ones; the X-men and Fantastic Four just usually have bad style though :P

#10 Posted by Rickbarry (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

Banshee

#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

Banshee

He worked those Arm Pitt capes like a boss.

Man I miss him being around.

#12 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not a fan of superman's New 52 costume im glad they got rid of the underwear though

#13 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, seriously... am I the only one that thinks Supergirl looks like she is wearing Depends???

#14 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

Okay, seriously... am I the only one that thinks Supergirl looks like she is wearing Depends???

It is hard to get to a bathroom when your saving the world!

#15 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

kitty pryde after she got rid of her classic blue costume with the belt, mask and gloves. but her school mistress clothes aint too shabby neither

#16 Posted by Loki9876 (3017 posts) - - Show Bio

Um I line animal man more with his blood tree on his chest than is his costume like this.

#17 Edited by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Enchantress... I find the attire to be un-enchanting.

Admittedly sometimes they draw her better than others, but what's with the 4 different tones of green?

@Loki9876: what's um i line mean?

#18 Posted by EdBlank (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin. Why Robin Hood-ish motif but no Bow and Arrow?

#19 Posted by MatKrenz (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster. It's not 1980 anymore, get something slimmer. I mean back in the early 2000's when Marvel hired a bunch of artists from UDON who were drawing Deadpool, Agent X and the Taskmaster mini they give him this great slim outfit that looks really cool.

#20 Posted by ALFMutant (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash = Seriously, red and yellow? My eeeeeeyyyyyyyyyes