Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (815 posts) - - Show Bio

"To prevent the collision of our universe with another, the Illuminati, led by the Black Panther, must assemble NOW! It’s the most powerful and brilliant team in the Marvel Universe--the Black Panther, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Mister Fantastic, Namor the Sub-Mariner and the Beast--against an infinite legion of parallel realities."

NOW things are getting a whole lot interesting. With the new roster of characters that is a make up of Kings, Scientist, and Magicians, the involvement of John Hickman writing and Steve Epting art, you can bet that not only this will be on my pick up list but that this will be one of the top sell's in Marvel comics. Black Panther, Iron Man, Dr. Strange and just maybe, Mr. Fantastic are going to be the one's that will be most interesting. I'm not too much of a fan of Black Bolt and I don't know why Beast is involved in this roster. I feel as though he was just thrown there because he's the most likely choice for someone that represents the mutants of the group since Professor X is dead. Just hope he (or somebody else) can figure out a way to for Black Bolt to communicate with the group without him leveling up a city lol. My only nit-pick is the title name; New Avengers. I know people will be willing to pick this up if they recognize the name but I'd wish they change the name or just call them "THE ILLUMINATI" since most of these characters are practically founding members of the Illuminati. Hope things won't get a little bumpy to going downhill later on this series as so many series do and then get canceled. Nuff said.

#1 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerd Of A Hero said:

"To prevent the collision of our universe with another, the Illuminati, led by the Black Panther, must assemble NOW! It’s the most powerful and brilliant team in the Marvel Universe--the Black Panther, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Mister Fantastic, Namor the Sub-Mariner and the Beast--against an infinite legion of parallel realities."

NOW things are getting a whole lot interesting. With the new roster of characters that is a make up of Kings, Scientist, and Magicians, the involvement of John Hickman writing and Steve Epting art, you can bet that not only this will be on my pick up list but that this will be one of the top sell's in Marvel comics. Black Panther, Iron Man, Dr. Strange and just maybe, Mr. Fantastic are going to be the one's that will be most interesting. I'm not too much of a fan of Black Bolt and I don't know why Beast is involved in this roster. I feel as though he was just thrown there because he's the most likely choice for someone that represents the mutants of the group since Professor X is dead. Just hope he (or somebody else) can figure out a way to for Black Bolt to communicate with the group without him leveling up a city lol. My only nit-pick is the title name; New Avengers. I know people will be willing to pick this up if they recognize the name but I'd wish they change the name or just call them "THE ILLUMINATI" since most of these characters are practically founding members of the Illuminati. Hope things won't get a little bumpy to going downhill later on this series as so many series do and then get canceled. Nuff said.

Im excited too. the name change doesn't bug me because all of the members except Black Bolt have been Avengers at one time or another.