#1 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

So I've been reading a bunch non superhero lately, Saga, Elephantmen, Manhattan Projects, High Ways Ect. And I'm really digging Scifi comics more than Capes and Tights. So I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me for something Good and Sci-fi any subgenre of scifi will do.

#2 Posted by Jake Fury (18157 posts) - - Show Bio

Saga is going to be tough to top. That series is OUTSTANDING.

#3 Posted by Jake Fury (18157 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm have you read Marvel's Annihilation?

#4 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

You should try the Y The Last Man series. It's not really Scifi but you will instantly get HOOKED!

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92624 posts) - - Show Bio
@MadeinBangladesh

You should try the Y The Last Man series. It's not really Scifi but you will instantly get HOOKED!

I actually just came in here to recommend this. It's an amazing series (just started picking up the trades).
Moderator Online
#6 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@MadeinBangladesh

I actually just came in here to recommend this. It's an amazing series (just started picking up the trades).

sigh...I got my sister the first two trades for christmas and I'm pretty sure that she hasn't touched them at all

#7 Posted by Jake Fury (18157 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92624 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself

@Mercy_ said:

@MadeinBangladesh

sigh...I got my sister the first two trades for christmas and I'm pretty sure that she hasn't touched them at all

Oh man :(

My boss sent me home with one and told me it was required reading. That was three weeks ago and I just finished the third trade and will probs be buying four and five in the next week.
Moderator Online
#9 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio
@MadeinBangladesh: @Mercy_:
 Y bored me to tears. I bought the first trade and I was kicking myself for wasting my money. I loved Ex Machina though.
@Jake Fury

I'm trying to stay away from superhero related books. Planetary was dope though.
#10 Posted by Cap10nate (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury said:

This is on of the best stories I have read. The whole story is a great sci fi epic, especially with all the prequal stories. That whole run from Annihilation, Annihilation: Conquest, Nova, GOTG, and culminating in the Thanos Imparative was a fantastic run. It barely reads as a superhero story.

#11 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cap10nate said:

@Jake Fury said:

This is on of the best stories I have read. The whole story is a great sci fi epic, especially with all the prequal stories. That whole run from Annihilation, Annihilation: Conquest, Nova, GOTG, and culminating in the Thanos Imparative was a fantastic run. It barely reads as a superhero story.

trying to stay away from superheroes.
#12 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently Threshold is pretty good, if that's sci-fi enough for you.

#13 Posted by Cap10nate (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: I saw that. I was just commenting that it was a fantastic story that doesn't read like a super hero story. It is a war epic that takes place in space with people who happen to have powers.

#14 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@danhimself

@Mercy_ said:

@MadeinBangladesh

Oh man :( My boss sent me home with one and told me it was required reading. That was three weeks ago and I just finished the third trade and will probs be buying four and five in the next week.

Your Boss is a great man :)

It will make you sad after you Finnish the whole series :(

#15 Edited by Billy Batson (57783 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know why people would recommend Y when it's not even sci-fi :/ One of the things that bothered me about it was that before I read it, I thought it was a sci-fi book given the name and not looking into it that much. Was a little disappointed that it wasn't but of course it's not the book's fault.

As for sci-fi books...
Currently: Prophet and Godland though Godland doesn't come out regularly and it will end with the next issue IIRC.
Past series: Spaceman, some work from Moebius such as The Incal and its spin-off Metabarons. Also, Transmetropolitan.
BB

#16 Posted by NewComicGuy (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you tried Bloodshot? I would consider that somewhat sci-fi and definitely worth a look.

#17 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

You might want to try a series called Jersey Gods, I read the first issue for free on comixology, I liked it, and I think Im going to get the trades.

I highly recommend Atomic Robo, its like hellboy, but more fun.

Threshold is recommended too, but that 3.99 price point isnt doing it any favors.

#18 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@NewComicGuy said:

Have you tried Bloodshot? I would consider that somewhat sci-fi and definitely worth a look.

Yeah not intrested but thank you.@GundamHeavyarms said:

You might want to try a series called Jersey Gods, I read the first issue for free on comixology, I liked it, and I think Im going to get the trades.

I highly recommend Atomic Robo, its like hellboy, but more fun.

Threshold is recommended too, but that 3.99 price point isnt doing it any favors.

I'll check out robo@Billy Batson: Thanks BB.

#19 Edited by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

dont forget the classic

#20 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnathan Hickman's Pax Romana was an excellent and fascinating time travel story and one of my favorite comic book mini-series of all time, despite having unlikable protagonists and a disagreeable message.

#21 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: I didn't care for the Y: The Last man either.

I'm not reading any current Sci-Fi stuff but things I've really enjoyed from the passed (I'm bad with deciding genre so don't beam me if these don't fit exactly)

• Debris
  • Spaceman
  • Programme