Looking for comic book anthologies

Kurt Wagner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm looking for comic book anthologies with Marvel or DC / Vertigo characters. Preferable books with stories cut between different number of issues, about ~10 pages. Something like 2000 AD, but with Marvel/DC characters.

Perfect examples are Marvel Comics Presents and DC's Showcase '93 - '96, though it doesn't matter what age they are belong to (G/S/B/M), but my priorities are 1965-1995's.

I didn't find any special forum boards for this request, so moderators are free to move this post where it belongs.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Kurt Wagner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@v_scarlotte_rose: well, i meant more 1975-90's stories, like Save the Tiger and The Kobra Kronicles.

Thanks for second volumes of My Greatest Adventure and Weird Worlds, but they are too modern and their first volumes are way too old. As I told above, Marvel Comics Presents lays perfectly: 4-6 parts per issue, some of them are standalone, and some are just parts of the longer story, printed in different issues of the title.

The first volume was released on a biweekly basis and lasted for 175 issues. Each issue had four eight-page stories, of which generally two were episodes in ongoing serials and two were one-episode stories.

Wikipedia
KurtWagner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Damn, I had unusual problems with my account, that's my real one. Gotta report to someone. o_O

I'll stick to this post waiting for new answers.