LOL! So now Fox's version of the twins(QS&SW) are not canon?

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

I don't have a lot of time so long story short Marvel has officially retconed, again, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witches origins. Revealed in the Axis story Magneto was apperantly tricked. HE WAS NOT THE FATHER ALL ALONG...now.

I figure this is a way to explain them not being mutants in MCU. I mean why sit back and listen to people b**** about your studio not having comically accurate versions when you simply change the origin. They have the right. The twins were retconed once before why not do it again. And its for the better anyways because it makes them more interesting since every other character in Marvel is a mutant. It something new. And this Inhuman thing( if ther inhuman) is bout to take off. But unlike the X-men who actually never fit the whole MU this guys will be brought in right from start so ther worlds will merge smoother. I mean am I the only who thought the mutants presence felt a bit forced in the MU. Wolverine never did feel like an Avenger no matter how many times they made him one. The twins will be there since the beginning tho and act like ambassadors between the worlds of the Avengers and Inhuman creating a smoother flow right from the start. And ironically they have a lot of ties with the Inhumans so they actually fit better.

So what do u think?

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That your are so bias that it becomes funny.

How could you like this change??

I'm reading Marvel comics since more than 30 years and let me tell you that I'm pretty stunned by this move.

Maybe a good marketing approach. We'll see that later.

But for the moment to see any positive consequence is purely speculative.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't like it.

Scarlet Witch and QS better get reretconned.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well...judge by your statement is that you only care for live actions movie and not true comics fans

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel shat on the true fans, smh

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

typical meme generation response

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

@boynerdgeek: @bullpr: well its not like u picked up a comic one day and they were just inhuman. It was done in story. all question answered. I dont like how the MU made it seem like the Avenger side was completly oblivious to the mutant plite in the comics. I think in Marvel Now they started trying to fix the problem when they created Uncanny Avengers. But trying to bring in Cap and co. into mutant awarness in UA now is to little too late. Start fresh with the Inhumans and have the Twins act as ambassdors between the two worlds right from the gate. The MCU will make the two worlds (Avengers/Inhuman)fit togethet right from the start so it dosent feel like just a pointless promotional stunt( like AvX) when ever ther together.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

@boynerdgeek: I do care about the comics. I just hated how they handled the two worlds(Avengers/X-men)

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like it.

Scarlet Witch and QS better get reretconned.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@69ball-z-deep: hmmm. Not sure all the questions are answered. Unless you want to discard 60 years of continuity of the Marvel Universe.

It's ok, but once again, it will be without me. I keep reading regularly comics (in parallel to my kids) because of the strength and the overall consistency of the Marvel continuity. It's like reading an ongoing SF saga that I started 30+ years ago.

Remove that and you have a weak literature, with characters having a minimum of development, acting in an absurd environment. With a lot of pictures in color surrounding a few words..

And I'm too old for that.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: I hear ya. I just never really cared for the X-men anyways. Tho wolverine is cool. I always thought Marvel missed the boat on properly merging the X-men and Avengers universes. Its like they were together but they werent. Like X-men are really popular over here doing their thing and Avengers are really popular doing their thing in seperate storys(some how not impacting each other) then sometimes comes together to increse comic sales. Im hoping they merge both worlds (Avengers/inhuman) properly showing how they fit in each others worlds canoncally. QS can be the ambassador like Wolverine was sometime being Avenger and Inhuman. Tho Wolverine never fit. he always felt forced like he shouldnt have been their. QS will work because he will be Avenger first than Inhuman(Maybe).

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By buttersdaman000

Wow, is this true?

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Be less predictable

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

*sigh*

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because their origins are changing in the movies, doesn't mean the comics have to get affected...

*sigh*