Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Colonialkrypton

This is just a rant.

I find it hilarious how on the battle forum speed is the ultimate defining factor in a fight between two highly powered characters,it's ridiculous...if this was the case then FLASH would of SOLO'D DARKSEID in DCU animated movie"Justice league War" but no flash was near useless through out that fight.

If speed was a deciding factor 90% of supermans villains wouldn't bother attacking him because in the sense most of the comicviners say "Speed blitz win" for example in a Thor vs Superman thread everyone would use that as a way to victory but couldn't superman just do the same to Darkseid or Mongul or Brainiac? what's stopping him from using this "curbstomp win" tactic against those characters in his comic?

Time and time again when "Speed blitz" is used in comics or animated movies or cartoons the result is more consistent with logic than it is with the theory of "speedblitz stomp" on here.

The speedster uses his speed to get in,is stationary attack and gets hit from the slower character because you can't do it all at once,you either use your speed to get there and get 1 good shot in or you just stand still and try to let it all go for as many shots as you can get off before you get hit hoping the opponent falls before he strikes you.

This is not to say that speedblitz won't work against lesser strength characters but for f**k sake Flash vs Thor is redundant and idiotic,that's like a very fast cat vs A lion.

I hope someday comicviners will stop this nonsense.

Supermans attempt at the Comicvine speedblitz curbstomp lol.

Good for flash!
Good for flash!
FLASH IS ABOUT TO SPEED BLITZ
FLASH IS ABOUT TO SPEED BLITZ
OHH NO!! so close!
OHH NO!! so close!
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wolfrazer

It's because comics/movies and so forth are dictated by plot. Battle forums there is no plot and each character is used to their full potential so that is why speed kills.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It's because comics/movies and so forth are dictated by plot. Battle forums there is no plot and each character is used to their full potential so that is why speed kills.

QFT

Avatar image for colonialkrypton
Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Colonialkrypton

@wolfrazer: So by creating these battles on here are we saying how it would go down in comic books? or in movie? or in

'' reality'' because anything but reality has a plot to it which is why characters become OP or downplayed.

Let me just say that in no form of potential does a speedster from earth stand a chance against the potential of a GOD or a TITAN.

Nuff said.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolfrazer

@batmanfanboy: Essentially yes, the battles happen as they would actually happen if plot is removed from the equation.

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: @mitran: no i think common sense is lacking on comicvine,

Speed in certain circumstances is irrelevant.

It's shown in comics and in animated movies,POTENTIAL and LOGIC are two things that do not go hand in hand on here.

Like batman with prep beats god.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, pure speed isn't going to beat someone like Galactus, or Odin; if people are saying that could happen, they need to...re-examine their life. Or, they're just trolling.

However, when comparing the Flash to someone like, say, Thor (who has a lot of trouble with superior operating speed), then, unless Thor starts in the air, Flash is going to put a hurtin' on the thunder god. I've posted this before, but I'll post it again:

No Caption Provided

I mean, it sounds cheap, but that's the reality. It never goes that far in the comics because, if it did, well...Flash wouldn't have a whole lot of enemies, would he? That's why Captain Cold has a "cold field" that slows all the molecules within the immediate area, almost nullifying super speed. Mirror Master has an entire dimension he can dump someone in.

Just ask @thetruebarryallen for how epic the Rogues are, and how, conversley, powerful Flash is.

So, when Superman, who isn't prone to using his speed in a battle is being used objectively on a forum where we can pull all the bags of tricks out, someone who can move faster than thought is going to win against someone who can't.

If, in reality, you had character A, who had reaction feats including seeing lightning in slow motion, catching bullets without even trying, being able to track individual photons with just her/his eyes, how do you think they would fair against character B, someone who barely has feats suggesting they can track flying arrows, much less photons?

Don't get me wrong; I find it to be incredibly cheap. But, if everyone's at their best, well...not a whole lot can stop superior speed.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MetalJimmor

Your example of a very fast cat against a lion is incorrect. The speed difference is much, much greater than that.

A more correct way to think of it is a bullet vs a lion. The lion is bigger and stronger than the bullet, and can actually do a lot more damage if given the chance. But the lion can't react to the bullet to dodge it, and the bullet won't suffer any harm in zipping through the lion at blinding speed before the lion can attack back.

When Flash is at his best, Thor won't be able to touch him. Flash can however touch Thor. Many times. And thanks to the IMP he's capable of inflicting damage on Thor.

Flash doesn't always operate at his fastest though. That would be maddening, since even light would stand still to him. Normally he's moving at a more casual speed so he can interact with those around him.

As for Superman vs Thor, when two characters have comparable strength and durability and one has a massive speed advantage it isn't hard to tell which character will win the majority of their fights.

Superman doesn't always use his superspeed against his foes because of plot. The writer wants to make an interesting fight so he conveniently forgets Superman can move at such amazing speeds so it's not one sided. On the battleboards we can't take plot under consideration because there's no story to these battles.

Sure, if you were writing a comic then you could have Thor beat Superman. You could have Arms-Fall-Off-Lad beat Superman. The writer has unlimited control of what happens. So if we were to take your proposal of using plot in the battle debates the winner would always be who the original poster wanted to win, and there'd by nothing to debate.

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Colonialkrypton

@hart7668: I could agree with your post and I do but the fact that amazo has the ability to take powers away and was also holding flash off the ground makes that some inconstant ass writing which is another problem I have but eh.

There are so many things power characters can do like cause quakes and such or if they can fly they just fly and flash can't do much.

Also flash has been show to exhaust himself badly when using speed,which makes that scan even more ridiculous.

Good scan and good replies guys,at least we are debating and not LOL ROFLSTOMP SPEED BlITZ

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: I just want to be clear I am not saying flash CAN'T beat Thor in some way possible because flash can do a lot with his speed (depending on which one we are speaking of) but what I am trying to say is a POWER house of thors magnitude can destroy the whole field they are fighting on and leave little to nothing for flash to catch enough balance on,slow him down that way and ultimately either fly if they can in the sky where flash can do nothing to them at all but take HUGE chances of leaping or using tornado propeller like tactics to try and attack which wouldn't hurt much either.

I'm just trying to say these options are not explored and everyone is quick to say OH SPEED BLITZ PWN STOMP

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668: I could agree with your post and I do but the fact that amazo has the ability to take powers away and was also holding flash off the ground makes that some inconstant ass writing which is another problem I have but eh.

There are so many things power characters can do like cause quakes and such or if they can fly they just fly and flash can't do much.

Also flash has been show to exhaust himself badly when using speed,which makes that scan even more ridiculous.

Good scan and good replies guys,at least we are debating and not LOL ROFLSTOMP SPEED BlITZ

Yeah, area of effect is a pretty decent way to deal with speedsters. Especially ones that try to anticipate your moves before actually...moving.

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668 said:

@batmanfanboy said:

Yeah, area of effect is a pretty decent way to deal with speedsters. Especially ones that try to anticipate your moves before actually...moving.

thumbs up

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@hart7668 said:

@batmanfanboy said:

"Know thy place" this single sentence is the exact reason I hate Thor

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanfanboy: you're forgetting that thor would need to react to do all that. by the time thor even raises his hammer, he'd be already knocked out by flash. thor needs to have a MFTL reaction time to even do aoa attacks against the speedsters like flash and that's where the arguments come in. thor doesn't have that reaction time. him reacting to quicksilver isn't enough.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I didn't think Thor was normally like that. I don't know the full context of the scan, but it feels like Thor...feels very threatened in his own home. And knowing Quicksilver, he was probably mouthing off at him, hence the whole, "you think mutants are superior to everyone, but I am a god blah blah."

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanfanboy: @hart7668:

Except Quicksilver is massively, hilariously slower than the Flash. Particularly Wally West, the Flash that's normally used in battle debates. He's also able to hit vastly harder than Quicksilver due to the nature of his powers. The two characters are not even remotely comparable.

The Flash can easily outrun said AoE strike. Or phase through it. Or just zip in and pummel Thor while running thousands of times faster than the speed of light before Thor manages to raise his hammer. If we want to get ridiculous then Flash runs backward in time and attacks Thor before Thor is even aware the fight was going to happen. It's not just that Flash has a considerable speed edge here, it's that he is literally millions of times faster if we're using his full power.

Understand that in a comicbook battle Thor has a good chance of winning because of Wally's personality and his morals, and the fact he doesn't explode at his opponent at millions of times the speed of light. However, in a battle forum debate where his morals have been removed and he's starting at his strongest he's too fast for anyone without high level superspeed to even perceive. Wally could calmly stand still, take an hour (To him) to assess the situation, have some tea, then come back and start punching Thor with his physics defying Infinite Mass Punch before Thor blinks.

You can't compete with a speed disparity that big. The two characters may as well be operating on different wavelengths, because to Thor he'll be unconscious before his mind can register that he's under attack.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: You can't blame Thor dude he was born royalty, and not just royalty either, but a race of long-living humanoids who are/were litterally worshipped as Gods, and his parants are two of the most powerful beings in the universe. People act like their hot-s--t for getting a promotion at their jobs.