Avatar image for letsdebateimbored
LetsDebateImBored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LetsDebateImBored

Hi, before anything I'd like to point out, I'm not a DBZ Fanboy, I'm not a DC fanboy, I'm not a Marvel fanboy, I'm simply a super hero lover.

One thing I've noticed on comic vine is the hate for DBZ, which I simply don't understand since in my opinion, it is on par with both DC and Marvel.

I've seen that all 3 have plot holes, errors, etc, so none of the 3 are perfect.

Earlier I was looking at a debate about DBZ versus some DC characters. I simply did not understand the logic being used so id like it to be explained.

Super Perfect Cell, well even Perfect Cell, is a solar system buster, Cell himself said that he was, for many, this is not enough, since it was just said, no actual feat was shown. Fair enough. (although honestly if you compare power levels, yes he easily can solar system bust, but not the point.)

So then I see some people arguing about weather or not Goku, can breathe in space, some DBZ Fans point toward the fact that bardock was breathing in space, which is true, and the DC Fans to the fact that Frieza stated that Goku couldn't have survived in space, but? Where's the proof? Just like Cells Solar System Busting claim, with nothing to back it up, Frieza couldn't back up his claim either, it was never in anyway shown that he couldn't survive in space.

So what do you guys think?

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

When I see your post, I imagine a room filled with a huge pool of gasoline and a line of people with matches in their hand standing around it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

DO U EVEN LOGIC BRAH?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason why DBZ threads are banned is because of the logic lol.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Experio
Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I see your post, I imagine a room filled with a huge pool of gasoline and a line of people with matches in their hand standing around it.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nyas

@letsdebateimbored said:

Hi, before anything I'd like to point out, I'm not a DBZ Fanboy, I'm not a DC fanboy, I'm not a Marvel fanboy, I'm simply a super hero lover.

One thing I've noticed on comic vine is the hate for DBZ, which I simply don't understand since in my opinion, it is on par with both DC and Marvel.

I've seen that all 3 have plot holes, errors, etc, so none of the 3 are perfect.

Earlier I was looking at a debate about DBZ versus some DC characters. I simply did not understand the logic being used so id like it to be explained.

Super Perfect Cell, well even Perfect Cell, is a solar system buster, Cell himself said that he was, for many, this is not enough, since it was just said, no actual feat was shown. Fair enough. (although honestly if you compare power levels, yes he easily can solar system bust, but not the point.)

So then I see some people arguing about weather or not Goku, can breathe in space, some DBZ Fans point toward the fact that bardock was breathing in space, which is true, and the DC Fans to the fact that Frieza stated that Goku couldn't have survived in space, but? Where's the proof? Just like Cells Solar System Busting claim, with nothing to back it up, Frieza couldn't back up his claim either, it was never in anyway shown that he couldn't survive in space.

No Caption Provided

You are correct, but that's just the way it is. Dragon ball fights are banned because this is before all a comic site, and not many comic fans like anime (some even hate it), so these kind of debates would be filled with Bull and turn into flame wars, at some point even anime vs comic were banned.

Anyway just check the 4 years old threads, that should give you an idea about how much people hate having their heroes lose to anime characters.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here we go again

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@letsdebateimbored:

Cell can't solar system bust because Buu's best feat was small star level and two people as strong as or stronger than Cell couldn't deflect it. Also, scaling by power levels is a very, very bad idea. Not only do feats match up poorly with them, they don't even match up with the power level system that Babidi uses, based off of pure destructive capacity.

That one's a little more iffy. I'm not sure how cannon the scene where Bardock confronts freedom was, but Freeza's pretty stupid, so I don't take what he says seriously. Goku did fight in space in Battle of Gods, but SSJGod may be able to do that where none else can.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dum529001

@nyas said:

@letsdebateimbored said:

No Caption Provided

You are correct, but that's just the way it is. Dragon ball fights are banned because this is before all a comic site, and not many comic fans like anime (some even hate it), so these kind of debates would be filled with Bull and turn into flame wars, at some point even anime vs comic were banned.

Anyway just check the 4 years old threads, that should give you an idea about how much people hate having their heroes lose to anime characters.

Let people speak for themsleves. I, for one, happen to like anime a lot!

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nyas

@dum529001 said:

@nyas said:

@letsdebateimbored said:

No Caption Provided

Good for you, but what does that mean in all honesty ? It's not like I said that every last anime fan hates comics and every last comic fan hates anime, I was merely stating my opinion based on what usually happens. This thread is a good example. His question was logical and yet how many people ignored the point and commented on something else ?

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda think DBZ should be brought back but, thats what CAV'S are for

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nyas said:

@dum529001 said:

@nyas said:

@letsdebateimbored said:

No Caption Provided

Good for you, but what does that mean in all honesty ? It's not like I said that every last anime fan hates comics and every last comic fan hates anime, I was merely stating my opinion based on what usually happens. This thread is a good example. His question was logic and yet how many people ignored the point and commented on something else ?

I simply chose not address the main topic at that time.

Most times what is supposed to be a discusion on the forum boards becomes nothing but a popularity contest.

Most times people hate the idea of using logic or they only like logic when it supports their side of the argument.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Lol.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for letsdebateimbored
LetsDebateImBored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@web_flotsam: Vegeta in the Sayian Saga was going to destroy earth with his galic gun.

This brings me to two points, one, wouldn't he, logically know that if he couldn't survive in space, he too along with all of earth would die? His pride is far to great to accept the fact that the only way to beat goku, was suicide, I think he could survive in space.

Point two, if Vegeta could destroy a planet so early in the series could destroy a planet with one beam, with out even trying, I'm sure Cell could bust an entire solar system.

Concerning the whole Bardok movie, I don't think it was canon, that said, I do accept most of what goes on in them as some of what happens on GT, because there are so many universes in DC it's only fair that non-cannon stories, are considered other universes.

The reason I say I only accept some of GT, is because yes they screwed up sometimes, like when Goku in SSJ4 was cut by glass, many opposing fans use that to say gokus durability is shit, when in fact it's not and it was a screw up.

Something similar in DC has happened, for example, in the Justice League show, when they were going to go up against amazo superman wore a spacesuit, which strongly suggested he needed it to help him breathe in space, one could claim that superman can't survive in space then right? No, he can and it was a screw up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=w-CooMJPky4

Just the way I interpret things anyway

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nyas

@dum529001 said:

@nyas said:

@dum529001 said:

@nyas said:

@letsdebateimbored said:

No Caption Provided

Good for you, but what does that mean in all honesty ? It's not like I said that every last anime fan hates comics and every last comic fan hates anime, I was merely stating my opinion based on what usually happens. This thread is a good example. His question was logic and yet how many people ignored the point and commented on something else ?

I simply chose not address the main topic at that time.

Most times what is supposed to be a discusion on the forum boards becomes nothing but a popularity contest.

Most times people hate the idea of using logic or they only like logic when it supports their side of the argument.

That's why nobody cares about random posts with "X stomps" or "X lolstomps", and this is also why I don't like polls unless they are actually for a popularity contest. Whats your point anyway ?

Only sore losers and those who tend to rage quit do that, If you ever find a battle forum were this happens alot, then I think you should just go look for a REAL one. The reason I chose to join CV is because it has a good number of objective fight analysis.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logic?

That's funny. People will believe what they want to believe.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DO U EVEN LOGIC BRAH?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers