samirerre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By samirerre

hi and sorry for my bad english.

ive been reading marvel lately and i realized that marvel accepted both realigion and science into it.

in the xman the idea of evolution turned to be right while the house of m indicates that humens have also many

aspects which totally contradicts evolution and science like the idea of souls and well you know...

and the way they mashed the norse mythology is handled very bad,

i know this is just comcs and sense/logic isnt the strong side of marvel but its really bugs me.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AweSam

Get used to it. In order to make so many storylines and attract such a large fanbase, they have to combine many things. Marvel's more scientifically based than religiously, unlike DC. Although their science is unbelievably flawed (ex. radiation = powers).

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Kiltro95

Comics and Logic just don't mix no matter what blender you put them in.

But seriously when Marvel puts religion and science together I think what their doing is just giving their own understanding, or just trying to appeal to readers on a wider scale.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

The existence of a soul isn't necessarily a contradiction of evolution nor would evolution necessarily disprove religion either, many Judeo-Christian religious scholars consider the Bible more metaphorical than factual and some religions actually seem to support the concept of evolution in some aspects.

samirerre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By samirerre

not really,old judaism is against evolution in everypossible way,the modern christianity just tries to compromis with scientists in case they will lose.and science in itself already disproved that souls and spirits are just illusions that the humen mind creats.nothing more.

and marvel never even bothered explaining how this 2 entirely different views work with each other in the marvel universe.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

Whose logic? Can be tricky but first thing first, Marvel is an ongoing fictional Universe with multiple writers and artists and editors and thousands and thousands of characters, in multiple titles and their point is to make money, typically by the pursuit of creating good stories and good characters that will prompt people to buy them. So consistency and objectivity are not priorities over entertainment value appealing to as broad an audience as possible and making money.  

Now since Marvel is a fictional place, we the readers can find out things about Marvel Universe that we can not prove in our own reality, at least not right now. Thor isn't around because a cow licked the void, Thor is around because of Gaea, and Odin mating. So with more answers to answers to questions naturally come more questions. Like woah? Thor is actually real? Okay so is that he has all these incredible powers a sign that he is a god, or is he a god because he has all these incredible powers and when the word god existed in his time and interactions with humans all you needed to be considered a god was incredible power, worship and to be invoked. So why did many germanic peoples 1000 years ago believe in Thor and not Shiva? Well in Marvel its because they have these alt realities and some of them are adjacent to certain countries and so we have objective confirmation that multiple deity systems existed but each of them has contradicting accounts within their own systems anyway and it can all potentially make sense, its just going to take a lot of time to sort though. Well and willingness, and the idea that its more interesting to have Ares fight Hercules with modern weapons wins out in end. 

I tend to think its at your own discretion. Marvel narrative science and logic can make me laugh, but I have to be aware they are going to prioritize entertainment over logic which will bring inconsistency and it will be this way until heavy majority of comic fans find value in logic playing a role in story telling and character development.      

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CrimsonCake

@samirerre said:

not really,old judaism is against evolution in everypossible way,the modern christianity just tries to compromis with scientists in case they will lose.and science in itself already disproved that souls and spirits are just illusions that the humen mind creats.nothing more.

and marvel never even bothered explaining how this 2 entirely different views work with each other in the marvel universe.

Not really,There are alot of reports when two or more people experienced a ghost.If it was just an hallucination only one person would be able to see it.And has for souls,N.D.E's and O.B.E's seem to indicate that the consciousness is independent of the brain via Soul.It's still a mystery.

samirerre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By samirerre

your not listening to me.the existence of "souls" is absord.your own consciious mind cannot tolaret that your are but just a living meat and so you decieve yourself to belive you

have a higher self existing as energy called souls.the concept of ghosts are mostly the reaction of the mind when you are in a dark area and when your mind cannot unsderstand something it comes up as a ghost becouse thats what we heard of in stories and realigion and that our best explenetion of it and we react ith fear which gives it even stronger feel

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CrimsonCake

@samirerre said:

your not listening to me.the existence of "souls" is absord.your own consciious mind cannot tolaret that your are but just a living meat and so you decieve yourself to belive you

have a higher self existing as energy called souls.the concept of ghosts are mostly the reaction of the mind when you are in a dark area and when your mind cannot unsderstand something it comes up as a ghost becouse thats what we heard of in stories and realigion and that our best explenetion of it and we react ith fear which gives it even stronger feel

Sorry it took so long to reply,I couldn't see your comment.

Quantum mechanics seems to suggest that the consciousness is independent of the brain.Some people who had N.D.E's did not believe in the soul or the afterlife when they had it.There mind did not create it.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Loki9876

@SC said:

Whose logic? Can be tricky but first thing first, Marvel is an ongoing fictional Universe with multiple writers and artists and editors and thousands and thousands of characters, in multiple titles and their point is to make money, typically by the pursuit of creating good stories and good characters that will prompt people to buy them. So consistency and objectivity are not priorities over entertainment value appealing to as broad an audience as possible and making money. Now since Marvel is a fictional place, we the readers can find out things about Marvel Universe that we can not prove in our own reality, at least not right now. Thor isn't around because a cow licked the void, Thor is around because of Gaea, and Odin mating. So with more answers to answers to questions naturally come more questions. Like woah? Thor is actually real? Okay so is that he has all these incredible powers a sign that he is a god, or is he a god because he has all these incredible powers and when the word god existed in his time and interactions with humans all you needed to be considered a god was incredible power, worship and to be invoked. So why did many germanic peoples 1000 years ago believe in Thor and not Shiva? Well in Marvel its because they have these alt realities and some of them are adjacent to certain countries and so we have objective confirmation that multiple deity systems existed but each of them has contradicting accounts within their own systems anyway and it can all potentially make sense, its just going to take a lot of time to sort though. Well and willingness, and the idea that its more interesting to have Ares fight Hercules with modern weapons wins out in end. I tend to think its at your own discretion. Marvel narrative science and logic can make me laugh, but I have to be aware they are going to prioritize entertainment over logic which will bring inconsistency and it will be this way until heavy majority of comic fans find value in logic playing a role in story telling and character development.

this

hmm hard to explain. Science is the way in marvel pseodoscience that is but the one-above-all created the big bang and thean evolution took place and etc, etc... magic can also be explained by science in marvel comics.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Vortex13

@CrimsonCake: Quantum Mechanics theories end up being bull s##t a lot of the time. Consciousness is just an advanced form of emotions, I dislike the idea that just because we have a higher level of intelligence than most other animals it means we in some way have not a biological difference but a special separation of our consciousness and biological development. Over eons of evolution somehow we end up having a separation of advanced thought process and our actual brain functions? Personally I don't buy that, to me it just seems like a thing people propose to make us seem better and more advanced than other creatures which we are in fact in many ways more advanced. But other animals have emotions too, thats been proven, maybe not as complex as ours but they still have them.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Jorgevy

I dont see why science <> religion is taken seriously. Science and religion are different, none invalidates the other and they can very well work together and complete each other, mainly because both try to answer to different questions even if their subjects overlap sometimes. So, Marvel and DC are awesome exactly because they don't go one or the other way. There is science fiction, magic and spiritual worlds and it all works and makes sense in their universe. That's it. No need to be bothered or confused, because if you think about it, it's pretty much the same way it should be handled in our universe.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Twentyfive

@AweSam said:

Get used to it. In order to make so many storylines and attract such a large fanbase, they have to combine many things. Marvel's more scientifically based than religiously, unlike DC. Although their science is unbelievably flawed (ex. radiation = powers).

Screw that. How about when the Hulk punched a black hole? That took the cake as unbelievably flawed.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AweSam

@Twentyfive said:

@AweSam said:

Screw that. How about when the Hulk punched a black hole? That took the cake as unbelievably flawed.

Hence, why I said "flawed". Very, very flawed.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@AweSam said:

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If we're buying into folks escaping exploding planets in rockets and gaining superpowers when they land, and if we're buying into "Man bitten by spider can now climb walls"  we should be able to buy into anything, because the idea of super-powers is absurd to begin with.

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheAntiReVamp
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Manwhohaseverything said:

If we're buying into folks escaping exploding planets in rockets and gaining superpowers when they land, and if we're buying into "Man bitten by spider can now climb walls" we should be able to buy into anything, because the idea of super-powers is absurd to begin with.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@samirerre said:

You're assuming everyone believes the way you do. That is simply not the case.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@JediXMan said:

@samirerre said:

You're assuming everyone believes the way you do. That is simply not the case.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Blood1991

Well I forgive lapses in comic logic. Their writers not physicist.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Comics don't follow logic really. If they didn't there wouldn't be random reboots like The New 52.