#1 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to say (at the risk of preaching to the choir) that Valiant Comics is absolutely owning DC and Marvel at their own game. If you haven't given these books a try, you're doing yourself a great disservice. I like Batman too, but Snyder's book is pretty much the only one that holds a candle to what Valiant is doing right now.

Quality writing trumps mediocre stories featuring your childhood heroes. Give at least one of these books a try. That is all.

Archer and Armstrong

Shadowman

X-O Manowar

Harbinger

Bloodshot

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24875 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly being better than Marvel right now isn't saying a whole lot

#3 Posted by Catsnlynne (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to cut some books out of my pull list already that I still wanted to read, so I'll pass.

#4 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Honestly being better than Marvel right now isn't saying a whole lot

And yet they outsell everyone.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24875 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker: Justine Bieber is currently selling more albums than Led Zepplin, doesn't mean he makes better music

#6 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@Reignmaker: Justine Bieber is currently selling more albums than Led Zepplin, doesn't mean he makes better music

Can't argue with that. Consider this a plea for people to drop a bit of the Bieber fever in favor of experimenting something else.

#7 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

lmao

#8 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Quintus_Knightfall said:

@joshmightbe said:

lmao

well Led Zepplin are a bit out of their time too, so this isn't a far comparison.

anyways, all I see in these Valiant comics are guns, swords and gore. where are my super heroes bro? Not saying it's bad, but it just doesn't seem my style