List Your Favourite Comic Book Movies In Order

d_bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#

So yeah there are a lot of comic book movie threads on here and I wanted to see where people landed on rating the many movies against one another. And I'm gonna say no animated for the sake of sanity as there would be WAY too many if they were included. Also if there is a similar thread by all means shut me down. There are also quite a few so if you don't want to list ALL of the ones you have seen you can just pick your top 5 or top 10. Alright here goes:

1. Sin City (this is my number 3 movie ALL TIME so no surprise it ends up here)
  2. Watchmen (I'm one of the few people who stands by this movie, also amazing soundtrack)
  3. V for Vendetta (I will admit a terrible secret I've never read the comic...but love the movie)
  4. Dark Knight (probably overrated in the grand scheme of things but amazing performances anchor it)
  5. 300 (masculine, incredible visuals, amazing action and a lead man like no other)
  6. Batman Begins (amazing start to the Nolan Bat-verse, also Liam Neeson <3)
  7. Iron Man (RDJ does an amazing job, the origin story was fantastic)
  8. Dark Knight Rises (not as amazing as it's predecessor and Talia was no surprise but exciting til the end)
  9. Blade 2 (one of my favourite action movies ever, bloody, interesting and an excellent/gross villain)
  10. X2 (Stryker and Wolverine is excellence, mutant team up against evil humans= :D)
  11. The Avengers (Saw it far after release so the hype got to it a bit, still great action and well scripted)
  12. A History of Violence (I love Viggo and Cronenberg plus the tension in this film is great)
  13. Man of Steel (I liked it...a lot, thought Zod was a bit over the top but all in all just a good start to Supes)
  14. Blade (the blood god stuff was a bit corny but the initial windup was frightening, vamps were scary again)
  15. Spiderman 2 (Ock is my fave spidey villain way more human, hit on all levels)
  16. 30 Days of Night (underappreciated, intense and ending is a bit predictable I really love the atmosphere)
  17. Hellboy (surprised the shit out of me first viewing even dad liked it, Ron Perlman was amazing)
  18. X-Men First Class (great cast, felt the relationship between Mag and X was sort of rushed)
  19. X-Men (looking back this movie is sort of dated....and dark as hell for some reason but a classic)
  20. Batman Forever (yeah that's right my favourite of the original 4, come at me!! Childhood nostalgia FTW!)
  21. Batman Returns (Danny DeVito was awesome and Burton really Burtoned lol)
  22. Spiderman (Tobey wasn't great but was a good nerd to play off of crazy Defoe)
  23. Thor (good fantasy based comic movie even thought the robot battle sort of blowed)
  24. Batman (saw this one late so doesn't hold my nostalgia but Jack as Joker is pretty funny)
  25. Hellboy 2 (Using awesome villain from Blade 2 as pissed off elf? Alright with me)
  26. Incredible Hulk (Norton was a good Banner after disappointing Bana but still a bit hokey)
  27. Constantine (I actually enjoy watching this movie even though it is flawed as hell)
  28. Scott Pilgrim (Funny, Toronto shot and visually stimulating)
  29. Spawn (What a weirdly enjoyable movie, somewhat silly and dated as a negative)
  30. Kick-Ass (Not in love with it but just re watched it and on second viewing like it more)
  31. Amazing Spiderman (Once again hype train got me, thought Spidey jokes were good and Ifans was wasted)
  32. Hulk (this movie is janky, Bana is stiff and unbelievable as a scientist plus villain is a joke)
  33. Iron Man 2 (disappointing overall, plus Rourke while normally decent is laughable)
  34. X3 (all over the place, shoehorned in characters, terrible one liners)
  35. Superman Returns (Routh wasn't interesting enough, sort of boring overall)
  36. League of Extraordinary Gentleman (I think it is ridiculous, dumb fun but compared to the graphic novel it is based on it missed the point completely)
  37. Wanted (honestly forgettable)
  38. Blade Trinity (bringing in Dracula as a model no less was terrible mistake, not dark enough)
  39. Green Lantern (what a waste, Sinestro should have been villain, bad CGI)
  40. Captain America: First Avenger (god damn boring....as hell)
  41. Ghost Rider (too dumb for it's own good, also thought Cage was too old)
  42. Spiderman 3 (Ew...terrible final battle, emo spidey and dumb dance blech)
  43. Batman and Robin (nipples! Clooney! Ice to See You!)
  44. From Hell (seemed haphazard/messy and overall uninteresting)
  45. Daredevil (Bullseye was terrible, Affleck was terrible, Electra was terrible. Need I Go on?)
  46. Fantastic 4 (I really didn't like these movies too cheesy and almost terribly childish)
  47. Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer (see above but add a menacing smoke cloud)
  48. X-Men Origins Wolverine (awful just awful, did you see what they did to deadpool??
  49. The Spirit (almost unwatchable gets my vote for worst comic book movie I've ever seen)

Unseen (or seen too long ago to rate properly): 30 Days of Night Dark Days, The Punisher, Punisher: War Zone, Captain America (1990 I think), the Superman Movies 1-4 (I know what a miss but I've only seen bits and pieces), Catwoman (Not gonna subject myself to this), Elektra, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Ghost World, Iron Man 3, Red, Swamp Thing Movies and Jonah Hex.

I managed to make my list 50 long which points out the fact that wow comics really are bleeding onto the big screen in a massive way and also to show god damn there are probably too many bad ones being made. Also with a list so broad I probably missed a few notable ones which I'm sure someone will point out to me.

Oh and I added a little comment next to each movie which are just little thoughts I had about them and can elaborate on if you want to discuss reasonably. Also just my opinions in case someone got mad lol. Alright what do you guys think?

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've made a top 50 of my personal favourites. Keep in mind I havent seen EVERY comic book movie (V for Vendetta, Red, American Splendor, etc.)

1. The Crow (my all time favourite film. From a comic book and film student point of view)

2. Sin City

3. Dredd (Favourite of 2012)

4. Batman Begins

5. Hellboy

6. Dark Knight

7. Dark Knight Rises

8. Punisher (2004)

9. X2

10. Spider Man 2

11. 300

12. The Avengers

13. Man Of Steel

14. Watchmen

15. Spider-Man

16. X-Men

17. The Losers (a lot of fun! Not many people have seen it)

18. Iron Man

19. Amazing Spider-Man

20. Blade

21. Superman 2

22. Hellboy 2

23. Kick Ass

24. Blade 2

25. Batman

26. Thor

27. x-Men First Class

28. Wanted

29. Batman Returns

30. Punisher War Zone

31. Scott Pilgrim

32. Crow: City of Angels

33. The Incredible Hulk

34. The Hulk (Ang Lee's)

35. Iron Man 3

36. Punisher (1989)

37. Batman Forever (campy goodness + Jim Carrey)

38. Spawn

39. Iron Man 2

40. Constantine

41. Captain America

42. Ghost World

43. Dare Devil

44. The Mask

45. Men In Black (deviates far from source material, but is still based on comics)

46. Judge Dredd (LAW!!!)

47. Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer (only because of Surfer)

48. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

49. Virus (from the Dark Horse comic)

50. Green Lantern (never actually saw the whole thing)

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By deaditegonzo
  1. Man of Steel
  2. Dark Knight Rises
  3. Dark Knight
  4. Batman Begins
  5. Superman Returns
  6. Scott Pilgrim
  7. Superman II
  8. Superman
  9. Iron Man 1
  10. Avengers
  11. X-Men First Class
  12. Kick Ass
  13. Spider-Man 2
  14. Incredible Hulk
  15. Blade 2
  16. Amazing Spider-Man
  17. Batman Returns
  18. Thor

I think, at least for tonight.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

My top ten would be:

1. The Dark Knight

2. Man Of Steel

3. The Dark Knight Rises

4. Batman Begins

5. Captain America: The First Avenger

6. The Avengers

7. X-Men First Class

8. Iron Man

9. Thor

10. Spider-Man 2

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

1. Iron Man
  2. Dark Knight
  3. Avengers
  4. Batman Begins
  5. Hellboy 2
  6. X-Men First Class
  7. Scott Pilgrim
  8. Man of Steel
  9. The Crow
  10. Blade Il

The rest can fall where they want...

DraZah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DraZah
No Caption Provided

Is Under Rated.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Avengers

2. Thor

3. Superman

4. Amazing Spiderman

5. The Dark Knight

6. Batman Forever

7. Superman II

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

My top ten:

1. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
  2. Sin City
  3. Kick-Ass
  4. Batman Begins
  5. American Splendor
  6. The Dark Knight Rises
  7. Man of Steel
  8. The Amazing Spider-Man
  9. X-Men: First Class
  10. The Avengers

There's still some I need to see like Dredd, Hellboy, Hellboy II: The Golden Army. I'm hoping Kick-Ass 2, Ant-Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy are able to break into the top ten when those are released.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I was not prepared for this today and should never have clicked this thread because now I have to rack jack my poor brain for at least a top ten. Breathe. Breathe.

My list goes by how well they did with the character/s and rewatch value.

1. Man of Steel
  2. Avengers
  3. Spider-Man 2
  4. Iron Man 3
  5. The Amazing Spider-Man
  6. The Incredible Hulk
  7. Batman ('89)
  8. The Punisher ('04)
  9. X-Men: First Class
  10. Ghost Rider (ok admittedly it was terrible. So much fun though.)

Superman 1 - 3, Spider-Man, Spawn and Watchmen get honorable mentions as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1. Spider-Man 3/Trilogy as a whole
  2. Avengers
  3. Punisher/War Zone
  4. Captain America
  5. Blade