Lex Luthor actually have a solid point about Superman

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Boynerdgeek

As you all know Lex Luthor said that Superman will make us lazy and will make human not growth to full potential. To be clear Superman is one of my fav superheroes but I can see why Lex Luthor have good solid point regarding this. Do you guys remember idea of Jimmy Olsen’s famous Signal Watch. He can just use the watch and Superman come and help him all the time. Imagine if Superman give the watch to all humans around the world. We will be lazy not doing anything and rely on Superman to do our work. It’s also a powerful metaphor that shows the modern Lex Luthor argument about how Superman’s presence on Earth is stunting humanity’s growth as a species to be the lie that it is.

Worth mention : Jimmy Olsen is awesome character :)

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@boynerdgeek: I pretty much agree.

This is also related to the case with Batman.

A lot of users here are anti-Batman because they do not think his prep can eventually solve all problems given sufficient prep-time. They, like supporters of Superman, would prevent humanity from growing to their full potential because they like to invoke argument by incredulity.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@boynerdgeek: Can I see proof of of Lex Saying this? This seems very interesting.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: read Grant Morrison All Star Superman or watch All Star Superman animated movie :)

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@thebiggestg: I like Superman as much I like Batman alot but...if I have to choose I like Superman better because my fav character Dick Grayson get the name "Nightwing" from Superman and Superman have huge legacy in 31st century name "Legion of Superheroes" where not many superheroes have that kind of Legacy

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@boynerdgeek: @comicace3: ? Does Lex not say that most times he meets Superman nowadays? It isn't just a one off thing.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By comicace3

@boynerdgeek said:

@comicace3: read Grant Morrison All Star Superman or watch All Star Superman animated movie :)

Oh yeah I remember. Thanks.

@maccyd said:

@boynerdgeek: @comicace3: ? Does Lex not say that most times he meets Superman nowadays? It isn't just a one off thing.

I got it thanks. I don't read as much supes comics now or stuff with lex and supes talking.

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. I do find this to be a good point. Although superman is highly moral, despite how powerful he is, he doesn't really do anything to inspire humanity to be able to defend itself. Only rely on him.

Then you have Lex's flaw of him being able to cure cancer, but being obsessed with trying to touch the face of of a god with his fist.